Author Topic: What is your ideal and realistic team next season?  (Read 30188 times)

Re: What is your ideal and realistic team next season?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2019, 11:15:41 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
So do we agree this is the most realistic lineup on opening day?:

PG - Rozier / Knight / 14 pick
SG - brown / smart / 18 pick
SF - Tatum / Morris / Semi
PF - Horford / Green / Yabu
C - Tristan / Baynes / time lord

Lol  8)

With the inevitable injuries to Smart ; Baynes; JaMychal and Knight and load management of Horford - we will have plenty of opportunities to develop the rookies and time lord and also win a few games

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2019, 11:23:26 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Sign Kyrie, Theis. let Morris and Rozier walk. Trade Tatum, Smart, Yabusele, some picks for AD. Sign Rubio to MLE.

PG: Irving, Rubio (6th man).
SG: Brown, Draft player (Porter, Herro, Alexander-Walker).
SF: Hayward, Semi
PF: Davis, Theis
C: Horford, Williams

Sign as many 3 point shooting vets as you can.

This is a more team centric roster with a clear defined pecking order.

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2019, 11:26:45 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Ok this is more realistic scenario since I expect Kyrie to leave and knicks to outbid is for Davis ...
Trade Hayward to Cleveland plus a late first for knight and Tristan .
Resign Rozier at 12 mil a year for 4 years
Resign Morris at 10 mil a year for 3 years
Resign Horford for 25 mil a year for 3 years
Use full MLE on a power forward - green from clippers
This is basically the same team as the 2018 playoff team with more rebounding.
At the deadline add a disgruntled star like Beal or George using knights expiring + one young player + a pick
Or trade for Conley with Roziers contract plus a pick.
This is as much savage control as we can do at this point.
This would make me vomit. Rozier at that money is literally insane. 35-40 win team
The assumption is that his contract becomes an asset (moderate value) come trade deadline.
I also think the team i put together (with the right amount of motivation from the coach) wins 80% of home games and 50% away games for a 52-30 record. 3rd seed or depending on injuries and how top heavy the east is possibly 2nd seed.

That team wouldn't even win 48 games on NBA 2K19. Let's be real..

That team came one game short  from the finals.. why wouldn’t they achieve 63% winning pct playing against rebuilding teams and unmotivated contenders in an 82game season?

because he thinks 2019 Brown, Tatum, Rozier etc.  is the norm

It literally is the norm. Rozier is and has always been a mediocre scorer. That's never not been true. His average true shooting percentage in each of the past 4 seasons is 49%. This season was the second most efficient season of his career with a whopping 39% FG. No one is stopping Rozier from being great. He just isn't great.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2019, 11:28:19 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Let Rozier walk. He's not a good PG and I simply don't want his big ego in the locker room. I'd bring IT4 back if possible. He'll come cheap and provide the scoring punch we needed off the bench this year. Besides that, Ainge REALLY needs to address our rebounding issues. Maybe Joakim Noah? He played well for Memphis this year and would fit in well in Brad's system with his passing abilities.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2019, 11:30:42 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Horford / Baynes / Theis
Davis / Morris
Hayward / Dudley
Brown / Moore / Carter
Kyrie / Beverley / Wanamaker

We need more leadership, plus a superstar. This team accomplishes those goals.

I think is probably the team that runs next season. I just really hate seeing smart go.

Really hope that danny can find a way to keep him.

I really want to see smart and beverly on the court together with davis and horford and brown.

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2019, 11:33:46 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
IMO the Celtic are in a tough position.

What makes you think Kyrie Irving will play any differently next year than he did last year? Why will he not be the ISO leader of the 2020 Boston Celtics? Is it because we could maybe have Anthony Davis? Is there anything in his past that indicates he can score when he needs to, and distribute the ball thus keeping the players on the floor engaged?

Can we get Davis and keep him if Kyrie isn't here? IMO is the main question for the coming season. I'm not convinced that Kyrie has learned a dam thing after this season. I need to hear it out of his mouth. "I'm gonna trust my teammates, keep the ball moving and find the best opportunity for the team and not worry about being an NBA brand."

Until then I can dream: 

PG-Smart, (and a very solid backup)
SG-Brown
SF-Hayward, Morris
C-Davis, Baynes, Time Lord
PF-Horford, Morris

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2019, 11:35:20 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Ok this is more realistic scenario since I expect Kyrie to leave and knicks to outbid is for Davis ...
Trade Hayward to Cleveland plus a late first for knight and Tristan .
Resign Rozier at 12 mil a year for 4 years
Resign Morris at 10 mil a year for 3 years
Resign Horford for 25 mil a year for 3 years
Use full MLE on a power forward - green from clippers
This is basically the same team as the 2018 playoff team with more rebounding.
At the deadline add a disgruntled star like Beal or George using knights expiring + one young player + a pick
Or trade for Conley with Roziers contract plus a pick.
This is as much savage control as we can do at this point.
This would make me vomit. Rozier at that money is literally insane. 35-40 win team
The assumption is that his contract becomes an asset (moderate value) come trade deadline.
I also think the team i put together (with the right amount of motivation from the coach) wins 80% of home games and 50% away games for a 52-30 record. 3rd seed or depending on injuries and how top heavy the east is possibly 2nd seed.

That team wouldn't even win 48 games on NBA 2K19. Let's be real..

That team came one game short  from the finals.. why wouldn’t they achieve 63% winning pct playing against rebuilding teams and unmotivated contenders in an 82game season?

because he thinks 2019 Brown, Tatum, Rozier etc.  is the norm

It literally is the norm. Rozier is and has always been a mediocre scorer. That's never not been true. His average true shooting percentage in each of the past 4 seasons is 49%. This season was the second most efficient season of his career with a whopping 39% FG. No one is stopping Rozier from being great. He just isn't great.

regardless of the hate you have for him...

he will be a starter or at least get to play PG next season

If he shows us another dud next season.... OK fine

but if he shows a game closer to 2018 playoffs

then you are wrong

Rozier when he is comfortable on the court, is not pigeoned hole into a 3 and D player

is a fantastic player in transition.  He is a little streaky, but can hit multiple shots in a row. Drive to the basket and finish with his off hand/off the backboard. He is a willing passer and doesn't ball stop.  All of this, which drives him to play with energy on defense.  Really good motor

We saw very little of this , this season because he couldn't/wasn't allowed to get into this flow

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2019, 11:36:03 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It's weird to me that so many people seem to think that Kyrie coming back and the Celts trading for Davis is a "more likely than not" scenario at this point after all that's happened in the last month.  Heck, it's odd to me that anybody would think it's an especially 'likely" scenario at this point.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2019, 11:41:51 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
It's weird to me that so many people seem to think that Kyrie coming back and the Celts trading for Davis is a "more likely than not" scenario at this point after all that's happened in the last month.  Heck, it's odd to me that anybody would think it's an especially 'likely" scenario at this point.

TP Agreed.  I think this is the least likely scenario.  It would be one thing if the C's lost with Kyrie and had zero drama.  The drama is going to play a big part in how the C's build their team IMO.  I think Danny, Brad and Wyc learned the hard way Chemistry is as important as talent because you can have all of the talent in the world but if the Chemistry is not there it will not work.  That's why I think Kyrie is gone and AD will follow to NYC. 

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2019, 11:44:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
not sure how many here respect Shaqs opinion

but you know, he didn't win multiple rings out of fluke

He said multiple times this season.... Kyrie, needs to "add" to last seasons playoff squad.  Not rearrange it, mess it up.  Add to it, and this team will be dangerous

But Irving did the exact opposite. Deconstruted it. Made it about him/look at me....which then trickled down to "look at me" influence for these young guys.

I sincerely believe this.  I'm not blaming everything on Irving....because you know what, Danny could have chosen a different path....traded some of the young guys, especially by the trade deadline...to better suit Irving need. But Danny and Wyc did nothing

I get it, due to Irving one foot out the door ....had to keep everybody.   But it really did blow up in Ainge face and this was a waste of a season.   Irving likely walks, young guys waste a year of development, locker room has a dark cloud hanging over it....

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2019, 11:49:26 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

He said multiple times this season.... Kyrie, needs to "add" to last seasons playoff squad.  Not rearrange it, mess it up.  Add to it, and this team will be dangerous

But Irving did the exact opposite. Deconstruted it. Made it about him/look at me....which then trickled down to "look at me" influence for these young guys.

I sincerely believe this.  I'm not blaming everything on Irving....because you know what, Danny could have chosen a different path....traded some of the young guys, especially by the trade deadline...to better suit Irving need. But Danny and Wyc did nothing

I get it, due to Irving one foot out the door ....had to keep everybody.   But it really did blow up in Ainge face and this was a waste of a season.   Irving likely walks, young guys waste a year of development, locker room has a dark cloud hanging over it....

TP I agree with this but I don't blame Danny and company because a player held them hostage.  Mr. I'm coming back changes his tune at the first sign of adversity.  Now Danny and the team can't make the trades they would like to build around this diva because he may not return and you just unloaded all of your assets and he still leaves.  I think Kyrie is sensitive and since he got hammered in Boston that's his reason why he wants to leave.  He feels NYC will embrace him more but he's in for a rude awakening if that's really his thought.  I do think though that he may have given Danny two options since Kyrie is all about Ky-me.  Either trade for AD or KD or he's gone. 

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2019, 11:55:33 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
i m having a difficult time imagining any team right now ,  because 80 percent is most likely gonna be new , not recycled .

I m on the fense about keeping Hayward even. 

Seems Smart is our only true blue Celtic.

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2019, 11:59:31 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

TP I agree with this but I don't blame Danny and company because a player held them hostage.  Mr. I'm coming back changes his tune at the first sign of adversity.  Now Danny and the team can't make the trades they would like to build around this diva because he may not return and you just unloaded all of your assets and he still leaves.  I think Kyrie is sensitive and since he got hammered in Boston that's his reason why he wants to leave.  He feels NYC will embrace him more but he's in for a rude awakening if that's really his thought.  I do think though that he may have given Danny two options since Kyrie is all about Ky-me.  Either trade for AD or KD or he's gone.

this is where I'm at...and I don't trust Irving

Lebron can keep him in check. And so can  Durant now.  Someone like a Draymond Green could keep him in line

But Irving would step all over Anthony Davis

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2019, 12:01:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
i m having a difficult time imagining any team right now ,  because 80 percent is most likely gonna be new , not recycled .

I m on the fense about keeping Hayward even. 

Seems Smart is our only true blue Celtic.

Is Irving 50 percent alone? lol

Smart, Brown, Tatum, Semi, Baynes, Rozier (good chance), Hayward .... are still with the team

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2019, 12:03:59 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
PG-Kyrie, Rubio
SG-Brown, Vince Carter
SF-Hayward, Jared Dudley
C-Davis, TIMELORD
PF-Horford, Dedmon

Semi, Dozier, Hunter, Theis, Wanamaker