Author Topic: IF, If, IIIFFFF Kyrie says he wants NYK  (Read 3691 times)

IF, If, IIIFFFF Kyrie says he wants NYK
« on: May 15, 2019, 06:46:53 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Then

Irving S&T to NYK (Gets Kyrie more money, makes him happy, NYK can preserve a little capspace by including salary in the deal...allowing them to sign more players than just Durant and Kyrie) Also they would have an absolute glut of PGs on the payroll.

To NYK - Irving, SAC Pick

To Boston - Frank JR, Denis Jr, #3 pick.

Trades gives them a happy Kyrie making more money, and preserves an additional 12-14 million in capspace. Assuming Durant and Kyrie both sign at 30 mill, they would be sitting at  about 80 mill of salary plenty left to fill in roster. (Butler)

Irving
Knox
Butler
Durant
Robinson

Boston then offers the following to Memphis.

#3, Denis Smith Junior to Memphis for pick number 2

Memphis adds a good young PG and also adds Barrett solidifying 2 positions moving forward along with JJJ. Lets them trade Conley for younger wings

Smith JR
?
Barrett
JJJ
?

Boston ends draft day dealing with the following. (not including the other picks) and sitting at about 95 mill in payroll (assuming al resigns at 20 mill per)

Morant/Frank/Wannamaker
Smart/Gibson
Brown/Hayward/Semi
Horford/Yabusele
Williams

then you shop Hayward for a center hard (Drummond,)

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 07:47:55 AM by Silky »

Re: IF, If, IIIFFFF Kyrie says he wants NYK
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 06:51:36 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Why would Kyrie do this if he wants to leave? I'm pretty sure that other posters have pointed out that he doesn't really get any more money (or any worthwhile amount). So why would he rob New York of a top 3 pick in a 3 player draft
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 06:55:38 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
Why would Kyrie do this if he wants to leave? I'm pretty sure that other posters have pointed out that he doesn't really get any more money (or any worthwhile amount). So why would he rob New York of a top 3 pick in a 3 player draft

And why wouldn’t NY prefer to do the S&T with GSW and not give a break to their EC rival?

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 07:01:59 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

And why wouldn’t NY prefer to do the S&T with GSW and not give a break to their EC rival?

They still can.

In fact it would be smarter if they worked it out.

I just assumed that GSW would rather just be free of salary considering the lux tax bill theu have been playing

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 07:04:40 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
It has been stated on here before that under the new CBA sign-and-trade deals don't allow players to get more money than if they just signed with the team. 

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 07:06:52 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Money.

Kyrie like veta more than rookies. They contribute right away. So the team instead saves enough money to be able to get another difference maker on the team. They will still have knox and robinson as youth.

Nyk gains 14 mill in additional capspace

Team move glut of pgs.

Team can now(without a deal) could add another player in the 20-22 mill range. (If kyrie and durant take salary starting at 30 they would have close to 30 mill to spend)

Would kyrie rather

Irving
Butler
Knox
Durant
Robinson

Or

Irving
Knox
Barret
Durant
Robinson

Its a no brainer
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 10:04:22 AM by Silky »

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 07:08:22 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
It has been stated on here before that under the new CBA sign-and-trade deals don't allow players to get more money than if they just signed with the team.

It doesnt state that from what I can find in Coons cba faq. I k ow the raises are not highr though.

Either way it would be better if he and durant took a bit less(around 30 mill each) cause then they could get butler too.

Edit..just found it

Doesnt change the benefit to the knicks to execute a sign and trade for Kyrie.

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 07:10:22 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Money.

Kyrie like veta more than rookies. They contribute right away. So the team instead saves enough money to be able to get another difference maker on the team. They will still have knox and robinson as youth.

Nyk gains 10 mill in additional capspace

Kyrie makes more money.

Team move glut of pgs.

Team can now add another player in the 25 mill range. (If kyrie and durant take salary starting at 30 they would have close to 30 mill to spend)

Would kyrie rather

Irving
Butler
Knox
Durant
Robinson

Or

Irving
Knox
Barret
Durant
Robinson

Its a no brainer
Kyrie does not get more money in a sign-and-trade.  He's limited to 4 years Max with 5% raises in a sign-and-trade like he would be if he just signed with the Knicks. 

See question #92 of the cbafaq. 
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 07:13:21 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Money.

Kyrie makes more money.

Team move glut of pgs.

Team can now add another player in the 25 mill range. (If kyrie and durant take salary starting at 30 they would have close to 30 mill to spend)

Would kyrie rather

Irving
Butler
Knox
Durant
Robinson

Or

Irving
Knox
Barret
Durant
Robinson

Its a no brainer
Kyrie does not get more money in a sign-and-trade.  He's limited to 4 years Max with 5% raises in a sign-and-trade like he would be if he just signed with the Knicks. 

See my above post

It is still of a bemefit to the knicks to do a sign and trade for Kyrie or Durant.
(Cannot see gsw wanting more salary)

Nyk savings in my deal proposed is actually about 14 million.

Their guaranteed payroll this offseason is about 22 million.

That 14 million nets them 3 max players

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 07:26:59 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
They do not need to do a sign and trade. They aren't going to give up premium assets in a sign and trade that they do not need. There will not be any 3 team trades with a sign and trade. Please just accept the reality that either Kyrie signs with us for the extra money or he is gone in free agency.

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 07:31:00 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Money.

Kyrie makes more money.

Team move glut of pgs.

Would kyrie rather

Irving
Butler
Knox
Durant
Robinson

Or

Irving
Knox
Barret
Durant
Robinson

Its a no brainer

See my above post

It is still of a bemefit to the knicks to do a sign and trade for Kyrie or Durant.
(Cannot see gsw wanting more salary)

Nyk savings in my deal proposed is actually about 14 million.

Their guaranteed payroll this offseason is about 22 million.

That 14 million nets them 3 max players
I don't have time to verify your math but your proposed deal isn't realistic.  No team is going to give up the #3 pick and two other young top 10 players to save 14M.  They can trade those assets for a lot more than that. 

Sign-and-trade deals have very little benefit under the new CBA which is why they've pretty much been non-existent. 

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 07:34:52 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
They do not need to do a sign and trade. They aren't going to give up premium assets in a sign and trade that they do not need. There will not be any 3 team trades with a sign and trade. Please just accept the reality that either Kyrie signs with us for the extra money or he is gone in free agency.

I agree they certainly aren’t sending us DSjr and the 3 pick!

I have heard it might be possible to pick up something like a 2d round pick. I don’t understand how the salaries would work tho. How much would they need to send us?

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 07:41:51 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

I disagree.

Nyk would like to add 3 max players as opposed tob2 max players and have 4 pgs on the roater

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2019, 07:43:06 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

I have heard it might be possible to pick up something like a 2d round pick. I don’t understand how the salaries would work tho. How much would they need to send us?

No nore than 50% of kyries salary

So dsj, frank are 9 mill in salary. Pick 3 is about 6 mill. They take back a couple mill in salary for the 14th pick.

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2019, 07:44:34 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

They are, essentially, trading dsj and the 3rd for butler.