Author Topic: Grizzlies (39-32) at Celtics (50-19) 3/23  (Read 74167 times)

Re: Grizzlies (39-32) at Celtics (50-19) 3/23
« Reply #360 on: March 23, 2011, 10:29:27 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
It's too bad this Memphis team has never given us trouble before, that's what makes this so hard to swallow...
you must have forgot how they blew us out last season at home or how we had to go to overtime to beat them earlier in the year

This... This was my point. or how we barely beat them in Memphis last year.

« Reply #361 on: March 23, 2011, 10:41:46 PM »

Offline JohnBagleyValueMeal

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 176
  • It's not hard to work hard.
I'm surprised everyone is on Rondo for the floater...it wasn't the shot I would have picked, but he was open and at least it's in his repertoire (although less so this year it seems).

The Baby three, on the other hand, is totally inexcusable. There were still 5 seconds on the clock!

All that said, if you're really worked up about HCA, you're basically worked up about the prospect of the Celtics winning 1 game on their opponents' floor.  Really? Last year's team was an injury away from doing it, and this year's team is better.

If you're concerned about the playoffs because you don't think the team is good enough, that's fine--I disagree, but fine. But if you really think they can't steal a game in chicago or 2 in miami...I think your concerns are misplaced.
McHale's favorite ruse is putting paper in the mouths of sleeping teammates. "Try using one of these cocktail napkins," he said. "When just the edge sticks out of a guy's mouth, it looks like he's got fangs. The best part is when he wakes up."
-- Sports Illustrated, 12/19/1983

« Reply #362 on: March 23, 2011, 10:45:15 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I'm surprised everyone is on Rondo for the floater...it wasn't the shot I would have picked, but he was open and at least it's in his repertoire (although less so this year it seems).

The Baby three, on the other hand, is totally inexcusable. There were still 5 seconds on the clock!

All that said, if you're really worked up about HCA, you're basically worked up about the prospect of the Celtics winning 1 game on their opponents' floor.  Really? Last year's team was an injury away from doing it, and this year's team is better.

If you're concerned about the playoffs because you don't think the team is good enough, that's fine--I disagree, but fine. But if you really think they can't steal a game in chicago or 2 in miami...I think your concerns are misplaced.

problem is though..i can see the heat and bulls coming into boston taking a game...so they would most likely have to win 2 on the road

« Reply #363 on: March 24, 2011, 05:55:48 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Just saw the game... frustrating loss. But when you lose the ball almost one possession out of two you can't expect to win. The starters couldn't make a shot in money time except for Pierce, Rondo was good all game till the 4th where he disappeared because he was scared to take any shots but of course he took a terrible shot with 25 seconds left and the chance to get the lead back.

Leon killed us, I was glad for him but not for us obviously, I wish we had signed him (busted knees or not) over Troy "useless" Murphy.

I think we can kiss goodbye to the #1 seed but now I want (at least) HCA over L.A and we're tied.

« Reply #364 on: March 24, 2011, 08:31:46 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

So what if he was open?  He can't shoot and should have gotten it to someone who can!
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #365 on: March 24, 2011, 12:51:35 PM »

Offline jimmywolfrey

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12

So what if he was open?  He can't shoot and should have gotten it to someone who can!

exactly!!  Baby is a black hole and shoots it way too much for his lack of efficiency despite never being double teamed.   

« Reply #366 on: March 24, 2011, 01:09:01 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

So he throws the ball to someone that's covered, we end up with a shot like the one PP ended the game with, and suddenly people here aren't going to be jumping all over Rondo for making *that* pass?

« Reply #367 on: March 24, 2011, 01:12:32 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590

It's not Chicago or Miami that we need to worry about- at least as HC is concerned. We need to have it if we face LA. I still believe that we can beat LA w/o HC, but I don't think there is a question about whether we win or not if we do have it.
Still don't believe in Joe.