Author Topic: Celtics (1-4) at Magic (3-2) Game 6 11/8  (Read 62604 times)

Re: Celtics (1-4) at Magic (3-2) Game 6 11/8
« Reply #360 on: November 08, 2013, 10:46:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
After a hard fought win and excellent effort this team deserves better than to have its "fans" moping in the game thread of the team's best blog site because they didn't lose.

Its truly a sad state that this is how some people "cheer" for their team.

Oh calm down nick.  Maybe 3 of these guys tops will still be celtics in a couple years.  I'll root for wins when there is a point to it.  Right now I want to see us bottom out.  I'm not actually mad.  It's orlando.  You're going to luck into ugly wins from time to time.  No worries.

So developing our guys into team players, making them learn how to play winning basketball and developing a winning culture doesn't matter?
No.  It literally doesn't matter.  I've explained that it another thread.  Rondo and perk tanking in 07 had no effect on their championship contributions.  Durants team actively tanking his rookie season didn't hurt his long term career.  The 2-3 guys still on this team next time we make a playoffs aren't going to care that we won 26 games back in 2013-14.

Well it's not the players fault if they win........ It will b up to Stevens to make the moves that flatten the celtics tires during s game.

Right now he is needs practice learning to win as bad as the guys do.........

« Reply #361 on: November 08, 2013, 10:47:14 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
After a hard fought win and excellent effort this team deserves better than to have its "fans" moping in the game thread of the team's best blog site because they didn't lose.

Oh calm down nick.  Maybe 3 of these guys tops will still be celtics in a couple years.  I'll root for wins when there is a point to it.  Right now I want to see us bottom out.  I'm not actually mad.  It's orlando.  You're going to luck into ugly wins from time to time.  No worries.

So developing our guys into team players, making them learn how to play winning basketball and developing a winning culture doesn't matter?
No.  It literally doesn't matter.  I've explained that it another thread.  Rondo and perk tanking in 07 had no effect on their championship contributions.  Durants team actively tanking his rookie season didn't hurt his long term career.  The 2-3 guys still on this team next time we make a playoffs aren't going to care that we won 26 games back in 2013-14.

That's what no winning culture do to you. Rondo and Perk in 07 won not because of a young player who developed, but because he is surrounded by veterans who did everything in their careers and all they ever wanted was to win.

No winning culture will eventually lead us into being the Clippers before Chris Paul or the Washington Wizards. We'll have the talent that we need by losing, but not a team where players know how to play winning basketball.

Look, I get your notion that if we are at the bottom we end up with a high pick in a loaded draft. Not denying that. That's what Durant's team is now. Even if they tanked or not, they are just not good enough to win games, and without Rondo we are as well.

But the idea that we should not be happy for a win and not go for it, that's beyond meth. We're risking the uncertainty of having a top tier talent but a very poor foundation of a team mentally. I'm not expecting a ton of wins this year, but I'd want the team to go after it every game. At least they will be hungry for more and will set a good tone for this superstar coming in, instead of settling for loses.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #362 on: November 08, 2013, 10:51:59 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Oh calm down nick.  Maybe 3 of these guys tops will still be celtics in a couple years.  These aren't celtics... It's a team of sitting ducks and scabs.  I'll root for wins when there is a point to it.  Right now I want to see us bottom out.  I'm not actually mad.  It's orlando.  You're going to luck int

How mad are you going to be if Stevens gets this team to be a slightly above-average defense, which will probably make it a bit hard to be a bottom-five team?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #363 on: November 08, 2013, 10:57:50 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
LarBrd33: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

AHAHAHAHAH
;D
This is a disaster!  Jk. Wins against equally dumpy teams like Orlando are going to happen occasionally.  Hopefully we can ship out some of these contributors like bass soon.  These random wins can't start piling up or it will be detrimental to our long term future.  These little one-pop wins feel nice for a second but they will kill our hope for future success.  It's like taking meth. 

Winning games this year = smoking meth

Every win this year is a step further away from drafting ender wiggin.  I imagine Miami will get us back on track.

Love how you understate a win against Orlando, who coming in to tonight were 3-2 for the year, their loses coming against the #1 Pacers and an OT loss against Minnesota who's playing quite well.

Their 3 wins? By 20 against the Pelicans, by 21 against the Nets, and by 8 against the Clippers.

One of the best rebounding and offensive team so far this year, and we held them to under 40% shooting.

So paint it however you want it, but this was a good win against a team coming in on a 3 game winning streak which included 2 teams who are championship contenders.

« Reply #364 on: November 08, 2013, 11:24:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
A stat that impresses me is our 19 offensive rebounds

That an't Rivers type ball .....shoot and hide

« Reply #365 on: November 09, 2013, 12:22:12 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
One of you tankers owes us a ping pong ball!!! ;D

« Reply #366 on: November 09, 2013, 12:25:37 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Oh calm down nick.  Maybe 3 of these guys tops will still be celtics in a couple years.  These aren't celtics... It's a team of sitting ducks and scabs.  I'll root for wins when there is a point to it.  Right now I want to see us bottom out.  I'm not actually mad.  It's orlando.  You're going to luck int

How mad are you going to be if Stevens gets this team to be a slightly above-average defense, which will probably make it a bit hard to be a bottom-five team?

I betting he'll go ballistic and call for Stevens' head for making the team a very good defensive group instead of being losers.

« Reply #367 on: November 09, 2013, 12:43:16 AM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
I'm actually kind of impressed with their team D already. They played really good defense tonight. There were lapses, but there will always be those.

« Reply #368 on: November 09, 2013, 12:46:55 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I betting he'll go ballistic and call for Stevens' head for making the team a very good defensive group instead of being losers.
Lol no.  I don't like the idea of winning 33 games and missing the playoffs.  Perpetual mediocrity is a nightmare.  But I don't think this team really has the talent to be competitive so I'm not worried about it.  Blowouts are right around the corner.  If we manage to lose by less than 15 to Miami I'll start getting nervous. 

« Reply #369 on: November 09, 2013, 12:56:10 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Lol no.  I don't like the idea of winning 33 games and missing the playoffs.  Perpetual mediocrity is a nightmare.  But I don't think this team really has the talent to be competitive so I'm not worried about it.  Blowouts are right around the corner.  If we manage to lose by less than 15 to Miami I'll start getting nervous.

Don't sweat it too much.  We have the extra pick next year that we might be able to use to move up a few spots if we're in the 5-10 range, and after all, Pierce was picked at #10.  Worked out.

I'm okay with watching a decent game now and again.

« Reply #370 on: November 09, 2013, 01:04:16 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
We can't keep having these wins. lol.  This is horrible.  Lose.  Please, lose!

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #371 on: November 09, 2013, 01:09:32 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

So if the team looked like a good competitive team tomorrow you won't like it...? Is that what you are saying?

Apparently building a contending team in the future should ONLY be done by embracing losing and in return getting a high draft pick. Not by trying to be competitive, not by trying to win, or making something for what assets we have  while making the most of what talent this team has, none of that stuff works.

I mean, just ask the Indiana Pacers for instance, who had no top five picks since 1989. Surely they built this contending team by tanking after Reggie retired. Oh wait...

« Reply #372 on: November 09, 2013, 02:18:09 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

So if the team looked like a good competitive team tomorrow you won't like it...? Is that what you are saying?

I'm saying if we manage to lose by less than 15 tomorrow, I might have to rethink my entire existence.   

« Reply #373 on: November 09, 2013, 04:03:30 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

This team looked better tonight than it did to start the season.  They are playing very good defense, and the offense will keep improving.

They don't have the talent of the top teams in the league, but they have plenty of talent to stay competitive on most nights.  To me, they are starting to look like a scrappy bunch that is playing for each other.  I loved how coach Stevens singled out Jordan Crawford for diving on a loose ball in his post-game interview, almost like a; "who'd have thunk it?"
 comment. 

It's bound to be a bumpy ride, and we might get brought down to earth tomorrow night, but I'm counting on this team to scrap together around 35 wins this season. 

Hopefully, Gerald Wallace is over calling his teammates "losers" after every loss. 

I have said before that I thought Avery Bradley would be a leader on this team.  It's not because he's an elite talent, but rather because he has somewhat of a KG effect on the way the team plays.  This is a guy who will guilt his teammates into playing hard every night by example. 

I'm looking forward to these guys making me proud this season. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #374 on: November 09, 2013, 04:13:35 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Nice win enjoyed watching them tonight liked all of Stevens moves too
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk