Poll

Which of the following describes you best?

Wait patiently. I have a lot of patience. I hardly note the delay.
1 (2.8%)
I fidget a bit and say to myself, this site takes more time to load than any other I use.
4 (11.1%)
I swear under my breath and silently scream out; why does it take so long to load?!! Why can’t they do anything about it?!!
11 (30.6%)
I go berserk! Swear out loud, yell at my wife and kids. Throw the iPhone on the floor, kick the dog….
2 (5.6%)
I find diversions, e.g., I sing songs, temporarily venture to other web sites, make dinner, figure out my taxes…then, return to the site.
18 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: April 05, 2018, 11:54:17 PM

Author Topic: How do you spend your time waiting for this Celtics Blog site to load?  (Read 17020 times)

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Sometimes waiting for this site to load can get frustrating. Now's the time to express how you feel.

Perhaps, in the future, we should conduct another poll predicting the year when this site will load quickly.

Hilarious poll. TP
The only color that matters is GREEN

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Would it ever be possible to separate the forum from the SB Nation site?  I.e. Export all the forum data and port it over to a freestanding forum site?  That might require a bit of capital to do.  I for one wouldn't mind a one time shared fee for all of us to allow the forum to be disconnected from SB nation.  Say if we all had to pay a one time fee of $40 to pay for the migration of the forum is that just a non-starter?

This is one of my fav sites on the net, but if we all have continual issues with access then don't we need to look at other options?

Sadly, there may be a “save the forums” drive coming soon.

There will be more details to come, but long-term we have three options:

1. Take the forums independent;

2. Latch on to another blog;

3. Close down.

I really would hate to see #3. It’s like hearing that your favorite pub is being torn down and replaced by Applebee’s.

Holy smokes. That's concerning. I've been coming to these forums for over a decade!! #Savethecbforums
The only color that matters is GREEN

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Can we at least win a championship before this forum closes down  :'(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
The question we should really be asking:

We all spend a lot of time on this great site. Would donations help buy servers/upgrades to make the site smoother and faster?

Cause something is wrong technically.

I'm down to donate if need be. I vote with my dollars and this site gets my vote.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Jeff must have read the thread .   

Its working great now ...LOl.

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Jeff must have read the thread .   

Its working great now ...LOl.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Do u realize how slow this forum will be if we win a championship ?
Priorities please!
Hard pass.

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Priorities please!
Hard pass.

To the contrary...noticed there are a lot more postings when the team is doing lousy. We love to complain.  And when things go bad, each of us knows where the problems lie and how to solve them. 

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I actually ran 'celtics blog forum connection problems' through a search engine in the hope of finding more about the issue, but actually found a reddit forum in which Larbrd33 was trashing this site and saying how "we don't know what we are talking about" hahaha

It's hilarious that he made such a big deal about not posting here anymore, supposedly his choice, because it wasn't worth the effort and he didn't want to get caught up posting online anymore yadda yadda, and there he is on Reddit posting just as frequently as he ever did on here.

Well, most of his strange arguments (Sixers prospects not losing any value / having huge trade value, Jaylen being a “tier 3 prospect”, and many more) had blown up in his face by the time he left.

I just figured he decided to fade into Bolivian instead of face the music about how wrong he was, and by fade into Bolivian I mean get a fresh start with an audience that has no recollection of any of it.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
Would it ever be possible to separate the forum from the SB Nation site?  I.e. Export all the forum data and port it over to a freestanding forum site?  That might require a bit of capital to do.  I for one wouldn't mind a one time shared fee for all of us to allow the forum to be disconnected from SB nation.  Say if we all had to pay a one time fee of $40 to pay for the migration of the forum is that just a non-starter?

This is one of my fav sites on the net, but if we all have continual issues with access then don't we need to look at other options?

3. Close down.

I really would hate to see #3. It’s like hearing that your favorite pub is being torn down and replaced by Applebee’s.

thanks for the reply Roy.  good to hear that there are things going on behind the scenes to figure this out.  let us know if there are things we can do as users of the site to help out.

I would hate to see it come down to #3 as well.

I would absolutely pay a one time fee to separate from SBNation, and as someone who has worked in web technology, big data and internet marketing for 10 years, I would also volunteer to help in any way I could. I’d be super p---ed to lose this place, I post semi frequently but lurk almost every day.

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
I think up low quality nicknames for things.

Like AOL-ticsblog.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Priorities please!
Hard pass.

To the contrary...noticed there are a lot more postings when the team is doing lousy. We love to complain.  And when things go bad, each of us knows where the problems lie and how to solve them.
Yeah. How am I going to whine about Brad's coaching if he wins a title? It's already hard enough!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I actually ran 'celtics blog forum connection problems' through a search engine in the hope of finding more about the issue, but actually found a reddit forum in which Larbrd33 was trashing this site and saying how "we don't know what we are talking about" hahaha

It's hilarious that he made such a big deal about not posting here anymore, supposedly his choice, because it wasn't worth the effort and he didn't want to get caught up posting online anymore yadda yadda, and there he is on Reddit posting just as frequently as he ever did on here.

Well, most of his strange arguments (Sixers prospects not losing any value / having huge trade value, Jaylen being a “tier 3 prospect”, and many more) had blown up in his face by the time he left.

I just figured he decided to fade into Bolivian instead of face the music about how wrong he was, and by fade into Bolivian I mean get a fresh start with an audience that has no recollection of any of it.
...making a significant offer for Ben Mclemore, acquiring Nik Stauskas...

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

3. Close down.

thanks for the reply Roy.  good to hear that there are things going on behind the scenes to figure this out.  let us know if there are things we can do as users of the site to help out.

I would hate to see it come down to #3 as well.

I would absolutely pay a one time fee to separate from SBNation, and as someone who has worked in web technology, big data and internet marketing for 10 years, I would also volunteer to help in any way I could. I’d be super p---ed to lose this place, I post semi frequently but lurk almost every day.

Ditto here. I'm a software engineer by trade/ technology VP these days. I'm happy to contribute time getting something going.

I also have a side company that could potentially host the system on our servers. I don't have a great idea of the actual costs, but done right it could probably run on donations/ small sponsors.

Should we start a group chat/ Slack/ something to discuss this somewhere among admins and people able to help?

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
sometimes I run out to Dunkin Donuts