Author Topic: Celtics Sign Trevion Williams  (Read 8412 times)

Re: Celtics Sign Trevion Williams
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2022, 05:04:45 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
We could use a situational center that can body up Embiid and Lopez.

Trevion is a Wendell Carter Jr. sized big. Even if he’s too slow for defense outside of the paint, we still need someone that can keep the really big centers from playing bully ball down low. It looks like he has enough rebounding and low post skill to make them work at the other end. If  he can hold his position and keep them away from the basket he could have a role, even if it’s a limited one.
geez, i am rooting for this guy, but let's see if he even makes the celtics roster before tasking him with stopping nba all stars.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2022, 05:13:20 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Trevion is a Wendell Carter Jr. sized big. Even if he’s too slow for defense outside of the paint, we still need someone that can keep the really big centers from playing bully ball down low. It looks like he has enough rebounding and low post skill to make them work at the other end. If  he can hold his position and keep them away from the basket he could have a role, even if it’s a limited one.
geez, i am rooting for this guy, but let's see if he even makes the celtics roster before tasking him with stopping nba all stars.

Yeah, anyone wanting an undrafted rookie to contribute against starters deep in the playoffs is asking to be very disappointed.

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2022, 05:49:35 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
It might be fun to send him out against Embiid for a few minutes in a November or December game, see what happens. He can’t be much worse than Kanter. Though, most likely, he never makes the team.

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2022, 05:57:27 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2022, 06:51:55 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
Really solid write up:

https://www.basketballnews.com/stories/trevion-williams-thinking-outside-the-box
thanks and a tp for the link.

yes, based on that video, TW can most certainly pass a basketball very, very well. perhaps Udoka can find a role for him on the second unit?

this is going to be a fun summer league. legends will be made...as they always are.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2022, 07:08:38 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91

Yeah, anyone wanting an undrafted rookie to contribute against starters deep in the playoffs is asking to be very disappointed.

To even make the team he will need to fulfill a role. What role could he fill if not “big body off the bench?” No need to swing 180 degrees opposite of what I said.

If he makes the team he’s got 11 months to learn how to contribute before the playoffs. Against starters or otherwise.

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2022, 07:09:32 PM »

Offline wikkid1

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
Every pass I saw was cross court through like 8 guys. We already have guys that do that Jason and company. Trevion's passes were a little stronger than we are used to seeing but there is nothing I dislike more than forcing a pass from one side of court to the other.

He is a lot better passer than Tatum.   I would would put forth the argument that you really have not seen much of him at all have you?   From your comments this is very easy to discern.  He hits cutters really well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsK2QBtM6pk

This kid's passing is almost on a Larry or  Joker level of skill.   The rest of his game is not, but he can dish.
https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/32757335

Waiting to see what he does summer league.  He has lost a lot of weight and is working hard on his body.  He's a long shot but he has a good handle, good rebounding skills and he is a superb passer.     He may not be a NBA level athlete though, and we will see.

You had me at “good handle.”

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2022, 08:06:08 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I think this is a great undrafted rookie signing.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2022, 08:54:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Simply a HOF er in the making  ;D

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2022, 10:13:23 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
So don't know if he's guaranteed or not basically right

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2022, 10:21:28 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
It might be fun to send him out against Embiid for a few minutes in a November or December game, see what happens. He can’t be much worse than Kanter. Though, most likely, he never makes the team.
An overweight, 6'9" undrafted rookie whose defense is considered his weakness....giddyup. Let him at Embid.

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2022, 10:40:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I find it hilarious that a few of the posters getting really super excited about this Trevion Williams signing and the Davidson pick are some of the same people that complained about our inexperienced/bad bench and how it cost the Celtics last year. 

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2022, 10:45:10 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I find it hilarious that a few of the posters getting really super excited about this Trevion Williams signing and the Davidson pick are some of the same people that complained about our inexperienced/bad bench and how it cost the Celtics last year.

There's not much else going on and I always get over excited about young guys before summer league. I rather have 15 vets going into next year and sign Davinson to a two way contract. I still enjoy the promise of the summer league. My main beef was Ime not playing the bench all year. I really hope and hope now that we can have at least 10 guys that Ime trusts to play next year.

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2022, 11:04:38 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
Simply a HOF er in the making  ;D
maybe he will enter the same year as JD.  ;D
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2022, 02:32:30 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I think it's excitement that these additions will be complemented by one or two veteran signings.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)