Author Topic: (Weak / bogus source): Cavs discussing trade for Cousins with BKN pick+Shumpert  (Read 31866 times)

Re: Cavaliers discussing trade for Cousins with BKN pick+Shumpert
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2017, 11:41:31 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Nothing here... At all. Bogus source looking for followers. I saw this yesterday as soon as it was retweeted and refused to post this nonsense here.
yup. This

Yea we should have this relabeled to "fan trade idea" cause current title is inaccurate.

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2017, 12:17:54 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Why wouldn't they have just dealt Kyrie for Cousins?

Seems like a better deal for the pelicans that want to win now....

Because IT+Crowder+Zizic+Cousins is better than Shumpert+Cousins

Note bolded text

Why the Pelicans would do it is a whole different story.  Kyrie isn't available, and they didn't have enough to get him when he was
I'm bitter.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It's a nonsense report, but if the Cavs could pull it off I'd like them more than the Dubs. Figure for salaries the deal is Shump + Frye.

Cousins / Thompson / Zizic
Love / Green
Crowder / Jefferson / Osman
IT / Smith / Korver
Lebron / Rose / Calderon

Too bad they'd have Lue coaching.

But, unless Gilbert sells the team in the next couple months, this won't happen.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Lol at the title update

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2017, 12:21:45 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
If this deal goes through it just may open the door for a Al Horford, Jayson Tatum and the LAL pick, if it qualifies for this year, being dealt for the Brow, if he asks to be traded after the season.
Al will have 3 years left but he's still got some game left for sure. The Brooklyn pick, Tatum and LAL pick will be a good get for NOLA to start another re-build. (edit: I understand we'd likely have to add a T. Rozier/M. Smart or/and one of the up and coming youngsters.....or a 2nd rounder we don't have until 2023 :)
The timing couldn't be perfect if something like this happens.
We'd be the Kings of the North with a shot at the NBA throne.

If it's after this season Al will only have two seasons left.

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I am still waiting for that Chris Broussard image.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2017, 12:26:37 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Wow I actually thought of this trade yesterday.

Not this exact trade, but Thompson BKN pick for Cousins.

This would make Cleveland favorites against GSW again.

No it wouldn't
If Cousins fits in well and IT is healthy, it would.  IT, Smith, Lebron, Love, Cousins is a nasty staring lineup.  Lots of scoring to relieve Lebron's offensive load.  Lots of shooters to keep the lane clear for IT and Lebron drives.  How does GSW guard Cousins with that lineup?  Add Crowder off the bench to relieve Lebron's defensive load.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I don't see how cousins fits. Lebron played with prime Shaq and couldn't get it done. I don't see how playing with another ball dominant center changes anything for the better

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't see how cousins fits. Lebron played with prime Shaq and couldn't get it done. I don't see how playing with another ball dominant center changes anything for the better

"Prime Shaq"?

Do you even attempt to back up your points? You mean "37 year old, one year away from injury-forced retirement" Shaq?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Are there any reports that aren't fan sourced to back this up?  The only legit thing I've seen is that the Pels were interested in Shumpert and somehow, we're here now. I don't buy it. Pelicans are going all in on this experiment and won't deal DMC until the deadline and that's only if the first half of the season is a flaming pile of garbage.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:52:34 PM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
There would be a certain hilariousness to Bron, Cousins, JR Smith, Crowder, and IT on the same team.

There'd have to be a strict no guns policy.  Would that team set the tattoo record?

Poor Zizic.

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
This would be a wild overpay for Cousins. He is an expiring contract and the BKN pick is a potential star with up to 8 year team control. This is not even a fan theory/rumor. It's just nonsense.

Even with shumpert being negative value on his contract this is ridiculous. No way they deal the BKN pick for anything other than a young star on a multi-year deal. Think KP or better.

Online jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If we are pretending this is legit (very far-fetched), it would give the Cavs one great opportunity at a championship this year, but they absolutely couldn't keep this team together next season. They are already well into the luxury tax, can you imagine Cousins with a $15M/yr increase and IT with a $20M/yr increase? That would be an insane penalty!

It also has all the makings of a BKN 2013-14 go-for-it situation with KG and PP, except for in this instance, half of the Cavs roster would be insane. If/when it blew up, the Cavs would be left with nothing and NOP would hold a very valuable pick (plus Shumpert).

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

"Prime Shaq"?

Do you even attempt to back up your points? You mean "37 year old, one year away from injury-forced retirement" Shaq?

In his defense, it was only really like 8 years past his prime.  LOL Prime Shaq. 

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

"Prime Shaq"?

In his defense, it was only really like 8 years past his prime.  LOL Prime Shaq.
slightly past prime shaq. Fair?