Author Topic: wu tang chamber music  (Read 3929 times)

wu tang chamber music
« on: June 30, 2009, 03:57:07 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
picked up the new wu cd, "wu tang chamber music".  i really like it, however my only gripes is that there are alot of interludes and that the songs/album is really short.  beats, lyrics, and feel to the album are all really good.  non-wu members on the album are m.o.p., az, master ace, cormega, sean price, havoc, tre williams, kool g rap, sadat x.

my fav part of the album......the opening, when they have the intro music to the shaw bros films.......CLASSIC!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 08:51:12 PM by dark_lord »

Re: wu tang chamber music
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 04:23:01 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Oh you know I'll be commenting later on here, going to pick it up after work.

Actually I'm going to try and pick up the new U-God CD too.  Usually I think his stuff is garbage (although Redemetion was cool), but I think this one is going to be good.  Has a strong supporting lineup too (something usually lacking with other Baby Huey albums) with GZA, Ghostface, Method Man, Raekwon, Cappadonna, Killah Priest, and non Wu affiliates like Jim Jones, Large Professor, and Sheek Louch.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 04:59:56 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
Oh you know I'll be commenting later on here, going to pick it up after work.

Actually I'm going to try and pick up the new U-God CD too.  Usually I think his stuff is garbage (although Redemetion was cool), but I think this one is going to be good.  Has a strong supporting lineup too (something usually lacking with other Baby Huey albums) with GZA, Ghostface, Method Man, Raekwon, Cappadonna, Killah Priest, and non Wu affiliates like Jim Jones, Large Professor, and Sheek Louch.

i will be expecting a pm from you on how u-god's album is  ;D

im not into u-god, but i trust ur judgement, since our tastes in hip hop are so similar

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 07:03:28 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but I like U-God’s album better.

Forget the names the albums are under for a second, if I told you there were 2 Wu albums.

1 has:
Rza
Ghostface
Raekwon
Inspectah Deck
U-God

2 has:
Gza
Ghostface
Raekwon
Method Man
U-God
Cappadonna
Killah Priest

Which one you think you’d be more likely to listen to? (Although the first album has the stronger non-Wu supporting cast).

With Chamber Music (with only 26 minutes worth of songs) I’m not feeling the first 2 songs at all.  Things really warm up for me with Radiant Jewels though, from there on out I like every track, although MOP is totally misused.  You need to have MOP on a hard hitting track with some energy, Sound the Horns (the next song) would have been a much better track for MOP to be on in my opinion.  NYC Crack (the last song) sounds like something left off the Digi Snacks album (not complaining, Digi Snacks was cool and I like that song, just making an observation).  Overall a quality album, on the same level as 8 Diagrams.  I think I saw Maestro say in another thread Chamber Music was better, I think on the same level, but I’d rank 8 Diagrams higher.

Now with Dopium, the first 3 songs come off real strong, like classic Wu bangers, really draws you in.  Overall there’s 14 songs, no skits, intros, interludes (so 51 minutes of music), but the last 3 songs are techno remixes of other tracks on the album (techno style? what the...), take those remixes away, and then there’s 11 songs, 40 minutes of music).  One sing “Hips” is garbage, sounds like every other terrible rapper.  Then you have 2 other songs “Lipton” and “Rims Pokin’ Out” (on which Leatha Face sounds like Freddie Foxxx) that I’m not feeling, kinda weird sounding.  After that I think there are 8 quality songs.  U-God has a lot of help here, so it doesn’t sound like he’s trying to do too much, a lot of the songs he only does one verse, so with that it has a little bit of the pre-Forever album style feel to it with everyone helping out.

Listening to them both nonstop since yesterday, after Chamber Music, put in Dopium, and when I’m done with Dopium I don’t want to go back to Chamber Music I just want to keep listening to Dopium.  If I could only buy one Wu album out of the 2, it would definitely be Dopium.  (I can’t believe I said that).

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 06:32:04 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

Forget the names the albums are under for a second, if I told you there were 2 Wu albums.

1 has:
Rza
Ghostface
Raekwon
Inspectah Deck
U-God

2 has:
Gza
Ghostface
Raekwon
Method Man
U-God
Cappadonna
Killah Priest

Which one you think you’d be more likely to listen to? (Although the first album has the stronger non-Wu supporting cast).

With Chamber Music (with only 26 minutes worth of songs) I’m not feeling the first 2 songs at all.  Things really warm up for me with Radiant Jewels though, from there on out I like every track, although MOP is totally misused.  You need to have MOP on a hard hitting track with some energy, Sound the Horns (the next song) would have been a much better track for MOP to be on in my opinion.  NYC Crack (the last song) sounds like something left off the Digi Snacks album (not complaining, Digi Snacks was cool and I like that song, just making an observation).  Overall a quality album, on the same level as 8 Diagrams.  I think I saw Maestro say in another thread Chamber Music was better, I think on the same level, but I’d rank 8 Diagrams higher.

Now with Dopium, the first 3 songs come off real strong, like classic Wu bangers, really draws you in.  Overall there’s 14 songs, no skits, intros, interludes (so 51 minutes of music), but the last 3 songs are techno remixes of other tracks on the album (techno style? what the...), take those remixes away, and then there’s 11 songs, 40 minutes of music).  One sing “Hips” is garbage, sounds like every other terrible rapper.  Then you have 2 other songs “Lipton” and “Rims Pokin’ Out” (on which Leatha Face sounds like Freddie Foxxx) that I’m not feeling, kinda weird sounding.  After that I think there are 8 quality songs.  U-God has a lot of help here, so it doesn’t sound like he’s trying to do too much, a lot of the songs he only does one verse, so with that it has a little bit of the pre-Forever album style feel to it with everyone helping out.

Listening to them both nonstop since yesterday, after Chamber Music, put in Dopium, and when I’m done with Dopium I don’t want to go back to Chamber Music I just want to keep listening to Dopium.  If I could only buy one Wu album out of the 2, it would definitely be Dopium.  (I can’t believe I said that).

Fair assessment. I like Chamber Music but Dopium is a nice album.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 03:28:44 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

1 has:
Rza
Ghostface
Raekwon
Inspectah Deck
U-God

2 has:
Gza
Ghostface
Raekwon
Method Man
U-God
Cappadonna
Killah Priest

tp for the overview...nicely done.  im copping dopium this weekend for sure.  techno?!?!?

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 08:40:20 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
i picked up dopium.  very solid album and im pleasantly surprised.

i think chamber music was much better though.  except for the aforementioned abundance of skits on the album....all the songs are "wu bangas"  :D