Author Topic: Could the Fakers make a play for Smart?  (Read 1970 times)

Could the Fakers make a play for Smart?
« on: July 01, 2018, 10:54:51 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I certainly hope not, but Bron Bron is definitely a fan.

Stephenson’s signing and the pursuit of Kawhi made me think this could be a possibility.

Players that play James tough and play tough D seem to be on the wish list.

Do the Lakers have the cap space and inclination to squeeze us with an  offer of that is prohibitive to match?

Re: Could the Fakers make a play for Smart?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 10:58:20 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Now that LeBron has definitively left the East, I could see the ownership group heading into the luxury tax.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 10:58:21 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Not likely.  They probably can’t make an offer Boston wouldn’t match.  And even if they tried their best, that would mean first renouncing Randle.  If Boston matched, they’d still have lost their restricted rights on Randle, so it would be lose-lose for them.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 11:01:16 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Not likely.  They probably can’t make an offer Boston wouldn’t match.  And even if they tried their best, that would mean first renouncing Randle.  If Boston matched, they’d still have lost their restricted rights on Randle, so it would be lose-lose for them.

TP, thanks for the cap insight.

Love Smart and it would kill me if he were playing for that privileged, pretentious team and their fans.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 11:08:10 PM »

Offline Kevins Gamble

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21

Jiminy Christmas...I can't tell what's more incredible:  How unbelievably convoluted they've made the NBA salary cap structure or how deep saltlover's knowledge is of even the smallest cap conditions.
TP my man
"AAAAAHAHAAAAHHAAA....take that with your beard....AAAAHHHHAAHHHAAHHAAH..YAAAHHHAHAHAH!!!"
- Cedric Maxwell, Esq

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 11:08:56 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Why bother when, as you said, they just signed Stephenson? I'm much more concerned about the possibility of the Lakers getting Bradley and Howard, but what becomes of Lonzo, at this point, assuming that Lance becomes LA's 6th man. *facepalm*

Somewhere, Bird be like (couldn't decide as to which gif to use so I'm posting all of them ;D) -

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 11:09:26 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
They wont. They'll be saving money for kahwi and if they miss out on him, they'll be waiting for klay next year

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 11:11:03 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Are they even interested in keeping Randle, though? 

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 11:13:33 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Nope.

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2018, 11:28:29 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

TP, thanks for the cap insight.

Love Smart and it would kill me if he were playing for that privileged, pretentious team and their fans.

Speaking of which, check this out -

Not sure as to whether or not this is the right thread, but you guys need to see this :o -

https://twitter.com/tony__huynh/status/1013621456687620096?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

#YouCannotMakeThisStuffUp ::)

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2018, 11:41:06 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Why bother when, as you said, they just signed Stephenson? I'm much more concerned about the possibility of the Lakers getting Bradley and Howard, but what becomes of Lonzo, at this point, assuming that Lance becomes LA's 6th man. *facepalm*

Somewhere, Bird be like (couldn't decide as to which gif to use so I'm posting all of them ;D) -

Bradley would be the perfect point guard next to LeBron.