Author Topic: Danny says JO should play next Thursday at San Antonio  (Read 8328 times)

Re: Danny says JO should play next Thursday at San Antonio
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 05:34:03 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I'm really excited to see JO come back so I hope there won't be any setback once he plays again, and that he can finds some game shape quickly.

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 05:34:28 PM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
I worked late last night and I don't get to see all the Celtic games, since I live in NY, but based on pure statistics, I think we can sacrifice some interior defense if we can just score more buckets and get to the foul line.  When was the last time the Celts topped 100 points?  Even against the atrocious Knick defense, they only scored 96.  They only gave up 90 points last night and still lost.

Unfortunately, I think our problem is on offense, not defense.  A healthy Shaq can help there, but Rondo needs to get aggressive.

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 05:37:55 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I worked late last night and I don't get to see all the Celtic games, since I live in NY, but based on pure statistics, I think we can sacrifice some interior defense if we can just score more buckets and get to the foul line.  When was the last time the Celts topped 100 points?  Even against the atrocious Knick defense, they only scored 96.  They only gave up 90 points last night and still lost.

Unfortunately, I think our problem is on offense, not defense.  A healthy Shaq can help there, but Rondo needs to get aggressive.

I think you are forgetting that Shaq and JO are very good screeners so it will help our offense too. I've noticed that Ray has a lot of trouble getting open these days. Partly due to fatigue/lack of effort (maybe?) and partly because Krstic and Baby's screens aren't as good as Shaq's or JO's.

As for the offense I'm honestly not worried. I think the starters are just pacing themselves and taking a lot of plays "off" but they will improve in the playoffs.

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 05:38:44 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
JO on a recovering leg is better then a healthy Krstic.

Krstics lack of defense is really aggrivating, I would rather have JO score 0 points, but provide excellent interior defense and shot blocking then have Krstic out there.

I cant take much more off seeing Krstic on the court, its bad for my health.

Is Jermaine 40lbs overweight in lifelong rehab better than a healthy Krstic?

These fantasyland scenarios that bring somebody who plays when he feels like playing suddenly becoming a vital cog on this team is loco.

Your disdain for some players like LeBron, Nash and Jermaine is crystal clear...but the fact remains that a healthy JO (and he is getting there very soon) is a vital piece to the puzzle called Banner 18...refusing to acknowledge that is "loco".

And he has lost 12 pounds during this rehab...where did you come with "40 pounds" overweight? Is it your blind hatred that packs on the pounds on the players you don't like?

I'm mad at JO for missing all these games too...but I also know that when healthy he is a darn good presence on the defensive end.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 05:41:46 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Krstics lack of defense is really aggrivating, I would rather have JO score 0 points, but provide excellent interior defense and shot blocking then have Krstic out there.

These fantasyland scenarios that bring somebody who plays when he feels like playing suddenly becoming a vital cog on this team is loco.

Not that I believe him, but Danny, of course, said Jermaine "looks great" and that he has lost 13 pounds.

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 05:43:20 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Seems like the season could come down to JO, cause this doesn't sound good for Shaq:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6255067

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 05:46:40 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

I dont understand what your trying to say.

I brought up the fact that JO is better then Krstic and you are obviously disagreeing.

In what way is Krstic better then JO?

One earns his paycheck.  The other collects his.

Your right.

Forget Shaq and JO.

I want Krstic starting for the rest of the year including the playoffs.

Championship here we come!!!

What's your point?  Is O'Neal better than Krstic?  Well, not from the bench or his house.  

He'll be ions better than Krstic next season when he has something to play for.

And he has lost 12 pounds during this rehab...where did you come with "40 pounds" overweight? Is it your blind hatred that packs on the pounds on the players you don't like?

I obviously was watching those few minutes he graced us with his presence on the court on wide-wide screen.  Has he looked in shape to you at all this season?

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 05:47:52 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
ill believe it when i see it.
Greg

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 06:26:54 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32

I dont understand what your trying to say.

I brought up the fact that JO is better then Krstic and you are obviously disagreeing.

In what way is Krstic better then JO?

One earns his paycheck.  The other collects his.

Your right.

Forget Shaq and JO.

I want Krstic starting for the rest of the year including the playoffs.

Championship here we come!!!

What's your point?  Is O'Neal better than Krstic?  Well, not from the bench or his house.  

He'll be ions better than Krstic next season when he has something to play for.

I obviously was watching those few minutes he graced us with his presence on the court on wide-wide screen.  Has he looked in shape to you at all this season?

He lost 12 pounds in the rehab AFTER he had surgery. Danny actually has an expected date for JO now, went to Chicago to see JO, and said JO seems fine. No swelling in 3 weeks? I'm not sure how that's not encouraging. It actually seems more encouraging than Shaq at this point, believe it or not. Sherrod says might have to wear a boot for the rest of the season when he's not in games. (So basically, take boot off, play game, put boot back on ASAP) And, apparently Shaq needed a cortisone shot on Tuesday; it doesn't like JO will need that.

Like already mentioned, your general disdain for JO is obvious, but he will be back this season, so just live with it, please.

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 08:12:05 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Based on last night's game I'd say that Doc agrees with you. The clips of Doc slumping into his chair or putting his hand over his face and shaking his head after a Krstic screw-up were priceless.

Yea, last night was clearly the last straw, I think after the game he immediately wanted to know the status of JO and Shaq and forced Dannys hand at wanting them back sooner.

You could tell Doc has had it with Krstic, the fact that Doc has been forced to start him must be infuriating, considering players as bad as him are usually buried deep on the bench.

I dont recall us having these problems with Semih. Doc was actually happy with Semih.

deep in the bench?
He started on the team that almost beat the Lakers in a 7 game series the year they beat us for all the peanuts.
If you want people to consider your opinions then at least be realistic bro.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 08:18:12 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Getting JO back would be huge. We need a better defensive option at C.

Agreed. I suppose this is an obvious statement, but if I could choose a healthy, reliable JO over a similar Shaq for the playoff run, I'd do so in a heartbeat.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136

Based on last night's game I'd say that Doc agrees with you. The clips of Doc slumping into his chair or putting his hand over his face and shaking his head after a Krstic screw-up were priceless.

Yea, last night was clearly the last straw, I think after the game he immediately wanted to know the status of JO and Shaq and forced Dannys hand at wanting them back sooner.

You could tell Doc has had it with Krstic, the fact that Doc has been forced to start him must be infuriating, considering players as bad as him are usually buried deep on the bench.

I dont recall us having these problems with Semih. Doc was actually happy with Semih.

deep in the bench?
He started on the team that almost beat the Lakers in a 7 game series the year they beat us for all the peanuts.

Krstic started on the Thunder because their center rotation is worse then the Miami Heats.

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 09:01:10 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

deep in the bench?

Chuckle. Good points, one and all. TP.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 09:26:34 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

deep in the bench?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 09:46:14 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198

deep in the bench?

Krstic started on the Thunder because their center rotation is worse then the Miami Heats.

Honestly, I feel Kristic is not as bad as people make him out to be. If you see the recent games, the Big 4 and giving him the ball in horrible positions, like passing it to him when he's being doubled with 3 seconds on the shot clock. I'm not saying he's a great player, but he can be really effective if they play him right