Author Topic: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 9/14/20  (Read 53560 times)

Re: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 9/14/20
« Reply #1155 on: September 15, 2020, 10:22:36 PM »

Online Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Yep, super Hayward is gonna come save the celtics!
Please, hes been out of the loops for a series and a half and as likely to ruin any rhythm we have as he is to save us...sorry

Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree.  When Hayward gets back, he's likely to be at about 70% health on a minutes limit and with no rhythm on either side of the floor. 

I really like Hayward's game when he's healthy, but it's really difficult to jump into a playoff series right off of an injury.

Still much better than Semi and Wanamaker off the bench.

« Reply #1156 on: September 15, 2020, 10:22:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Jayson Tatum made a shot with 7:29 to go in the game. From then on...

Turnover
Miss
Miss
Hits free throw on dead ball foul drawn by smart
Miss
Hits two free throws
Miss
Miss
Fouls jimmy on and-1
Miss (last second miracle attempt)

Exaxctly...blame kemba or whoever else bit jayson lost this game despite his good first half...period

Yeah definitely could've used more offensive diversity

That’s where I think Gordon will help us a lot when he returns. He creates a lot of good looks for people so we don’t have to rely on iso to score

But which Hayward are we gonna get?

I'll believe it when I see it with Hayward. We've been talking about 'when we get Hayward back' for the last 3 years. I would love nothing more than for him to come back and save the series, but we are lacking in grit and determination - and those aren't exactly Hayward's strong suits.

That might be a bit unfair on Hayward Jamb...I would say coming back after a career threatening injury where most people would struggle to walk again let alone compete at an elite level shows plenty of grit and determination.

That said, it’s understandable to think he will be rusty and we shouldn’t be looking at him as the messiah to save us. We have enough players to be able to do that without relying on him to change everything.

the bitterness towards hayward is amazing. questioning his “grit and determination” when the guy battled back from a nasty ankle dislocation, fractured tibia, and torn ligaments is...let’s say...curious.

no one is calling him the messiah but he’s an integral part of this young team, who brings unselfish leadership and an impact on the offense that’s greater than his stat line.

if any single player deserves ire, it’s kemba, who hasn’t just disappeared during the playoffs (not due to injury) but he’s become a liability on both ends of the floor.

Lol - I pretty clearly meant as a player on the floor, not in rehab. Hayward is a very skilled player who makes the right plays, but he is hardly Marcus Smart out there. I would love to have him out there, but this game came down to who wanted it more and it certainly wasn't the Cs.

And, yeah, Kemba has essentially become what IT currently is. It's great that he decided to wake up in the 4th on offense, but his defense has been awful.

« Reply #1157 on: September 15, 2020, 10:26:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Tatum went 0-7 in the last 7 min

That is brutal

« Reply #1158 on: September 15, 2020, 10:27:02 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

That is brutal

Yep he single handedly lost us this game, sorry folks

« Reply #1159 on: September 15, 2020, 10:27:15 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Miami was so quick in transition on both ends of the floor.
Worse,  they did better in offense.
Kemba counters them with slow offensive play. He reminds me of Damon Stoudamire when his Blazers couldn't rely on him against Shaq and co..

« Reply #1160 on: September 15, 2020, 10:27:57 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

That is brutal

Yep he single handedly lost us this game, sorry folks

Tatum needs to lay off of Kyrie...he's been influenced by Kyrie in these playoffs.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1161 on: September 15, 2020, 10:28:15 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Four things the Cs need to address in order to win this series (IMO):

1.  Stop with the dribble, dribble, dribble to 5 seconds and then go ISO.  Move the ball or drive and kick.
2.  We need to stop collapsing on every drive to the paint and leave the 3 point line open.  Give up the 2.  Butler isn't even looking for his shot and we are doubling him.
3.  Communicate on defense.  There were numerous times where we had 2 guys guarding one guy and leaving one guy wide open.  TALK!!!!
4.  On defense, we need to make some effort to get through these picks especially with Kemba.  We switch way to easily which leads to Kemba guarding Butler and then our defense gets out of whack trying to double him.  The Heat players and Raptor players for that matter made a concerted effort to get through this picks to avoid mismatches.  We need to do the same!!

IMO, we address these items, we go to the NBA Finals.

I'm giving you a TP just in case you're Larry in real life lol.

« Reply #1162 on: September 15, 2020, 10:28:46 PM »

Online Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273
Jayson Tatum made a shot with 7:29 to go in the game. From then on...

Turnover
Miss
Miss
Hits free throw on dead ball foul drawn by smart
Miss
Hits two free throws
Miss
Miss
Fouls jimmy on and-1
Miss (last second miracle attempt)

Exaxctly...blame kemba or whoever else bit jayson lost this game despite his good first half...period

Yeah definitely could've used more offensive diversity

That’s where I think Gordon will help us a lot when he returns. He creates a lot of good looks for people so we don’t have to rely on iso to score

But which Hayward are we gonna get?

I'll believe it when I see it with Hayward. We've been talking about 'when we get Hayward back' for the last 3 years. I would love nothing more than for him to come back and save the series, but we are lacking in grit and determination - and those aren't exactly Hayward's strong suits.

That might be a bit unfair on Hayward Jamb...I would say coming back after a career threatening injury where most people would struggle to walk again let alone compete at an elite level shows plenty of grit and determination.

