Author Topic: Just Want To Say I Really Appreciate This Community & Everyone In It  (Read 6870 times)

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
This season had a dark cloud from the beginning. Next year will be better.

I echo Phantom. It’s good sharing the good times and the bad with a community of like-minded fans.
Yeah, it's felt wrong the whole way through. Looking forward to the off-season so I can get swept up in the draft mania and free agency, and then onto the NFL! Can also just watch the AFL, where the team I barrack for is killing it ;D

TP Phantom. Despite any arguments I get into it is a very fun place to be

I agree. Terribly frustrating season that is ending true to script. Can’t recall hopes being so high and then struck down by a team that couldn’t become a team. Key injuries and good effort would have at least made the journey understandable, but this pretty healthy, very talented team just plain underperformed. 

TP for the thread and thanks to the mods and all the posters that make this blog so great.  Looking forward to an interesting off-season.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
This season had a dark cloud from the beginning. Next year will be better.

I echo Phantom. It’s good sharing the good times and the bad with a community of like-minded fans.
Yeah, it's felt wrong the whole way through. Looking forward to the off-season so I can get swept up in the draft mania and free agency, and then onto the NFL! Can also just watch the AFL, where the team I barrack for is killing it ;D

TP Phantom. Despite any arguments I get into it is a very fun place to be

I agree. Terribly frustrating season that is ending true to script. Can’t recall hopes being so high and then struck down by a team that couldn’t become a team. Key injuries and good effort would have at least made the journey understandable, but this pretty healthy, very talented team just plain underperformed. 

TP for the thread and thanks to the mods and all the posters that make this blog so great.  Looking forward to an interesting off-season.

Yeah I never imagined this team would just fold and look so flat. Figured this would be a thrilling 6-7 game series even if we lost it but looks like it will end soon in 5.

To be honest even those teams with Isaiah-Crowder-Bradley, etc. were more enjoyable to watch than what this season has been.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Dont give up yet guys,

Remember a caged animal is the most dangerous.

And remember, Kyrie as been down 3 games to 1 before....and against a 73 win team.

Yeah but to be fair that team had Lebron and most of their team was giving it their all (playing with heart) those final 3 games. Just haven't seen any of that from the C's though.

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
let me join the chorus of appreciation. thank you all for being good fans who can intelligently and enjoyably discuss our beloved celtics.

and yes, the grit and fighting spirit shown by the celtics in game one of this series has evaporated. i don't know what happened, but the team has been soft. that is the biggest disappointment to me.

but....maybe with smart back they can recover their fiesty play. we can always hope.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Y'all are the closest thing to a Celtics fandom support group.

I'd be certifiably crazy living here in CA if I didn't have a way to get my "talk Celtics" fix. This is a really nice outlet and I appreciate all of you that make it possible.  So good to have an active engaged community here.

Sentiments echoed.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Y'all are the closest thing to a Celtics fandom support group.

I'd be certifiably crazy living here in CA if I didn't have a way to get my "talk Celtics" fix. This is a really nice outlet and I appreciate all of you that make it possible.  So good to have an active engaged community here.

Sentiments echoed.

Yep. This, Celticsblog & Celtics Reddit. Glad I found these communities/outlets along the way  ;D

let me join the chorus of appreciation. thank you all for being good fans who can intelligently and enjoyably discuss our beloved celtics.

and yes, the grit and fighting spirit shown by the celtics in game one of this series has evaporated. i don't know what happened, but the team has been soft. that is the biggest disappointment to me.

but....maybe with smart back they can recover their fiesty play. we can always hope.

I feel this team has pretty much quit.

Havlicek passed away recently, Ainge suffered a recent health scare and Smart beat the odds to come back in about a month. If those things aren't enough to inspire this team to rise to the occasion, at home, then I don't know what to say. No fun and excitement anywhere to be found the last 3 games on the court.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Yes I would agree with phantom and that I have actually developed a bit more personal relationship with people off this forum and even talk to a few people off of it in real life. It is also the only forum I really participate or post anymore. So thank you to everyone for that.

The only thing I would humbly ask to members of the community now, is to keep in mind how disappointing this season has been for everyone. I can't speak for others, but this series going to crap probably bothered me even more then the abrupt end to our magical season last year because it felt like that was all house money. if people could hold of on the "i told you so" or "i was right all year" type posts for a few days it might make it a little more bearable for some of us. I've hardly looked at the forum today myself as is....

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
tp phantom

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Going to bump this up. Season over, and maybe for the better.

But I'm glad we got through this season and dealt with it together here. Made it so much easier for sure  :)

Guess you can call this my "season recap/farewell" post of sorts. Unfortunately this season was just so frustrating it's hard to think of too many exciting moments, plus the last four games of this series were dreadful.

Anyways, now a long and busy summer awaits I imagine.

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Yes I would agree with phantom and that I have actually developed a bit more personal relationship with people off this forum and even talk to a few people off of it in real life. It is also the only forum I really participate or post anymore. So thank you to everyone for that.

The only thing I would humbly ask to members of the community now, is to keep in mind how disappointing this season has been for everyone. I can't speak for others, but this series going to crap probably bothered me even more then the abrupt end to our magical season last year because it felt like that was all house money. if people could hold of on the "i told you so" or "i was right all year" type posts for a few days it might make it a little more bearable for some of us. I've hardly looked at the forum today myself as is....

Yep, agreed. TP!

Online byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Cheers everyone.

A painful end to the season - but that's one of only two ways it ever really happens. Should be an interesting summer and a fun next year.

And now for the offseason whatif threads =).