Author Topic: (Weak / bogus source): Cavs discussing trade for Cousins with BKN pick+Shumpert  (Read 31874 times)

Re: Cavaliers discussing trade for Cousins with BKN pick+Shumpert
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2017, 10:51:21 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Superb decision. Cleveland should be shopping that Brooklyn pick hard for a 4th star.

Cousins would be a superb fit for the rest of their team. Give them more interior play. Something different to what Boston and Golden State have. Make Cleveland more difficult to matchup with. More of a threat.

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2017, 10:54:38 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Well, a healthy IT, Lebron, Crowder, Love, and a sane Cousins would definitely walk through us in the conference finals. But, the possibility of Cousins and Lebron clashing seems like a good chance as well. But, the talent would be insane. Who would even get a rebound from our team vs Cousins and Love? That team could challenge the warriors if somehow they figured out how to get most of Cousins and have him buy into a system that Kyrie fled. If somehow Cousins fit in with that squad, it could change Lebron from leaving if they beat the Warriors. That lineup would be formidable for a few more years.

A healthy IT, Crowder, Zizic and Cousins is easily more valuable than Kyrie, and it is even close.There are a lot of what if's though with those players.

This is the exact type of trade I could see happening though. Whatever Lebron wants, Lebron gets and if he doesn't, or is unhappy, he cries and bolts.

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2017, 10:56:10 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 607
Why wouldn't they have just dealt Kyrie for Cousins?

Seems like a better deal for the pelicans that want to win now....

Because IT+Crowder+Zizic+Cousins is better than Shumpert+Cousins

Note bolded text

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2017, 10:56:51 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Wow I actually thought of this trade yesterday.

Not this exact trade, but Thompson BKN pick for Cousins.

This would make Cleveland favorites against GSW again.

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2017, 10:57:38 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
It's worth noting that if the Pelicans trade Cousins for a pick, Davis is probably the next to go, and his most likely destination would be the Celtics.

If the Pelicans wanted to start rebuilding, it was worth their while to wait until Cleveland traded for the Brooklyn pick to trade Cousins. The Celtics had the two most valuable first round draft picks in the league, and there was no way that NO was getting both. Now, they can trade Cousins for Brooklyn and AD for LA and prospect(s), rather than selling AD for one and getting a poor return for Cousins.

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2017, 10:57:44 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
This would be really bad for the Celtics as well it might keep Lebron in Cleveland.

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2017, 10:58:18 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
This doesn't make any sense and doesn't really seem possible. They didn't give holiday 30 million a year to immediately be on a rebuild. Cousins makes 7 million more than shumpert so deal doesn't seem to work with out more pieces. Think just a made up rumor we fell for.
yeah, i saw somewhere that a shumpert, frye and the pick works just fine

Ok but the signing of holiday to 150 million contract and then pivoting to a rebuild before a game is played? It doesn't even make business sense. We are better than these fake rumors from
Teotter

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2017, 10:58:28 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
My thoughts on this:
1. If the Cavs were willing to do this without signing Boogie to an extension they would be fools.
2. It would be pretty satisfying for the cave to watch Lebron Boogie and Isaiah walk after the season
3. I don't see how cousins Thompson and love fit so I think you would have to trade love or Thompson in another deal.
4. If Nola trades cousins they might as well trade Davis too.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2017, 11:03:42 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
My thoughts on this:
1. If the Cavs were willing to do this without signing Boogie to an extension they would be fools.
2. It would be pretty satisfying for the cave to watch Lebron Boogie and Isaiah walk after the season
3. I don't see how cousins Thompson and love fit so I think you would have to trade love or Thompson in another deal.

Disagree. Cleveland should go all-in for one last run at a Championship.

They can start all over again afterwards. An extra year rebuilding is well worth a shot at a title.

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2017, 11:11:39 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
My thoughts on this:

It's a win win for Cleveland. If it works out you get a championship and the guys probably resign. If doesn't work, they leave you clear your cap almost immediately and you get a fresh start. If I were the Cavs GM I would absolutely sacrifice the Brooklyn Pick for the current contender. This current cavs team is a bird in hand, there future and the pick is in the bush.

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2017, 11:11:43 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
its probably their response to Lebron throwing a fit after the Kyrie trade. The front office must be scrambling to get him a star player with the Nets pick before he demands to leave this season.
can't believe there's actually people on this board that want lebron on this team. Watch lebron demand another star then leave anyways leaving Cleveland with no one left but Kevin love

Cousins contract ends this year too

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2017, 11:13:48 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
My thoughts on this:

Disagree. Cleveland should go all-in for one last run at a Championship.

They can start all over again afterwards. An extra year rebuilding is well worth a shot at a title.

They've already traded away several of their future 1sts though. The Brooklyn pick was a way of making up for some of those lost picks for guys like Mozgov. Its a tough call, go all in and mortgage the future, or start rebuilding now. They've already seen how much of a crap shoot rebuilding through the draft is, so I dont blame them for going for it this year. Still, I guess it comes down to, do they really think they can beat GS?

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2017, 11:16:43 AM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
Nothing here... At all. Bogus source looking for followers. I saw this yesterday as soon as it was retweeted and refused to post this nonsense here.
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2017, 11:17:57 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Wow I actually thought of this trade yesterday.

Not this exact trade, but Thompson BKN pick for Cousins.

This would make Cleveland favorites against GSW again.

No it wouldn't

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2017, 11:23:08 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Nothing here... At all. Bogus source looking for followers. I saw this yesterday as soon as it was retweeted and refused to post this nonsense here.
yup. This