Author Topic: IT- MVP Season-Superstar of the Celtics  (Read 353 times)

IT- MVP Season-Superstar of the Celtics
« on: February 23, 2017, 05:35:01 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
By all accounts, IT is having a breakout, superstar season. After reading many posts today, we all keep saying we need a superstar to compete but we are forgetting the magic of what has been IT this year. Before this year, I thought he was a strong, solid number 2 but after seeing what he accomplished this year, it would foolish to bet against him. Even without strong rebounding, it will not surprise me to see us make it to the conference finals.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?category=SCORING

He is currently number 2 in scoring, shooting 91% from FT, has a better FG% than the top 4 on this list including Boogie, and is winning us many games in the 4th quarter- which by the way is going to be needed in the playoffs.

Yes, I know we don't have 4 superstars like the Warriors, or prima donna Lebron and his Love(who is injured again) or Irving who believes the world is flat, and oh know, we didn't throw a first away for the creaky bones of Bogut, or trade Sully to the Suns for help(I guess Ainge was smart letting Sully go), or we didnt agree to send Crowder, Brown, Smart and the 2017 first and 2018 Nets(Woj just stated we had both picks on table) to Indy for a player that will bolt in 1.5 years, or similar to the Bulls, we didn't send Bradley for Noel or value Okafor as more than a pile of sticks(great top draft picks by Sixers) or send a 1st and Bradley/Crowder to the  Knicks for someone who appears to be poisonous to the teams he plays on...but what we do have is IT, bonafide, breakout superstar of 2017....I for one, look forward to seeing what he and Smart,Crowder, Brown, Horford, KO and others will do in the playoffs.....We have a team that is playing like a team and a coach who will run circles around others in our conference.

IT, thank you for being a godsend for this team and thank you Danny, for making another trade heist to get him from the Suns......I look forward to seeing you lead our team towards number 18 in the coming years and having top 3 picks in 2017 and 2018 join you on your journey....if another bonafide superstar comes from those picks or signs with us as a FA, great...if not, dont count out IT and what magic might come going forward.