Author Topic: Ainge summer of 2019 biggest disappointments but...  (Read 3836 times)

Ainge summer of 2019 biggest disappointments but...
« on: July 21, 2019, 07:20:49 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Ainge plan blew up..suppose to have Davis, Horford, Kyrie but they not here..but i for one is not mad..sure love to have all 3 here but lets look what happen
1. Davis- he said he would not sign a long term here in Boston and wanted to go to LA..dont blame Danny for not trading the house for a 1 year rental..I AGREE
2. Al- wanted 4 year and lots of cash..goood for him but i wouldnt do it either at his age..I AGREE
3-Kyrie- he just didnt fit here at all on and off the court..great player but think we got a better fit with Kemba..I AGREE

So lot of ppl are upset that all 3 are gone but not me at the price we had to give up.
So lets embrace this new team with Kemba, Enes, Tatum, Hayward, Brown & others..should be a fun ride
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Ainge summer of 2019 biggest disappointments but...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 08:19:48 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The power of the human mind is amazing as I've already convinced myself that:

1. We still have Tatum, Smart, and the picks and that is pretty great
2. Kanter will be just about as overall effective as Al and may help provide leadership in different ways
3. There is no loss whatsoever in a Kyrie for Kemba swap

I wanted AD as much as the next guy and I understand that Horford was a vital member of this organization, but I can understand why Danny didn't want to pay him that much into his twilight years. I also get that it was technically a Horford for Kemba swap (with Kyrie leaving for nothing), but for the sake of comparison, it makes much more sense to talk about our changing pgs.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 11:25:42 AM by jambr380 »

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 08:26:30 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
At the end of the day, we should root for the guys on the team not the ones who got away.   Ainge did his best and his plan failed but he recovered as nicely as one could.

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 09:08:10 AM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
I'm just glad we were able to keep the heart and soul of this team in Smart by not sending him out in any deals.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 09:16:01 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
He plugged holes in a sinking ship. Time will tell if he made the right choices. We are all on the ship ride together so crossing fingers and cheering is the right thing to do.

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 09:18:32 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'm just glad we were able to keep the heart and soul of this team in Smart by not sending him out in any deals.

The summer isn’t done yet...

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 09:47:57 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

true ....he did something right any who

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 10:01:59 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

Nailed it. This is not the final team we’re going into the season opener with (apologies for the dangling participle).

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 10:18:16 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I actually think we are going into the system with the team we have.

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2019, 11:03:23 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
At the end of the day, we should root for the guys on the team not the ones who got away.   Ainge did his best and his plan failed but he recovered as nicely as one could.

The plan failed because of Hayward's injury and his slow recovery. That was a killer for the team and the cap space.

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2019, 11:16:11 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I was hurt / bothered by Big Al and Kyrie leaving and not getting AD but I think we've rebounded nicely - all things considered.

And what IS'NT getting enough coverage is THIS

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/anthony-davis-i-have-one-year-here/

Anthony Davis - IF THINGS GO SOUTH IN LA this year - could VERY WELL leave them after this season....LOL. Rich Paul stated that he WILL hit FA next summer.............

They would've mortgaged their future for a 1 year rental.

Sometimes it's best to just stay the course...I'm glad that we did NOT trade that much for him...dude could very well be a Celtic NEXT SEASON - and for FREE.

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2019, 11:25:44 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I was hurt / bothered by Big Al and Kyrie leaving and not getting AD but I think we've rebounded nicely - all things considered.

Anthony Davis - IF THINGS GO SOUTH IN LA this year - could VERY WELL leave them after this season....LOL. Rich Paul stated that he WILL hit FA next summer.............

Sometimes it's best to just stay the course...I'm glad that we did NOT trade that much for him...dude could very well be a Celtic NEXT SEASON - and for FREE.

Not going to hold my breath but you could imagine if this happened??!!!  It would be amazing!! He changes his mind about LA and Boston. One can dream.....

Oh and he fires Rich Paul along the way (lol!!!)

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2019, 11:26:14 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

The plan failed because of Hayward's injury and his slow recovery. That was a killer for the team and the cap space.

No, the plan did not fail because there never is just one plan. 

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2019, 11:33:36 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Not going to hold my breath but you could imagine if this happened??!!!  It would be amazing!! He changes his mind about LA and Boston. One can dream.....

Would we have CAP? Does Hayward have to opt out? Or Do we not extend Brown this year and over pay in a S&T next year for AD?

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2019, 11:36:35 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Would we have CAP? Does Hayward have to opt out? Or Do we not extend Brown this year and over pay in a S&T next year for AD?

Not sure about  all of the above. It was just a scenario that got me excited after it was mentioned by GreenFaith.