Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery  (Read 6423 times)

Eminem - Recovery
« on: June 08, 2010, 03:22:26 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
So Eminem's new album Recovery happened to leak on the internet over the passed day or so. Now I am in no way advocating illegal file sharing/downloading, but has anyone heard the album yet?

I happened to get my hands on it and all I can say is wow! It is an amazing album all the way around. Much more emotion and reality to it than Relapse. It's also a little bit cleaner when it comes to lyrics and messages. Great collaborations on this one too. It's certainly an amazing job by Eminem and I definitely will be buying this on the 22nd.

Re: Eminem - Recovery
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 03:39:54 PM »

Online shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
I heard it. 

I have pretty much the same reaction towards it that I do to most Eminem albums (except some early ones):

- Wack production/beats
- Caters way too much to the mainstream side of hip hop (no surprise there)
- His talent is undeniable
- Raps about the same stuff again and again

With the talent that this dude has for putting words together, I really wish he would put it to better use.  He needs to be far more creative with what he raps about.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 03:41:42 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
Is it deeply twisted and misogynistic like the last one?

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 03:45:27 PM »

Online shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
Is it deeply twisted and misogynistic like the last one?
That last album was weird
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 04:41:45 PM »

Offline Celtic Justice

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
The album is amazing.  here's my favorite track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwzWwFd0l64

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 06:30:18 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 249
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
this album is solid....the track with lil wanye is  :o and then there are some many other nice tracks....space bound, seduction......CD is dope...

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 07:47:45 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
The album is amazing.  here's my favorite track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwzWwFd0l64

agreed man, 25 to life is great. love the beat and the flow is ridiculous.
also love space bound, seduction, no love, on fire, and of course not afraid

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 06:16:26 AM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
One of the best rap cds ever made.  Lyrically it's untouchable.  He just took the number 1 spot back. 

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 07:14:36 AM »

Offline schmalzilla

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
Pretty good album. I need the iTunes version with the Slaugherthouse bonus track.

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 07:54:20 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Em is dope and the album is dope....nuff said

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 08:50:04 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Everything eminem does is great, but I loved the crazy Relapse stuff more.  To me, the Relapse and Relapse:Reloaded stuff was amazing.
It's a little tough to hear that stuff for a year, then to have to suddenly take his lyrics seriously again.  Plus, it seems like all serious topics have already been covered.  The fantasy nonsense is infinite.

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 12:25:00 PM »

Online shookones99

• Jayson Tatum

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 12:44:07 PM »

Offline MF Doom

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
He had alot of nice verses but he really needs to stop doing his own hooks. They sound...idk just off. Overal it was pretty good. I wouldnt go as far as saying this puts him at the number one spot out of MC'S today. I can name a hand full better than him.
And oh of course DOOM (all caps) is still far better lyrically than anyone you can name. Look out for Madvillainy 2!

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 01:31:10 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
In my opinion it's his 3rd best album behind The Slim Shady LP and The Marshall Mathers LP. The only songs I don't like at all are W.T.P. and On Fire. Everything else I could listen to over and over again.

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 01:47:52 PM »

Offline ebrick0340

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 19
I actually think that, lyrically, this is his best album.  Just by listening to the layers of his metaphors I think it's pretty obvious that he has finally gotten his stuff together and that his head is clear.  The more I've listened to Recovery, the more I've gotten from it.  His verse on "No Love" may be the single best rap verse ever in terms of pure lyricism and cleverness.  Just super, super tight.  To each his own, but in my opinion he is easily the best out there right now...again.  My other favorite tracks are "Cold Wind Blows," "So Bad," and I actually like "W.T.P."  Not wild about "Won't Back Down" or "Seduction" but even those are decent.