Author Topic: Al Horford made me look like a fool!  (Read 652 times)

Al Horford made me look like a fool!
« on: Yesterday at 04:52:19 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3207
In that last game against the Cavs I kept calling for Joe to yank Horford all first half and even the beginning of the second and Al made a complete fool of me. I hope he keeps doing it and waves the Championship trophy right in my stupid face!

Re: Al Horford made me look like a fool!
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 05:13:28 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1474
TP for owning it. A lot of people were calling for Joe to yank him this series. This is why he didn’t.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:25:02 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 05:58:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
In that last game against the Cavs I kept calling for Joe to yank Horford all first half and even the beginning of the second and Al made a complete fool of me. I hope he keeps doing it and waves the Championship trophy right in my stupid face!
I predicted he would step up big and he did. This means too much to him.
Is is playing like he is possessed.  He is on a mission.  He will play defense on Jokic with the strength of 10 Grinch’s.

He was making mistakes at first because he was too emotional and excited. He got under control and was fine he is focused.

I say unleash BIG AL !
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:05:22 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 06:24:21 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2559
We all love Al.  His contribution in G5 was needed and was a blast to watch. I still think giving Al requisite rest is key.  We don’t need Al to do this every night. Need him to be effective; play D, make smart plays on offense, hit a couple of open threes. If we get a ‘player of the game’ performance once each in the next two series it’ll be a gift. Beauty of the Cs roster is they have a bunch of ‘player of the game’ capable players. Great to see it happen for Al and great to see his teammates respond to the hot hand when it emerges.

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 08:31:28 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3207
I would still like to see some of Tillman and Q against some of these big strong guys. Both are athletic and strong. Still, 8 more games to win.

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 08:37:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
There's gonna be games here or there where teams pick their poison and decide to just leave Horford open. If he can make some shots like he did in Game 5, then we're unstoppable and it just makes life even harder for opposing teams. And I still trust Horford with the game on the line to do his best defensively. We've seen it time and time again in the past against guys like Embiid and Giannis, but even the previous game he locked down Garland really well.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller