Author Topic: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 9/14/20  (Read 54298 times)

Re: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 9/14/20
« Reply #1125 on: September 15, 2020, 09:57:40 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Gotta tip your hat to Miami. Not only are they good, but they are relentless and clutch. Not sure how we are going to win this series. They look legit.

Yep...ill be stunned at this point if thee celtics win this series...heat better

Lol we're down a 17 ppg starter, controlled almost the entire game, had a terrible whistle in the 4th and OT, and it still took them a heroic three point play and terrific block to beat us in OT, yet you think the Heat are better and you'll be stunned if the Celtics win at this point in the series after losing Game 1?

I guess I just see it a bit differently. We had a hot start to the game and went on fire for the last two minutes of the 3rd. The rest of the game was a struggle. Even Doris mentioned how every shot we were taking was difficult. I understand that we 'should have' won the game, but MIA is super-clutch, very well coached, and they don't give up on anything. Their 3 point shooters are for real, too, which was my biggest concern going into the series. Freaking Tyler Herro basically put up a triple double on us!

« Reply #1126 on: September 15, 2020, 09:57:54 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Gotta tip your hat to Miami. Not only are they good, but they are relentless and clutch. Not sure how we are going to win this series. They look legit.

Yep...ill be stunned at this point if thee celtics win this series...heat better

Lol we're down a 17 ppg starter, controlled almost the entire game, had a terrible whistle in the 4th and OT, and it still took them a heroic three point play and terrific block to beat us in OT, yet you think the Heat are better and you'll be stunned if the Celtics win at this point in the series after losing Game 1?

Yeah...we lost a game that never shouldve been lost putting us in a hole against a more talented team who didnt even play well in game 1?

"a more talented team"? lol In what world are they a more talented team? It's not even a competition. Miami's MO is not based on talent, but rather gritty, hard work.

Stop underselling us and overestimating Miami. We are the much more talented and complete team, even if they won tonight.

Arent you like king of panic and negativity? Color me surprised with your optimism....yeah jimmy and bam 2 best players in the series and they have a deeper team...sorry

« Reply #1127 on: September 15, 2020, 09:58:19 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
They made winning plays. The Cs didn't. This goes back to the Raptors series where we had trouble closing.

I think they'll bounce back, but it definitely doesn't feel good losing when you play like crap. I haven't seen a Celtics game with that many defensive mental lapses in a long time. It was pretty bad.

« Reply #1128 on: September 15, 2020, 09:58:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Tie game, 22 seconds, 1 timeout and we run a hot garbage, run the clock down, iso, 25 ft 3 pointer????

If the players (Tatum in this case) cant realize this is a bad shot then the coach needs to step in.  Run a play, move the defense, put your team in a position to win and get a better shot!!!

Exactly. Why do we need a 3 at that point. Drive in closer. Pump fake. And take a higher percentage shot

« Reply #1129 on: September 15, 2020, 09:58:25 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1130 on: September 15, 2020, 09:59:26 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Dragic and Crowder kept the Heat in the game, and Herro and Butler helped them close it. Adebayo is good, but I'm not really impressed with him or worried about him. We need to do a much better job on Dragic and Crowder. Butler is going to get his, but Adebayo is a non scorer and if we keep Dragic and Crowder in check this Heat team has trouble scoring.

« Reply #1131 on: September 15, 2020, 10:00:04 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
https://twitter.com/byjayking/status/1306043307387162624?s=21

Good observation brad.  Did you wanna do something about that or were you a spectator  today?

I’m guessing some guys are going to get an earful if they haven’t already...he didn’t sound at all happy at his press conference, very short one sentence answers

Um, do you really expect Boy Scout Brad to give any of our guys "an earful"? lol

I have a feeling the way he conducts himself in public is different to how he talks behind closed doors. It’s the quiet ones you have to watch out for  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1132 on: September 15, 2020, 10:00:55 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
the one positive I'm taking away from this is that Crowder is very unlikely to have another shooting night like tonight for the rest of the series.  if he shoots at his usual level, C's win comfortably.  Of course, C's aren't likely to get another shooting performance like tonight from Smart in his series either.

« Reply #1133 on: September 15, 2020, 10:02:14 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

Yeah...we lost a game that never shouldve been lost putting us in a hole against a more talented team who didnt even play well in game 1?

