Author Topic: (Weak / bogus source): Cavs discussing trade for Cousins with BKN pick+Shumpert  (Read 31870 times)

Re: Cavaliers discussing trade for Cousins with BKN pick+Shumpert
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2017, 02:11:33 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
This doesn't make any sense and doesn't really seem possible. They didn't give holiday 30 million a year to immediately be on a rebuild. Cousins makes 7 million more than shumpert so deal doesn't seem to work with out more pieces. Think just a made up rumor we fell for.
yeah, i saw somewhere that a shumpert, frye and the pick works just fine

Ok but the signing of holiday to 150 million contract and then pivoting to a rebuild before a game is played? It doesn't even make business sense. We are better than these fake rumors from
Teotter
i agree, i'm not saying that i bought it...the pelicants, if they really wanna trade him(and they don't), can get a much better deal, it is not a fire sale(yet)
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
If the Pelicans season does not go well -- and I expect it will not -- then I can see this trade being on the table at the trade deadline in February. I doubt anyone else will be willing to top it given Cousins' impending FA status.

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
We better get used to this, because as long as Cleveland has that pick they're gonna be connected to every trade rumor in the league, just like we've been. Here's hoping they hold onto it all year.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
If the Pelicans season does not go well -- and I expect it will not -- then I can see this trade being on the table at the trade deadline in February. I doubt anyone else will be willing to top it given Cousins' impending FA status.

I have a tough time believing Cleveland would put that pick on the table for a half season of Cousins, but I also thought there was no chance it'd be available for Kyrie Irving.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

I have a tough time believing Cleveland would put that pick on the table for a half season of Cousins, but I also thought there was no chance it'd be available for Kyrie Irving.
it would not happen for 2 reasons:

1. Demarcus cousins value whether he has 3 years left or 1 month left is terrible , and has not changed positively since being traded. He was traded for a 2nd rounder, he isn't worth a lottery pick after 4 months of being traded for a 2nd rounder. Player values don't work like that

2. He is expiring contract. Rentals don't go for a lot

This is how we know the rumor is BS.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

it would not happen for 2 reasons:

1. Demarcus cousins value whether he has 3 years left or 1 month left is terrible , and has not changed positively since being traded. He was traded for a 2nd rounder, he isn't worth a lottery pick after 4 months of being traded for a 2nd rounder. Player values don't work like that

2. He is expiring contract. Rentals don't go for a lot

This is how we know the rumor is BS.

What?! He was traded for the #6 pick in 2016 and #10 in 2017.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Perfect, the Cavs go all in and trade the pick for a player that will NEVER stay in Cleveland. That would be Mr. Cousins.

While LBJ goes to LA, and plays out his final contract, then retires and then swoops in to buy the floundering Cavs franchise. Perfect.