Author Topic: Stick a fork in em  (Read 8295 times)

Re: Stick a fork in em
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 08:46:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
The trolls have started to swarm recently.

it's only the first grim tiding of a dark time to come.

Yep...might as well get used to it.  This group is going only to get worse as they age .  Then it may take several seaons to get the right players under contract to move back to the top.

I'm going to stick with DOC though.  Once all the oldies are gone and were in the rebuilding mode, and STILL SUCKING , people will want Doc s head .

Its going to be the DARK AGES for a good while.

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 08:46:03 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
40 points off 24 turnovers for Detroit. I don't care who is not playing, that is why they lost and is the result of bad effort and no focus.

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »

Offline birdbrady

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 74
That may be true, but I wouldn't draw too many conclusions when we're playing without our two best big men.

But yes, unless we can play our way up to at least a 6th seed, we're probably losing in the 1st round.

It's not just that they'll lose in the first round -- it's that, at this rate, it will be utterly embarrassing.  Again, I point at the 08-09 Detroit Pistons. 

I'd rather Danny make any move he can to blow up this team and have them tank for the rest of the regular season rather than watch them fizzle out like that Pistons squad did.  They don't deserve to end like that.

As far as games without our best players are concerned, I think the fact that the team isn't putting in enough of an effort to not get blown out by one of the worst teams in the league is indicative of a more pervasive and insidious problem than simply a lack of talent.

Wasn't it just confirmed a few days ago by Woj that Danny hasn't been able to fetch not even a measly first round pick for Ray or KG?

"Blow it up" how? No one is even offering anything of value whatsoever for them.  So they are here to stay, nnless we just want to cut them.

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 08:49:01 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
That may be true, but I wouldn't draw too many conclusions when we're playing without our two best big men.

But yes, unless we can play our way up to at least a 6th seed, we're probably losing in the 1st round.

Best to play out the season and try to use our cap space

It's not just that they'll lose in the first round -- it's that, at this rate, it will be utterly embarrassing.  Again, I point at the 08-09 Detroit Pistons. 

I'd rather Danny make any move he can to blow up this team and have them tank for the rest of the regular season rather than watch them fizzle out like that Pistons squad did.  They don't deserve to end like that.

As far as games without our best players are concerned, I think the fact that the team isn't putting in enough of an effort to not get blown out by one of the worst teams in the league is indicative of a more pervasive and insidious problem than simply a lack of talent.

Wasn't it just confirmed a few days ago by Woj that Danny hasn't been able to fetch not even a measly first round pick for Ray or KG?

"Blow it up" how? No one is even offering anything of value whatsoever for them.  So they are here to stay, nnless we just want to cut them.

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 08:49:44 PM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
This team suddenly looks like it's all caught up with them.  Face it...we stink.

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 08:50:45 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
I'd rest Ray and Pierce against Dallas if Rondo and KG will be out anyway.

Screw it.

Time to develop the assets.

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 08:51:10 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
30 games in on a fairly easy schedule we're right at 500. I don't understand how we could've fallen this far in just one off-season, extended or not. I expected this team to struggle against the top teams, but not everybody. It's truly maddening.

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 08:51:35 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

"Blow it up" how? No one is even offering anything of value whatsoever for them.  So they are here to stay, unless we just want to cut them.

Why would cutting either player even be in the equation? Rondo and Pierce can fetch something pretty good, but I think the Celts are just better off doing nothing unless if something comes along that just absolutely bowls them over.

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 08:51:54 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
this core of players has no distance left to run

Blur-No Distance Left To Run

YOUTUBE IT !

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2012, 08:52:03 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
For this season , yes we are cooked .  We'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

There is going to be ALOT suffering as Celtic fan over the next 24 months i predict.

We'd have to sink pretty low to not make the playoffs.  There's a very low bar set in the East.

is losing to the pistons twice in one week pretty low?
at this point i do not think we make the playoff.

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2012, 08:53:17 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!

I think let it die is more reasonable than blowing it up. Rondo, Pierce, Ray, and Bass are the only tradeable assets.

The C's are in year five of a three year plan. Their play isn't that surprising if you think about it.

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2012, 08:54:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Its sad situation .   I beginning to feel the Bobcats pain.

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2012, 09:01:45 PM »

Offline birdbrady

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 74

I think let it die is more reasonable than blowing it up. Rondo, Pierce, Ray, and Bass are the only tradeable assets.

The C's are in year five of a three year plan. Their play isn't that surprising if you think about it.

I agree.  Rondo, Pierce, Ray and Bass (and throw JJJ in there too) are the players that have *any* value, as opposed to guys like KG, JO, Etwaun Moore who have either no value or negative value.

You are right.  This is Year 5 of a three year plan.  However, it's ending this year.  Unless there's a deal on the table right now that will make us better for the future - then that's one thing.  And as we have seen with Danny, he is going to make that deal 100 times out of 100.  So don't worry about things like that.  These guys, esp Ray, KG, Pierce and yes, even Rondo - have given it their all here the last four years in trying to win the Celtics championships.  They deserve to be treated with some respect, and they don't have to be benched, or bought out, so the team can squeak into the back end of the lottery where we'd have a 0.1% chance of getting the #1 pick.  If we can trade them for something that will make us better, great.  We'd like it.  And I know Ainge would do that.   But it's not on the table.  No team is offering expiring's + one measly, stinkin' first for KG or Ray.  Pierce and Rondo deals can wait till the offseason where it's easier to make a more sensible trade.

The people crying now, over some random regular season loss that means nothing in the grand scheme of things are just reactionary morons that just want to see something.  It's "I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DO - JUST DO SOMETHING!!!" Thankfully, those people aren't running the team, and are just pounding away on their keyboards on a Sunday night.

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2012, 09:02:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Roy rescued the thread like a Boss! But WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN!!!!

Yeah, sorry about that folks.  It's been taken care of.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2012, 09:05:25 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

Awww come on man I was eating some chicken alfredo!!!  ;)
I like Marcus Smart