Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 202530 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #645 on: December 10, 2018, 05:03:59 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Craptors lost...Bucks gained though.

Does anyone else feel that we are atleast a notch above both teams?...

atleast the way the cs are playing now I suppose.

I think we've got better overall depth than MIL so we're above them.

TOR is still the team to beat in the East though. They've got great depth too.

I’m not so sure TOR is the team to beat. I’m not sure any team has emerged above the rest.

Toronto is our biggest threat though. But still, I’d favor our elite talent over theirs. They have the best player but we may have the next 4. By season end, Tatum could.should be better than Lowry.

We've already beaten the Raptors this season when we were far from our best. The Bucks however I am still worried about. We need to see how we match up against them this season.

Honestly, I don’t see what matchup we don’t have an answer for. We are so versatile and have so many options that in a long series I trust Brad to negate whatever perceived advantage they could have (which is only Giannis, who we know how to neutralize). We beat them without our two best players (and Mr. +50) last season. And they lost Parker who hurt us in a couple games. Lopez and Hill aren’t going to close the gap.

Regular season is one thing, any team can beat any team. But in a series, I don’t see a tougher team for us in the East than Toronto.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #646 on: December 10, 2018, 07:11:46 AM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27

I think we've got better overall depth than MIL so we're above them.

TOR is still the team to beat in the East though. They've got great depth too.

I’m not so sure TOR is the team to beat. I’m not sure any team has emerged above the rest.

Toronto is our biggest threat though. But still, I’d favor our elite talent over theirs. They have the best player but we may have the next 4. By season end, Tatum could.should be better than Lowry.

We've already beaten the Raptors this season when we were far from our best. The Bucks however I am still worried about. We need to see how we match up against them this season.

Apparently Baynes and Ojeley are the ultimate Giannis killers

« Reply #647 on: December 10, 2018, 07:25:00 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Actually they are not but he can't beat the Celtics all by himself

« Reply #648 on: December 10, 2018, 08:07:55 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Actually they are not but he can't beat the Celtics all by himself

I'm very interested to see how Brad handles the rotation against the Bucks later this month.  Semi got the start in the previous game, but the team wasn't completely healthy.  I expect Semi to get a minimum of 15 MPG.  Nobody on the Celtics has a better combination of strength and lateral quickness in a match-up against Giannis.  Giannis loves to establish downhill momentum from the perimeter.  Semi does a solid job of making every drive difficult.

« Reply #649 on: December 10, 2018, 02:09:07 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
As of today, per bball-ref, the top 3 teams in the league in point differential are all in the East: the Bucks (+9.4), the Raptors (+7.9), and the Celtics (+7.4). The Thunder are 4th (+6.6), followed by the Nuggets (+6.4), and the Warriors sit in 6th place (+5.8 ) as they've struggled with injuries.

You just named the teams who (imo) have a (outside) chance to win the championship. TP. My order of favorites:

1. Warriors
2. Raptors
3. Celtics
4. Bucks
5. Thunder
6. Nuggets

Furthermore I would only mention the Rockets if they can turn it around (right now they play terrible) or the Lakers if they make a massive trade.

« Reply #650 on: December 10, 2018, 02:17:39 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff

The Bucks announcers have a different view. They are always (not just last night) speculating about the upcoming Conference Finals between the two best teams in the East: Toronto and Milwaukee.

They really believe that the winner of the East is going to be decided in the match-up Leonard-Antetokounmpo. They don't even mention Boston as a possibility, which I think is disrespectful.

« Reply #651 on: December 10, 2018, 02:21:00 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904

The Bucks announcers have a different view. They are always (not just last night) speculating about the upcoming Conference Finals between the two best teams in the East: Toronto and Milwaukee.

They really believe that the winner of the East is going to be decided in the match-up Leonard-Antetokounmpo. They don't even mention Boston as a possibility, which I think is disrespectful.

Especially given that we beat them last year without our two best players, who are now back and finally now rounding into shape.

To be fair, Milwaukee has also attained more talent since then, but any objective analysis clearly favors the Celtics in terms of talent attained from when the two teams met in the playoffs.

And all that is not even mentioning the fact  that the Bucks’ hot start to the season and the Celtics’ mediocre start to the season has only put them two games ahead of us in the loss column, which is pretty telling given how poor we’ve started the season.

« Reply #652 on: December 10, 2018, 02:52:36 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff

Especially given that we beat them last year without our two best players, who are now back and finally now rounding into shape.

To be fair, Milwaukee has also attained more talent since then, but any objective analysis clearly favors the Celtics in terms of talent attained from when the two teams met in the playoffs.

And all that is not even mentioning the fact  that the Bucks’ hot start to the season and the Celtics’ mediocre start to the season has only put them two games ahead of us in the loss column, which is pretty telling given how poor we’ve started the season.

They see the Bucks as a totally different team now Budenholzer is running it. Yesterday they called their upcoming reign with Antetokounmpo something as: ,,Fans, get ready for the ride the next 7 years and it ain't going to be bumpy.''

They also named Antetokounmpo the most dominating player in the paint ever.

« Reply #653 on: December 10, 2018, 07:25:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Stinks griffin, Johnson and smith are out tonight. These 76ers pistons games have been entertaining with the teams in the first few matchups. Griffin scored something like 50 in a pistons win the first game. Then the 76ers returned the favor with embiid out. Our game is missing a lot of star power tonight too

« Reply #654 on: December 10, 2018, 07:33:33 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736

They see the Bucks as a totally different team now Budenholzer is running it. Yesterday they called their upcoming reign with Antetokounmpo something as: ,,Fans, get ready for the ride the next 7 years and it ain't going to be bumpy.''

I wonder what he would've looked like in the 90's. With old defense rules, he'd have to be played straight-up more or double teamed and he's an excellent passer. He could've destroyed teams.

On the other hand, there would've been more, bigger players hanging around the rim to give him trouble.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #655 on: December 10, 2018, 07:37:14 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
No wall tonight. Wonder how the wizards will look without him. I am still surprised they have not blown that team up yet

« Reply #656 on: December 10, 2018, 10:17:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I wonder what he would've looked like in the 90's. With old defense rules, he'd have to be played straight-up more or double teamed and he's an excellent passer. He could've destroyed teams.

On the other hand, there would've been more, bigger players hanging around the rim to give him trouble.
Giannis would have been absolutely hammered whenever he went into the paint and would never have gotten so many ticky tack fouls called his way. Also, his traveling antics would be called.

Maybe he would still be a freak and absolutely great. But he would need to get a lot tougher, that's for sure.

« Reply #657 on: December 10, 2018, 10:44:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
The Bulls stink.

« Reply #658 on: December 10, 2018, 10:44:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
Lonzo with a terrible blown open layup!

It's going to be a highlight....

« Reply #659 on: December 10, 2018, 10:45:10 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532

Giannis would have been absolutely hammered whenever he went into the paint and would never have gotten so many ticky tack fouls called his way. Also, his traveling antics would be called.

Maybe he would still be a freak and absolutely great. But he would need to get a lot tougher, that's for sure.
I mean could you imagine the old style players actually trying to guard him.  I mean seriously who the heck could have guarded him in the 80's.  I mean that seriously.  He is too big and strong for a normal 80's SF, and he is way too fast and athletic for a normal 90's PF.  I suppose Rodman would have made him work, but there really aren't many players in that era that would have had any real shot at guarding him.  So sure, he wasn't strong enough to play down low, but it wouldn't have mattered as no one could guard him. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip