Author Topic: Jeff Green is growing up before our eyes!  (Read 8277 times)

Jeff Green is growing up before our eyes!
« on: May 01, 2013, 10:17:46 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
No , he is not a # 1 option

No, he is probably not a # 2 option

But the kid has heart ......

Came up with a huge dunk , and 2 clutch 3's in the 4th quarter .

He is a very efficient , versatile player , and am so glad to have him and Rondo moving forward  :D

Re: Jeff Green is growing up before our eyes!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 10:19:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
He was channeling James Posey tonight in the 4th quarter.

Hey, remember when one of the biggest holes on the team was backup SF?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 10:20:51 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Jeff Green, Dagger Man.

Those threes were absolutely clutch.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 10:22:06 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
He didn't even hesitate to take that 2nd tough three. Then the look on his face like it was nothing was great.

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 10:24:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
green is showing emotion and heart...   he really has found his role and confidence on this team.

we need him to take the pressure to score off KG and PP

Green is our ACE in the hole.......if he goes off , we can continue to have success

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 10:28:24 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
I think his "too inconsistent" label should be erased now. He's been consistently there for the most part. Love him. 3rd fav player now.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 10:29:28 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1679
Say what you want about his consistency or his aggressiveness, but he's been clutch all year.  Seems to be money in the closing minutes of close games.

Here's to hoping it continues.

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 10:34:21 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561
green is showing emotion and heart...   he really has found his role and confidence on this team.

we need him to take the pressure to score off KG and PP

Green is our ACE in the hole.......if he goes off , we can continue to have success

now that doc wants to keep playing small ball bass has to find a way to get more points down low.whatever it takes.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 10:37:13 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
He's ice cold with that clutch three.

He earning that contract if not, he's being underpaid already.

Gotta love it.

(Vinnie, where are you when we need you?)
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 10:38:52 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
I like what Jeff did tonight and has been doing for the most part. My biggest gripe of his is that he has horrible shot clock awareness. It seems like once a game the ball is in his hand running down and he has no clue.

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 10:45:02 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I wouldn't say he's "growing".  I've had confidence that this is exactly the player Jeff Green has been since his first couple years in the league.  I watched him closely in Seattle and eventually OKC... he's always been a guy who could consistently drop 20 points.  When Durant sat, Green always picked up the slack.  And in Boston it all came down to minutes and role.  I brought up dozens of times that his per-minute numbers were on a par with anything he had ever done.  Once Rondo went out, Green's role increased...

Post All-star he averaged 33.5 minutes, 17.3 points, 5 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.1 blocks, 49%/44%/80% ... the 3-point shooting percentage and clutch-factor is tad surprising, but he's still pretty much the player i've always known him to be.  Solid starter... above-average scorer... fringe star who will never make an all-star team.

He's continued the solid play into the playoffs.  He deserves a ton of credit.  I just can't say it's surprising to me or that I expect him to get much better.  Always knew he had it in him. 

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 10:48:03 PM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Just got my fingers crossed that Green and JET go bananas again in game 6.

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 10:52:18 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I wouldn't say he's "growing".  I've had confidence that this is exactly the player Jeff Green has been since his first couple years in the league.  I watched him closely in Seattle and eventually OKC... he's always been a guy who could consistently drop 20 points.  When Durant sat, Green always picked up the slack.  And in Boston it all came down to minutes and role.  I brought up dozens of times that his per-minute numbers were on a par with anything he had ever done.  Once Rondo went out, Green's role increased...

Post All-star he averaged 33.5 minutes, 17.3 points, 5 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.1 blocks, 49%/44%/80% ... the 3-point shooting percentage and clutch-factor is tad surprising, but he's still pretty much the player i've always known him to be.  Solid starter... above-average scorer... fringe star who will never make an all-star team.

He's continued the solid play into the playoffs.  He deserves a ton of credit.  I just can't say it's surprising to me or that I expect him to get much better.  Always knew he had it in him.

Good post. He's been caught up in all the weeping and wailing about trading the beloved Perkins for him, and the heart surgery. Now, we're seeing what he's got - and how thoroughly lopsided that trade reallyw as.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 11:05:45 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Four years 36 million. Danny Ainge spotted after the game:

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 11:12:19 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101

Good post. He's been caught up in all the weeping and wailing about trading the beloved Perkins for him, and the heart surgery. Now, we're seeing what he's got - and how thoroughly lopsided that trade reallyw as.

Except that Nate was in that trade and the gm didn't have the sense to get another guy who could create his own shot. We have not properly coveted players who can create and hit an open shot, imho.

But I agree that trade was lopsided. DA could have gotten a small guard who was high energy and could create his own shot and we could have gotten a solid big to replace Perk. The thing is we didn't covet guys like that either. Even Jason Collins would help now for 2-5 minutes a game.