Author Topic: Arrogant Celtics aren’t holding up bargain on other end of the court  (Read 1450 times)

Online KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Not my words. From Boston.com shout out to FL Celtics Fan for putting this in the daily Links.

Surprised Boston.com is calling then arrogant with three key players out, must be trying to fire them up.

Re: Arrogant Celtics aren’t holding up bargain on other end of the court
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 04:46:58 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
these losses will be good for the team..Either they will get off their butts and start playing more than 5 minutes of defense...or Ainge will be forced to make a trade, using his "Assets".
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 05:10:17 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Well, they're not wrong. Our guys have let the hype get to their heads. Isaiah said it postgame: "we're not as good as we thought we were". They've got to get back to that mindset of having a chip on their shoulders.

Last year, it was, "can this Celtics team get back in the playoffs?"  Our guys went out and played with that chip on their shoulders, proved the doubters wrong, and had a great season.

This year's it's been, "ok, the Celtics got Horford, they're legit. Can they get to the ECF?", but our guys are still high on the "they're legit" part. They don't realize the amount of work they had to put in last year, just to get to the first round. Essentially, they don't have a chip on their shoulder anymore. It sucks. I hope this is a wake up call to all of them.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 09:26:23 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Can't sustain injuries to starters, especially up front. No longer a deep team. Ainge didn't do enough pre-season, and they are now paying.

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 09:33:45 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Can't sustain injuries to starters, especially up front. No longer a deep team. Ainge didn't do enough pre-season, and they are now paying.

No longer a deep team  ::) We replaced Sullinger with Horford and Turner with Brown. Or do you mean we are missing the services of RJ Hunter?  :laugh:

Depth is gone when 2 of your starters are out and your 2nd unit has to step in as starters and 3rd stringers have to step in for the 2nd stringers. Have you forgotten what our record was when Crowder was injured last year? We were almost a .500 team when a single starter (Crowder) went out, what more when there are 2?

The Celtics are playing horrible defensively, but to say that injuries arent a factor is dumb.

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 09:43:12 PM »

Online KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Nobody else slightly offended by the arrogant comment.

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 09:44:57 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Nobody else slightly offended by the arrogant comment.
Not really. The "we're not as good as we thought we were" was a headscratcher though. Exactly how good did they think they were?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 03:12:17 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

The Celtics are playing horrible defensively, but to say that injuries arent a factor is dumb.

Like I said, they can't sustain injuries to starters. The first few games , they have been without Smart, then Horford and Crowder. Brown is no replacement for Turner, in terms of versatility. Sullinger could rebound. He would fit nicely behind Horford, though, as I've said in other posts, they dodged a bullet with his foot problems. Clearer?  ::)