Author Topic: Moves and JAG's  (Read 1963 times)

Re: Moves and JAG's
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 11:09:44 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Since the championship season of 1986, my rule-of-thumb is 1-3-8.

You need ONE superstar
You need THREE all-stars
You need EIGHT players who could start on a typical NBA team

The EIGHT comprise your playoff rotation and I suppose they could be considered JAGs.

This was the formula that worked in 2007-8 with Pierce as the superstar.  Is the current roster configured as 1-3-8?  I'm not sure.

Superstars: Rondo, Garnett

All-Star: Pierce

Starters: Terry, Green, Bradley, Bass, Wilcox

There it is:  2-3-8, even better than 1-3-8

Garnett is way past being a superstar. Great defensive player, yes, in 4-5 minute spurts. Superstar, not even close.

They have one superstar -- Rondo -- and maybe two all stars in Pierce and Garnett. Terry, Bass and Wilcox especially are not starters on most other teams. Green would start, I guess, for some teams. Seems to me like you are highly overrating the talent on this team.
Green, Terry, Bass and Wilcox have all started on various teams in the NBA. I would definitely consider them part of the "8" and are prime examples of JAGs.  However I do agree that KG is not a superstar anymore.

The strategy this season seems to be to go for depth in order to conserve KG and PP for the playoffs rather than concentrating the talent into the top 3 or 4 guys.  Doc is complying with this my limiting their minutes.  So far, that's not working out so well.