Author Topic: Options if AD to Boston Does NOT happen  (Read 13846 times)

Re: Options if AD to Boston Does NOT happen
« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2019, 03:29:40 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
It's disappointing that the quality of informed posting has declined so much in recent years.

It seems many (potentially most?) posters don't understand basics about the CBA. And I know it's fun to speculate and dream about lineup construction, but at the same time it's really NOT fun when people are suggesting offseason moves that are literally impossible.

This is exactly how I feel.

People keep bringing up sign and trading Kyrie, (I've brought that up a few times, but Kyrie is not going to give up more money,) and S&T's have become literally impossible to pull off nowadays.

Two minutes of looking at the CBA guide lines would help users instead of posting the same thing over and over again.

SAign and Trades are very far from "Literally impossible"

Why don't you provide some proof then?

Name the last star S&T player besides CP3.

S&T don't benefit players like Irving, because he loses more money, and doesn't gain the additional year that the Celtics could give him.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2019, 04:33:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Yeah I said this in another thread: that unless a star player is trying to force his way to a team that doesn't have the space to sign him, a star, max level player has zero incentive to agree to a sign and trade. Why would someone who has destination options where he wants to play, that has cap space do a sign and trade to go to a less desirable location that helps his previous team and takes assets off his new team, when he can just sign outright where he wants.

Though not "literally" impossible, they are logically impossible to pull off with a star player unless that star player's primary desire is to play for a team that doesn't have cap space.

Kyrie has 2 options in LA, 2 options in NY, one in Dallas and one with Indy. All excellent options and a few that make the most sense for Kyrie(LAL, Brooklyn and NYK).

« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2019, 05:22:58 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
It's disappointing that the quality of informed posting has declined so much in recent years.

It seems many (potentially most?) posters don't understand basics about the CBA. And I know it's fun to speculate and dream about lineup construction, but at the same time it's really NOT fun when people are suggesting offseason moves that are literally impossible.

People keep bringing up sign and trading Kyrie, (I've brought that up a few times, but Kyrie is not going to give up more money,) and S&T's have become literally impossible to pull off nowadays.

Two minutes of looking at the CBA guide lines would help users instead of posting the same thing over and over again.

S&T don't benefit players like Irving, because he loses more money, and doesn't gain the additional year that the Celtics could give him.

If it was impossible there would be no rules for it.

It is not "literally impossible"

It is entirely possible.

It may not be common, but it is most certainly possible.

Players needs to agree. Yes.
Both teams need to agree. Yes.
Possibility of byc rules being triggered making it tougher to get salaries to match. Yes.

Impossible. No.

« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2019, 05:23:54 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Yeah I said this in another thread: that unless a star player is trying to force his way to a team that doesn't have the space to sign him, a star, max level player has zero incentive to agree to a sign and trade. Why would someone who has destination options where he wants to play, that has cap space do a sign and trade to go to a less desirable location that helps his previous team and takes assets off his new team, when he can just sign outright where he wants.

Though not "literally" impossible, they are logically impossible to pull off with a star player unless that star player's primary desire is to play for a team that doesn't have cap space.

Kyrie has 2 options in LA, 2 options in NY, one in Dallas and one with Indy. All excellent options and a few that make the most sense for Kyrie(LAL, Brooklyn and NYK).

Probably more apt to see tier B players involved in a sign and trade more than a star player

« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2019, 05:28:30 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

It is entirely possible.

Possibility of byc rules being triggered making it tougher to get salaries to match. Yes.

Impossible. No.

Literally all the things you mentioned rarely ever happen.. CP3 is the last well known Allstar trade via S&T, and as you know it already sapped Rockets of premier talent that would've been vital for their team in the long run.

It's practically impossible, not even going to bother debating this with you... You have been on here long enough to know how complicated these trades are.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2019, 06:43:20 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

It is entirely possible.

Impossible. No.

Literally all the things you mentioned rarely ever happen.. CP3 is the last well known Allstar trade via S&T, and as you know it already sapped Rockets of premier talent that would've been vital for their team in the long run.

It's practically impossible, not even going to bother debating this with you... You have been on here long enough to know how complicated these trades are.
LeBron was a S&T to the Heat at one point

« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2019, 07:14:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

It is entirely possible.

Impossible. No.

LeBron was a S&T to the Heat at one point
Different CBA rules at the time and once again, he forced his way to Miami through the sign and trade. Cleveland didn't decide to use him in a sign and trade to make sure they received compensation back. Miami and LeBron approached Cleveland to help them out in exchange for draft picks.