Author Topic: NFL Black Monday (i.e. coach firing day)  (Read 10056 times)

Re: NFL Black Monday (i.e. coach firing day)
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2019, 06:35:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Moranis and others? TPs for the optimism.

For me? Excuse the analogy but there is only so much whip cream you can put on poop....

You can cover it up and that whip cream can mask the APPEARANCE but once you take a bite, well.........................

Heck....you get CLOSE enough to it - like I and many other Washington Fans have over the years - and you can SMELL it - no matter HOW MUCH whip cream you place on it.

To the outside observers? "Oh they're not as bad as you say........"

But to the Die Hards? Well...........
TP for understanding the frustration of being a Skins fan like myself that some others just don't seem to get.  Let other fans complain about their franchise's incompetence if they so choose (if there are any here).  We're not stopping them nor comparing the Skins' futility to theirs -- just stating that the state of our beloved franchise sucks right now and has for a couple of decades.
Unfortunately, the Skins futility kinda started when Snyder bought the team. Crap rolls downhill and that is why the Skins have been so bad for so long. Somehow, Washington fans have to pray that Snyder goes nuts and does or says something that makes the NFL force Snyder to sell the team, ala Donald Sterling, because, unfortunately Snyder is the NFL equivalent to Donald Sterling.

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2019, 06:58:57 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

For me? Excuse the analogy but there is only so much whip cream you can put on poop....

You can cover it up and that whip cream can mask the APPEARANCE but once you take a bite, well.........................

Heck....you get CLOSE enough to it - like I and many other Washington Fans have over the years - and you can SMELL it - no matter HOW MUCH whip cream you place on it.

TP for understanding the frustration of being a Skins fan like myself that some others just don't seem to get.  Let other fans complain about their franchise's incompetence if they so choose (if there are any here).  We're not stopping them nor comparing the Skins' futility to theirs -- just stating that the state of our beloved franchise sucks right now and has for a couple of decades.
Unfortunately, the Skins futility kinda started when Snyder bought the team. Crap rolls downhill and that is why the Skins have been so bad for so long. Somehow, Washington fans have to pray that Snyder goes nuts and does or says something that makes the NFL force Snyder to sell the team, ala Donald Sterling, because, unfortunately Snyder is the NFL equivalent to Donald Sterling.

The skins best shot is if the NFL ever forces the Redskins to change their name.  There’s a chance he’ll want to sell the team bc they’ll no longer be the team he rooted for as a kid, I would think the value of the franchise would take a significant hit as well if this happened.

Very doubtful any of this would ever happen
Greg

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2019, 07:20:12 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Has Kitchens been fired yet? What a joke.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2019, 08:02:04 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Kitchens fired according to both Mort and Shefty
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2019, 08:06:28 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
I said they would, someone had to take the fall after not reaching the playoffs..Good luck to the next coach trying to get along with Baker Mayfield & OBJ
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2019, 08:59:25 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

The skins best shot is if the NFL ever forces the Redskins to change their name.  There’s a chance he’ll want to sell the team bc they’ll no longer be the team he rooted for as a kid, I would think the value of the franchise would take a significant hit as well if this happened.

Very doubtful any of this would ever happen

You are correct....I, too - doubt that a name change would happen....especially now.

Is time for such a thing to happen? Sure.

Has this issue ALREADY been brought up? Sure has - a few years ago during The Obama Administration. I remember vividly the push for it to happen.

The whole name change issue became COMPLICATED, to say the least...there WERE some Native American groups that did NOT want the name changed, IIRC....of course some - did.

From what IRC, fans were split with the issue. Mr. Snyder even visited some Native American groups to hear their POV face to face.

I think the end solution - at that time - was for the organization to donate resources to help some Native American tribes and the issue went away.

I also remember when we actually changed our uniforms...the "Redskin" went away. I think this was either in the late 90s or early 2000s - during the Spurier years.

I thought those unis were cool...the yellow went to dark gold...the burgundy became very dark.

That whole process lasted I think a season or two....then it went back to what it is now.

But the losing continued.......to this day.

BOTH of these Politically-Correct attempts just showed - to ME at least - how complicated things are with Race and Ethnicity issues. For ME I'd certainly be welcome to ANOTHER name change attempt.

I'd ALSO be welcome to some winning.

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2019, 10:07:18 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Giants are officially open.

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2019, 10:14:17 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Browns want to talk to McDaniels.  Makes sense, given the tools there on offense.

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2019, 10:19:16 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Browns want to talk to McDaniels.  Makes sense, given the tools there on offense.
Browns nearly hired him when they hired Hue Jackson.  They almost hired Stefanski last year, so I would expect him to get an interview.  McCarthy and Meyer probably get interviews as well.  I'm not sure they go outside those 4. 

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2019, 05:41:59 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
So it's official now I guess.

Bruce Allen is out and Rivera is in.

Sad to see Bruce go but things weren't happening....time to go in another direction. Hopefully Rivera is the start of that.

No looking back....the past IS the past.

No need to clean the roster...there are MANY fine players still there..young AND old. Keep MOST - if not ALL of them.

Build on what we have NOW.

Try to repair broken relationships (Trent Williams).

Get the FANS back.

No one is asking for a 16-0 record and a Championship next year. But when you COMPETE good things happen most of the time.

Things won't happen over night but take it ONE GAME at a time.

The Washington Redskins are NOT dead - just in a LONG hibernation.

Time to WAKE UP.

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2019, 08:11:44 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

I thought McDaniels supposedly ruined any chance of getting another HC job after backing out of the Colts job two years ago.

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2019, 08:23:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I thought McDaniels supposedly ruined any chance of getting another HC job after backing out of the Colts job two years ago.
Nope. He will definitely be a head coach again.

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2019, 10:11:11 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Sad to see Bruce go but things weren't happening....time to go in another direction. Hopefully Rivera is the start of that.

No need to clean the roster...there are MANY fine players still there..young AND old. Keep MOST - if not ALL of them.

Get the FANS back.

No one is asking for a 16-0 record and a Championship next year. But when you COMPETE good things happen most of the time.

Time to WAKE UP
TP for keeping the faith my brother in (Skins) arms!

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2019, 10:17:52 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Pretty sure they'll fire him at season's end. I mean, that's what the Browns are only good at after all.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2019, 10:40:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Get the FANS back.

Time to WAKE UP.
Not sure if you have ESPN+ GF, but there is a major leading story about the Skins and their recent dysfunctionality on it.