Author Topic: Popularity of Celtics Blog Forum?  (Read 15015 times)

Re: Popularity of Celtics Blog Forum?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 06:14:00 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Can't speak for anyone else but I got a temporary pounding with the ban hammer, which was not exactly undeserved.

If you let the inmates run the asylum, places like this inevitably degenerate and fade away.

Mike

Lol. Good one.

I was pretty surprised by that infamous Saturday afternoon.

Here's to procreating in order to share the story, though.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 06:17:26 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I have a very boring job

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2015, 06:17:46 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I wasn't going to make any further posts here, but I'll break that vow just this once to   opine that I wouldn't be surprised if this forum never regains its vigor.

Nah, it will be as vigorous as ever.

I agree -- it will.  This forum has always been well-moderated -- which by definition means that sometimes they'll lean heavy (that's how moderating/balancing works).  I have great respect for how the moderators have operated through the years -- doesn't mean I always agree, but definitely always appreciate the effort they put into make this blog consistently a great source of information and entertainment. 

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 06:34:05 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Haha I liked that Embiid thread.

On a different note, I thought this thread was going to elaborate on the most popular team blogs in the NBA. If have to imagine CB is at or near the top. Are there any sort of recent rankings in this?

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2015, 06:37:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Haha I liked that Embiid thread.

On a different note, I thought this thread was going to elaborate on the most popular team blogs in the NBA. If have to imagine CB is at or near the top. Are there any sort of recent rankings in this?

It's pretty hard to find a comparable fan community, at least when it comes to the NBA.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 06:40:32 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Don't worry guys, I'm still here.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 06:43:01 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I wasn't going to make any further posts here, but I'll break that vow just this once to   opine that I wouldn't be surprised if this forum never regains its vigor.

The vigor it had in 2014?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 07:01:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Don't worry guys, I'm still here.

and thank the heavens for that.

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2015, 07:06:48 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
There has been a bit of negativity on here lately regarding our players, mostly the draft and FA additions. Seemed to loosen up a bit after the start of summer league. The current James Young hate discourages me from posting from time to time.

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2015, 07:17:04 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
There has been a bit of negativity on here lately regarding our players, mostly the draft and FA additions. Seemed to loosen up a bit after the start of summer league. The current James Young hate discourages me from posting from time to time.

Ah no worries. You should see how Celtics fans treated Hank Finkle.  After Russell retired.
James Young is not good enough yet to foster real negativity.  Lol.

And those other jabronies got traded to another blog by Roy Hobbes and Danny Ainge for 2nd Round Draft Picks....
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2015, 07:17:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
It is a tough part of the season and we didn't land any sexy names in the draft or free agents. So we were probably dreaming of the chances of Love or Alrdige or someone else so it was easy to be disappointed. I am starting to get excited again myself personally! I feel like the Deandre jordan move and Williams move were big positives for the celtics.

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2015, 07:50:24 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
It is a tough part of the season and we didn't land any sexy names in the draft or free agents. So we were probably dreaming of the chances of Love or Alrdige or someone else so it was easy to be disappointed. I am starting to get excited again myself personally! I feel like the Deandre jordan move and Williams move were big positives for the celtics.

To paraphrase Red as paraphrased by Danny: "Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make...or the ones that other dumb GMs make."

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2015, 07:55:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

To paraphrase Red as paraphrased by Danny: "Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make...or the ones that other dumb GMs make."

I don't disagree

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2015, 08:08:55 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
If it is true that they got suspended, thank you mods. They were becoming just a bit condescending and stubborn as of late.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2015, 08:28:01 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
start a new thread about Joel Embiid, that will bring them all back in a hurry.