Author Topic: Going to be in Boston the 22nd  (Read 3451 times)

Going to be in Boston the 22nd
« on: March 09, 2010, 04:56:42 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Not around these boards much, but thought I'd post this for any of the old folk that remember me...

I'm flying into Boston on the 22nd for business, don't land til about 10pm and will be cabbing to my hotel which is just East of Boston Common, West of the Financial District.  Probably won't be there until 10:30-11, but I see the Celtics are out West and will be playing til about 11:30pm Boston time.  I'll be on California time so doubt I'll be ready for bed right away and was wondering if there was a place to grab a beer and watch the last 30-60 minutes of the game.  Unfortunately it's a quick turnaround, flying back to Cali the next day at 6pm, so that night is the only brief time I'll have to "visit" the city, save for breakfast the next morning.

Anyone live around those parts?  Franklin & Federal or so.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

Re: Going to be in Boston the 22nd
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 05:03:23 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Big Ticket....chances are I've seen you, but I don't remember.

I wish I could help, but I live in this state called Connecticut. Maybe you've heard it. Point is, it's not Mass, and I think Boston's in Mass.  :D

Anyways, good to see you still visit this site. I can't wait to graduate from college and possibly fly into cities for "business" too (accounting major here).  ::)

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 05:32:06 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Big Ticket....chances are I've seen you, but I don't remember.

I wish I could help, but I live in this state called Connecticut. Maybe you've heard it. Point is, it's not Mass, and I think Boston's in Mass.  :D

Anyways, good to see you still visit this site. I can't wait to graduate from college and possibly fly into cities for "business" too (accounting major here).  ::)

Thanks... and yes, I've heard of Connecticut!

This is my first real trip and I'm sure NOT excited... 12 hours on a plane for a 4-5 hour meeting and no time to really take in the sights of the city.  Meeting might as well be down there street in my own city.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 06:04:55 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Not around these boards much, but thought I'd post this for any of the old folk that remember me...

I'm flying into Boston on the 22nd for business, don't land til about 10pm and will be cabbing to my hotel which is just East of Boston Common, West of the Financial District.  Probably won't be there until 10:30-11, but I see the Celtics are out West and will be playing til about 11:30pm Boston time.  I'll be on California time so doubt I'll be ready for bed right away and was wondering if there was a place to grab a beer and watch the last 30-60 minutes of the game.  Unfortunately it's a quick turnaround, flying back to Cali the next day at 6pm, so that night is the only brief time I'll have to "visit" the city, save for breakfast the next morning.

Funny, I'll be flying into Beantown the following day, direct flight from Portland. Too bad I'll miss you, BT.

Was never all that familiar with the part of the city you'll be in, so I can't make many recommendations. I tended to spend most of my time on the Cambridge-Somerville side of the river.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 06:08:26 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I like Elephant and Castle personally pre home games in that area (shh don't tell anyone, it's relatively uncrowded), but being a British pub, I'm not sure they have a Celtics feed...
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 06:08:40 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820

Since you'll be tight for time, I'm sure your Hotel's bar, or someplace nearby where you're staying should have the game. Else, you'd waste quite a bit of time getting anywhere to actually enjoy the show, if that's your goal.

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 08:19:59 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
As long as the Red Sox aren't playing somewhere in the world, just about any bar these days will have a TV with a game on. So just head to the nearest one and the Celtics will likely be on. If they're not, politely ask  :)