Author Topic: James Young=New AB?  (Read 8284 times)

Re: James Young=New AB?
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2015, 06:22:12 PM »

Online byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
How much is James Young worth if he gives you the offense of Klay Thompson combined with the defense of Kevin Martin?

If we're talking prime years, I'd actually prefer the offense of Kevin Martin, too. Either way if he was actually that good offensively he could be pretty bad on defense and still useful.

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2015, 06:25:14 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
James Young should have stayed in school one more year.

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2015, 09:58:39 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Very disappointed In this kids non-development.  I think we spent too much time trying to bring around too many youngsters instead of concentrating on the cream of the crop like young.

this kid needs attention.  I don't want him turning into another Jeff Green!!!

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2015, 10:42:08 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Very disappointed In this kids non-development.  I think we spent too much time trying to bring around too many youngsters instead of concentrating on the cream of the crop like young.

Certainly wouldn't break my heart if he turned into another Jeff Green.

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2015, 10:50:58 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Lol if he turns into Jeff Green we are lucky! He will probably not be a starter.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2015, 01:03:06 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown

Certainly wouldn't break my heart if he turned into another Jeff Green.

Not into good players that only play when they want to. 

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2015, 02:00:09 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Young will be solid..  this year bench player

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2015, 02:24:54 PM »

Offline I told you so

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
You are comparing apples and oranges here.  Regarding James Young, I think the Celtics' best course of action during the coming year would be to give him a full season with the Red Claws.  He needs those 30-35 minutes a game against actual competition, which he's not going to get with the Celtics.  Bear in mind that NBA teams very rarely have full practices between games, so in addition to riding the bench, Young would get little opportunity to hone his skills, as was the case in this past season.  I'm not a big James Young fan, but I think the Celtics have handled his development very poorly thus far.

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2015, 02:29:13 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
I like oranges better than apples.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2015, 04:18:23 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
You are comparing apples and oranges here.  Regarding James Young, I think the Celtics' best course of action during the coming year would be to give him a full season with the Red Claws.  He needs those 30-35 minutes a game against actual competition, which he's not going to get with the Celtics.  Bear in mind that NBA teams very rarely have full practices between games, so in addition to riding the bench, Young would get little opportunity to hone his skills, as was the case in this past season.  I'm not a big James Young fan, but I think the Celtics have handled his development very poorly thus far.

You're right, he has to have the minutes to develop or it's a waste of time.

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2015, 04:32:29 PM »

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36

You're right, he has to have the minutes to develop or it's a waste of time.

He just has to wait for his opportunity and just keep working hard. I trust him.

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2015, 05:04:01 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
James Young = new trade bait    :D

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2015, 05:41:58 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Lol if he turns into Jeff Green we are lucky! He will probably not be a starter.

I don't see why a Jeff Green picked at #5 is a bad thing much less getting him at #17! You are so right. Also, JG is a quality starter, his problem is he doesn't really understand/believe he can be The Man, he seems to like being one of the guys.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)