That said, it’s understandable to think he will be rusty and we shouldn’t be looking at him as the messiah to save us. We have enough players to be able to do that without relying on him to change everything.

the bitterness towards hayward is amazing. questioning his “grit and determination” when the guy battled back from a nasty ankle dislocation, fractured tibia, and torn ligaments is...let’s say...curious.

no one is calling him the messiah but he’s an integral part of this young team, who brings unselfish leadership and an impact on the offense that’s greater than his stat line.

if any single player deserves ire, it’s kemba, who hasn’t just disappeared during the playoffs (not due to injury) but he’s become a liability on both ends of the floor.

Lol - I pretty clearly meant as a player on the floor, not in rehab. Hayward is a very skilled player who makes the right plays, but he is hardly Marcus Smart out there. I would love to have him out there, but this game came down to who wanted it more and it certainly wasn't the Cs.

And, yeah, Kemba has essentially become what IT currently is. It's great that he decided to wake up in the 4th on offense, but his defense has been awful.

fair response.

and if the “grit and determination” standard is marcus, it’s a very short list.  :)

« Reply #1163 on: September 15, 2020, 10:29:16 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Yep, super Hayward is gonna come save the celtics!
Please, hes been out of the loops for a series and a half and as likely to ruin any rhythm we have as he is to save us...sorry

Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree.  When Hayward gets back, he's likely to be at about 70% health on a minutes limit and with no rhythm on either side of the floor. 

I really like Hayward's game when he's healthy, but it's really difficult to jump into a playoff series right off of an injury.

Still much better than Semi and Wanamaker off the bench.

Should be, but ill doubt he will have any more impact than wanamaker after 4 weeks off stepping into the conference finals...sorry

« Reply #1164 on: September 15, 2020, 10:34:37 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
My worry meter is a 3/10.

Smart started off like Jimmy Chitwood, then took 2-3 too many heat checks.

Tatum was effective early, but when the offense struggles, he has a bad habit of forcing horrible shots.

Jaylen was quiet tonight.  Do not like.

By all accounts, Kemba is a great person and locker room presence - I'm glad to have him - but man, he needs to figure out this slump quickly.  It may be that he is a more supportive 2nd or 3rd option at this stage in the season, but decisions need to be made quickly about how he's used in crunch time, like Tatum.

I doubt Dragic repeats that performance w/ our perimeter defense, and Butler wasn't dominant by any means.  Props to Bam for a rare block at the end, but no way the game should've been that close after blowing 2 ten+ point leads.

But I genuinely felt more confident with the ball in the hands of Wanamaker than Kemba at times tonight - that needs to be fixed asap.  Completely ridiculous.

I'll stick with Celts in a long series, but with much more concern, especially since they're the more seasoned and deeper group.  This was a tough pill to swallow.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1165 on: September 15, 2020, 10:35:55 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Four things the Cs need to address in order to win this series (IMO):

1.  Stop with the dribble, dribble, dribble to 5 seconds and then go ISO.  Move the ball or drive and kick.
2.  We need to stop collapsing on every drive to the paint and leave the 3 point line open.  Give up the 2.  Butler isn't even looking for his shot and we are doubling him.
3.  Communicate on defense.  There were numerous times where we had 2 guys guarding one guy and leaving one guy wide open.  TALK!!!!
4.  On defense, we need to make some effort to get through these picks especially with Kemba.  We switch way to easily which leads to Kemba guarding Butler and then our defense gets out of whack trying to double him.  The Heat players and Raptor players for that matter made a concerted effort to get through this picks to avoid mismatches.  We need to do the same!!

IMO, we address these items, we go to the NBA Finals.

I agree, this was killing us. We gave up a lot of open 3s to Crowder and Dragic and Herro.

As to your first point, this is what Hayward is good at, driving and kicking after drawing 2.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1166 on: September 15, 2020, 10:39:34 PM »

Offline KrazyLegs

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 15

That is brutal
Yeah, I was starting to come around on Tatum being a truly elite player...but then he continues to fold in these end-of-game situations.

« Reply #1167 on: September 15, 2020, 10:39:59 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Tatum was effective early, but when the offense struggles, he has a bad habit of forcing horrible shots.

By all accounts, Kemba is a great person and locker room presence - I'm glad to have him - but man, he needs to figure out this slump quickly.  It may be that he is a more supportive 2nd or 3rd option at this stage in the season, but decisions need to be made quickly about how he's used in crunch time, like Tatum.

I doubt Dragic repeats that performance w/ our perimeter defense, and Butler wasn't dominant by any means.  Props to Bam for a rare block at the end, but no way the game should've been that close after blowing 2 ten+ point leads.

But I genuinely felt more confident with the ball in the hands of Wanamaker than Kemba at times tonight - that needs to be fixed asap.  Completely ridiculous.

I'll stick with Celts in 6-7, but with much more concern, especially since they're the more seasoned and deeper group.  This was a tough pill to swallow.

Danny really stocked up on guys that are unplayable. Edwards, Waters, Langford, Kanter and Semi, Williams and Williams only played 10 minutes each. It's going to be a long series and no rest in sight.

« Reply #1168 on: September 15, 2020, 10:42:51 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

I'll stick with Celts in a long series, but with much more concern, especially since they're the more seasoned and deeper group.  This was a tough pill to swallow.

It's tough to swallow because it was a winnable game that we were in control of until halfway through the fourth then we basically went away from what had been working. Would have been easier to take if it was a blowout and never had a chance, but being in the game till a great Buckets drive and an Adebayo block in OT, the long term outlook is better than if we had been blown out.

Oh well nobody said the road to Everest was easy  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1169 on: September 15, 2020, 10:48:04 PM »

Offline KrazyLegs

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 15
Things could be worse...we could be the Clippers.

They're busy choking away yet another double-digit lead.