Author Topic: Vincent Poirier to Celts(merged threads)  (Read 35849 times)

Re: Vincent Poirier to Celts(merged threads)
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2019, 09:37:23 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Kanter is OK as a starter because Hayward will be coming off the bench.

It makes much more sense to place a couple high high energy defensive wing players into a lineup that features both Kemba and Kanter. And it makes too much sense having a vet who can do a bit of everything well running with a bench team that is young/inexperienced.

Kemba/Edwards
Smart/Langford
Brown/Hayward
Tatum/Williams
Kanter/Porier or Rob
No chance Hayward comes off the bench assuming he is healthy. I think they start the season with Kemba/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Kanter and see where it goes. My hope is that Timelord makes massive strides. Ideally he’d be the best fit in a vacuum but that’s a lot to expect out of him for a year 1 to 2 jump. Ultimately, I think they’ll package a couple of players for a decent big during the course of the season.

« Reply #181 on: July 05, 2019, 10:58:24 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I already love this guy...

« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2019, 12:04:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

It makes much more sense to place a couple high high energy defensive wing players into a lineup that features both Kemba and Kanter. And it makes too much sense having a vet who can do a bit of everything well running with a bench team that is young/inexperienced.

Kemba/Edwards
Smart/Langford
Brown/Hayward
Tatum/Williams
Kanter/Porier or Rob
No chance Hayward comes off the bench assuming he is healthy. I think they start the season with Kemba/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Kanter and see where it goes. My hope is that Timelord makes massive strides. Ideally he’d be the best fit in a vacuum but that’s a lot to expect out of him for a year 1 to 2 jump. Ultimately, I think they’ll package a couple of players for a decent big during the course of the season.

Silky is a Hayward troll, just ignore him when he does that.

« Reply #183 on: July 05, 2019, 12:06:58 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
yeah, every video shows the same thing...dunks. is that all he does on offense?

how is his passing? his defense? we shall see in summer league.

Who needs any of that when he can just Capela/Whiteside it  ;D
I see alot of double-standards on this blog. People doubt Poirier's offensive limitations are the same one who are pushing for Danny to get Adams and Capela, both whom are offensively limited players.

Apples and oranges.  Capela would have required us to trade someone like Smart, at a minimum. Adams would have eaten up a lot of cap space. Once we signed Kemba, neither was a reasonable target. Poirier is on a league minimum deal. Adams and Capela make over $20 mm a year for 2 plus years more.

« Reply #184 on: July 05, 2019, 12:08:17 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

Kemba/Edwards
Smart/Langford
Brown/Hayward
Tatum/Williams
Kanter/Porier or Rob

Why?

It makes more sense for him to for the reasons I outlined. And I will add another. 1 less mouth to feed with the starters.

What have you got that goes against that asside from an absolute assumption based on nothing but perhaps name and salary?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 12:15:19 PM by Silky »

« Reply #185 on: July 05, 2019, 12:12:45 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Kemba/Edwards
Smart/Langford
Brown/Hayward
Tatum/Williams
Kanter/Porier or Rob

Why name call?

Instead debate against my points with opposing ones or just ignore.

I mean its hard to argue against my points, of which i believe can maximize haywards impact, with the opposite when the opposite has no leg to stand on.

« Reply #186 on: July 06, 2019, 10:43:27 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Kemba/Edwards
Smart/Langford
Brown/Hayward
Tatum/Williams
Kanter/Porier or Rob

Why name call?

I mean its hard to argue against my points, of which i believe can maximize haywards impact, with the opposite when the opposite has no leg to stand on.
I don't know how you can invite debate with a straight face and then follow it up with this.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #187 on: July 06, 2019, 11:13:08 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52

Kemba/Edwards
Smart/Langford
Brown/Hayward
Tatum/Williams
Kanter/Porier or Rob

Why name call?

Hayward, if 100 percent, is IMHO arguably the best player on the team and certainly one of the top two. I wouldn't blame those who put Kemba as number one, but Gordon at his best was a special player. The only question will be if he is at or close to 100 percent. If he is close to his best, then he starts no question. If he's less than that, then he could certainly come off the bench. But if he is scoring 20 plus ppg on efficient shooting, passing well, and in general doing all the things he can do, it is clearly the best choice to start him. The Celtics won't, I think, have a true second unit where all the starters are on the bench for extended periods, they will simply stagger the rotation so a starter is almost always on the floor. In that situation there is really no advantage to having one of your two best players start on the bench.

« Reply #188 on: July 06, 2019, 11:15:25 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Kemba/Edwards
Smart/Langford
Brown/Hayward
Tatum/Williams
Kanter/Porier or Rob

Why name call?

I don't know how you can invite debate with a straight face and then follow it up with this.

Well I was called a name.

So I feel sarcasm was warranted.

« Reply #189 on: July 06, 2019, 12:08:19 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

Kemba/Edwards
Smart/Langford
Brown/Hayward
Tatum/Williams
Kanter/Porier or Rob

Why name call?

You're right, I should not name call you that. I apologize, Silky. 

I get bothered by your lack of respect for Hayward, but will respond more appropriately next time.  I am hopeful that he will return to all star form this season, and put an end to all this pennies on the dollar trading nonsense. Am sure you feel the same way as a Celtic fan.

Re: Vincent Poirier Euro Big man linked to Celts
« Reply #190 on: July 06, 2019, 09:33:47 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Don't know much about him.  Watched a few highlights.  Looks like a rim runner / lob threat.  Not sure he can play NBA defense.  I assume there's a reason he hasn't come to the NBA yet.

If he did come over I don't think there'd be a guarantee he'd be in line to play more minutes than Timelord or (if he returns) Theis.
He only started playing ball at 17, but I read he’s a product of the same basketball academy as numerous French NBA players. Seems like a very classic late bloomer, so let’s hope we’ve sneakily stumbled onto a legit backup big.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #191 on: July 06, 2019, 09:51:53 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Kemba/Edwards
Smart/Langford
Brown/Hayward
Tatum/Williams
Kanter/Porier or Rob

Why name call?

****, right?

« Reply #192 on: July 06, 2019, 10:15:29 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Kemba/Edwards
Smart/Langford
Brown/Hayward
Tatum/Williams
Kanter/Porier or Rob

Why name call?

tp for the honest and accurate observation.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #193 on: July 07, 2019, 12:50:57 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
I think celtics are going to start the season with a lineup of Kemba/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Kanter....thats your best 5 man lineup.

Last year it didnt work going small in the starting lineup because Hayward clearly wasnt ready. But, if he is fully healthy this year I think you want him starting. You can always sub guys early to get more scoring on the 2nd unit.

Im hoping timelord makes a jump this year. At times he looked lost last year but you can tell he has natural defensive talents. I think danny is hoping one of Poirier/Timelord etc. are pleasant enough surprises that he doesnt have to go get a big. We really just need rebounding and defense.

Danny has done pretty well signing players from Europe so far, so I will trust this. I mean Theis came out of nowhere and has been a solid roleplayer.

« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2019, 06:20:36 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."