Author Topic: Celtics (11-8) at Sixers (4-15) Game #20 12/3/16  (Read 58329 times)

Re: Celtics (11-8) at Sixers (4-15) Game #20 12/3/16
« Reply #480 on: December 03, 2016, 10:11:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
Saric already better than Smart and has a higher ceiling. What pick was he by Philly?

No, he isn't. He's having a hot game, but Smart is far superior on D, and they're both below average on O.

He was #12 overall

I think for this system Saric is a better fit. Call me crazy, but it's true

Another over reaction to a player who has a good game against us but is having a below average season.
This is his first season n the NBA right? You don't see his skills for a player his size?

He's played professionally for years over in Europe... He's not getting any better - this is what you get with him.

He's 22 in his first year in the NBA. He definitely is going to get better. The only question is how much.

Isn't Smart younger and he too will get better?

Yes, I love Smart, and he is already getting better. It doesnt mean Saric is an old stiff though. Saric can play.

« Reply #481 on: December 03, 2016, 10:11:34 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
IT hero

Smart .....steps,in and saves the day.

While being garbage the entire game. I mean who needs 37 points right? Let's just trade talent. It's overrated. We need more grit and role players on this team

And look how inefficient he was. Only 11-17 shooting, and barely averaged over 2 points per shot. Talk about forcing it
I'm bitter.

« Reply #482 on: December 03, 2016, 10:11:41 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I let Bradley go in a NY sec for George or Cousins in a deal.

« Reply #483 on: December 03, 2016, 10:12:45 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
Saric already better than Smart and has a higher ceiling. What pick was he by Philly?

No, he isn't. He's having a hot game, but Smart is far superior on D, and they're both below average on O.

He was #12 overall

Another over reaction to a player who has a good game against us but is having a below average season.
This is his first season n the NBA right? You don't see his skills for a player his size?

He's played professionally for years over in Europe... He's not getting any better - this is what you get with him.

He's 22 in his first year in the NBA. He definitely is going to get better. The only question is how much.

Isn't Smart younger and he too will get better?

What does that have to do with Saric? Jpotter literally said Saric won't improve.

Yeah but JPotter is wrong and he doesnt know what he's talking about when it comes to foreign players. Either that or he has a strong bias.

« Reply #484 on: December 03, 2016, 10:13:43 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Smart .....is not scard doing what's ever it takes to see his team win ......that's the way the game should be played by all the players.

« Reply #485 on: December 03, 2016, 10:14:30 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934

He was #12 overall

What?!?? How does this make sense? So European players don't improve?

No, not when they have that type of background. Look at Mirotic who had a pretty similar context to Saric with his background and age coming into the NBA - he's not getting any better either.

American college players develop for years after coming in because they get older/stronger and they learn the professional game, which is much, much different than college ball. The same can't be said for European players who come here at age 22 and have already been playing professional ball for years.

« Reply #486 on: December 03, 2016, 10:14:57 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

« Reply #487 on: December 03, 2016, 10:16:49 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

Ummm yeah. You're going to have to give up one of him or marcus, a bkn 17 pick, a couple other picks, and probably crowder.

« Reply #488 on: December 03, 2016, 10:16:50 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
Jaylen continues not to impress, but he at least contributed tonight.

« Reply #489 on: December 03, 2016, 10:17:02 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Well for Smarts sake and for the benefit of our team I hope he improves, but if he keeps shooting like this he will be bouncing around the league if Boston doesn't resign him. I think that most of us will agree if you objectively think about this exact case without applying it to Smart it looks very bad. A point guard that can't be the full time ballhandler for a team, can't shoot the ball above 30% from the 3 point line, and is shooting 50% from the freethrow line will not stick around much longer in todays NBA. You guys hate on guys like Vucevic and Monroe and whoever we put up here, but Smart isn't any different. His style of play is being phased out quickly and outside of the Celtics it is tough for me to see a fit for him in the NBA.

« Reply #490 on: December 03, 2016, 10:17:39 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
We'll have a chance to beat the Rockets on Monday...true test of where we are at.
Avery or Marcus on Harden?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #491 on: December 03, 2016, 10:18:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934

He was #12 overall

Since when did playin oversees compare to the NBA? He has what 12 games under his belt in the NBA?
Exactly Smart has had 2 years in the NCAA and 3 years of exposure to the NBA and development staffs to become a better player and has had minimal improvement thus far. Saric is just reaching the NBA and getting the exposure to the pros that Smart has had for awhile now.

Once again, you guys aren't watching the same game that I'm watching if you say that Smart hasn't improved offensively. Shooting and scoring-wise that's very true, but he's dramatically improved his passing, ballhandling, and overall court vision, and it's not even close.

Further, college ball is not the NBA, and older European rookies who have been playing professional ball for years just don't have much room for development. They're already developed and know the game.

« Reply #492 on: December 03, 2016, 10:18:42 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Ummm yeah. You're going to have to give up one of him or marcus, a bkn 17 pick, a couple other picks, and probably crowder.

Sign me up

« Reply #493 on: December 03, 2016, 10:19:33 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76

He was #12 overall

What?!?? How does this make sense? So European players don't improve?

No, not when they have that type of background. Look at Mirotic who had a pretty similar context to Saric with his background and age coming into the NBA - he's not getting any better either.

American college players develop for years after coming in because they get older/stronger and they learn the professional game, which is much, much different than college ball. The same can't be said for European players who come here at age 22 and have already been playing professional ball for years.
Mirotic was picked in the same draft as Lamarcus Aldridge. He came into the league at like 25/26 there is no comparison between the two besides that they are both European and they shoot 3s. Saric is a better playmaker, shooter, and for now a better rebounder. He fits today's NBA a lot better as a playmaking 4. Saric is 22. To say that is ridiculous. Yeah Giannis never improved even though he's been playing basketball since he was like 8 at least. Dirk never improved. Europeans don't improve once they get into the NBA.

« Reply #494 on: December 03, 2016, 10:19:48 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

He was #12 overall

Since when did playin oversees compare to the NBA? He has what 12 games under his belt in the NBA?
Exactly Smart has had 2 years in the NCAA and 3 years of exposure to the NBA and development staffs to become a better player and has had minimal improvement thus far. Saric is just reaching the NBA and getting the exposure to the pros that Smart has had for awhile now.

Once again, you guys aren't watching the same game that I'm watching if you say that Smart hasn't improved offensively. Shooting and scoring-wise that's very true, but he's dramatically improved his passing, ballhandling, and overall court vision, and it's not even close.

Further, college ball is not the NBA, and older European rookies who have been playing professional ball for years just don't have much room for development. They're already developed and know the game.

I agree on all counts.