"a more talented team"? lol In what world are they a more talented team? It's not even a competition. Miami's MO is not based on talent, but rather gritty, hard work.

Stop underselling us and overestimating Miami. We are the much more talented and complete team, even if they won tonight.

Arent you like king of panic and negativity? Color me surprised with your optimism....yeah jimmy and bam 2 best players in the series and they have a deeper team...sorry

To think Bam is even in the same class as Tatum is laughable. Tatum is pretty clearly better than Butler at this point, too.

« Reply #1134 on: September 15, 2020, 10:02:15 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Dragic and Crowder kept the Heat in the game, and Herro and Butler helped them close it. Adebayo is good, but I'm not really impressed with him or worried about him. We need to do a much better job on Dragic and Crowder. Butler is going to get his, but Adebayo is a non scorer and if we keep Dragic and Crowder in check this Heat team has trouble scoring.

Not worried about the strongest player in the series who had the game winning, series changing block? Lol i mightve agreed but that block showed me something

« Reply #1135 on: September 15, 2020, 10:03:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
More from the Stevens presser

https://twitter.com/briantrobb/status/1306043696245284868?s=21

The Celts will play a better game 2

I have faith in the team and CBS. The 1st quarter team passing and defense was perfect.

Celts need to pass the ball like that all game long.  They are capable. Tire out the heat defenders

« Reply #1136 on: September 15, 2020, 10:04:18 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
the one positive I'm taking away from this is that Crowder is very unlikely to have another shooting night like tonight for the rest of the series.  if he shoots at his usual level, C's win comfortably.  Of course, C's aren't likely to get another shooting performance like tonight from Smart in his series either.

I mean, I saw a stat that this was actually the 4th game he's had 5+ threes this playoffs.

« Reply #1137 on: September 15, 2020, 10:04:57 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Not worried about the strongest player in the series who had the game winning, series changing block? Lol i mightve agreed but that block showed me something

Not taking anything away from his block, it was fantastic, but he's a very limited player. He is not our main problem. Take care of Dragic and Crowder's scoring and the Heat lose by double digits, Bam or no Bam.

« Reply #1138 on: September 15, 2020, 10:05:42 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273
Jayson Tatum made a shot with 7:29 to go in the game. From then on...

Turnover
Miss
Miss
Hits free throw on dead ball foul drawn by smart
Miss
Hits two free throws
Miss
Miss
Fouls jimmy on and-1
Miss (last second miracle attempt)

Exaxctly...blame kemba or whoever else bit jayson lost this game despite his good first half...period

Yeah definitely could've used more offensive diversity

That’s where I think Gordon will help us a lot when he returns. He creates a lot of good looks for people so we don’t have to rely on iso to score

But which Hayward are we gonna get?

I'll believe it when I see it with Hayward. We've been talking about 'when we get Hayward back' for the last 3 years. I would love nothing more than for him to come back and save the series, but we are lacking in grit and determination - and those aren't exactly Hayward's strong suits.

That might be a bit unfair on Hayward Jamb...I would say coming back after a career threatening injury where most people would struggle to walk again let alone compete at an elite level shows plenty of grit and determination.

That said, it’s understandable to think he will be rusty and we shouldn’t be looking at him as the messiah to save us. We have enough players to be able to do that without relying on him to change everything.

the bitterness towards hayward is amazing. questioning his “grit and determination” when the guy battled back from a nasty ankle dislocation, fractured tibia, and torn ligaments is...let’s say...curious.

no one is calling him the messiah but he’s an integral part of this young team, who brings unselfish leadership and an impact on the offense that’s greater than his stat line.

if any single player deserves ire, it’s kemba, who hasn’t just disappeared during the playoffs (not due to injury) but he’s become a liability on both ends of the floor.

« Reply #1139 on: September 15, 2020, 10:05:45 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Brad said poor transition defense was a killer esp the herro 3 but also I’m the back half of the 4th quarter and OT

Also was asked if players were spending too much time hunting mismatches with switches and going iso and he had a curt response “I’ll look into it and get back to you.”

You'll look into it and get back to them? Didn't he just stand there folding his arms walking up and down the sideline or had hands in his pockets for most of the time today?

Lol Stevens.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)