Author Topic: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread  (Read 608358 times)

Re: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread
« Reply #945 on: December 12, 2021, 11:33:49 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Jaylen is back for the Bucks, with little to no minutes restrictions.  Time for the C’s to start a nice winning streak!

« Reply #946 on: December 13, 2021, 08:25:47 AM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1772
Let's go Cs!
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #947 on: May 28, 2022, 01:15:53 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Reviving this because everyone has gone crazy again. Still think the team can win it. Anyone else think so, post here!  ;D

« Reply #948 on: May 28, 2022, 01:22:00 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
You all want to mope and give up? Well guess what I'm not, you can talk about bulliten board and all that nonsense but let me tell you something? Where was this stuff for the Heat in game's four and five? Why didn't they get motivated until now? Well guess what? This team can make the Finals and if I'm the only optimist left, then fine I'll be the only optimist because I'm sick of Celticsblog's stupid overreactions. It's pathetic you just throw your hats and go home already. It's not easy, they're young but this is a learning experience. You know what? I'm definitely for them on Sunday. Any optimists forget superstition and all that. Go out there and cheer on your team.

« Reply #949 on: May 28, 2022, 01:42:10 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
Game 7 one more game, another chance. That's what I think of game 7. The Celtics are down but they ARE NOT out. It'll sting, it'll hurt but you know what? The Heat did what they're supposed to do. The Celtics are still in this, they needed to hit tough shots but you know what, the Celtics were still on their heels. The Celtics can WIN this and I'm going to keep on saying it until they advance or lose. But they are not out, you all get out of your system and prepare for game 7 but KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE.  :)

« Reply #950 on: May 28, 2022, 01:51:56 AM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
As usual I will record the game and watch it if they win and delete it if they lose. A gimpy Butler who did NOTHING in games 3 and 4 all of a sudden becomes superman and scores 47 on the road in game 6 while Ime makes ZERO adjustments and lets gimpy Smart keep guarding him. No wonder why I record the games. lol

« Reply #951 on: May 28, 2022, 02:00:33 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
As usual I will record the game and watch it if they win and delete it if they lose. A gimpy Butler who did NOTHING in games 3 and 4 all of a sudden becomes superman and scores 47 on the road in game 6 while Ime makes ZERO adjustments and lets gimpy Smart keep guarding him. No wonder why I record the games. lol

This is the optimism thread my friend, please vent your frustrations in the appropriate thread. ;)

« Reply #952 on: May 28, 2022, 09:12:48 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59

You seem awesome. Can we be friends?

Butler gave us his best performance last night on the road. I’m expecting Tatum’s counter. Let’s go Celtics! No one (at least worth listening to) said this should be easy.

« Reply #953 on: May 28, 2022, 09:13:45 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59

Double post.

I’ll just reiterate that I love watching this team and these players. They have brought me a lot of joy this year. Thank you Celtics! Let’s get game 7!

« Reply #954 on: May 28, 2022, 12:30:41 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 123
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
I too am very bullish on these C's.   They are a good road team and Butler got it all of his system in game 6.  We will see who really wants it on Sunday.

Either way this year's team has been AMAZING! and great fun to watch and cheer on!

« Reply #955 on: May 28, 2022, 02:55:53 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
Good morning everyone! I hope people are still feeling optimistic!  ;D

« Reply #956 on: May 28, 2022, 03:17:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Good morning everyone! I hope people are still feeling optimistic!  ;D

Absolutely, because there's no way the C's can lose tonight! (Because there's no game)  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #957 on: May 29, 2022, 12:50:43 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
Good morning, everyone! Today is the game and I hope you all feel optimistic or at least cautious. Go and root for these Celtics to finally get over the hump and win! ;D

« Reply #958 on: May 29, 2022, 01:21:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Good morning, everyone! Today is the game and I hope you all feel optimistic or at least cautious. Go and root for these Celtics to finally get over the hump and win! ;D

I'm cautiously optimistic. I just can't imagine this team has another flat performance after Game 6. They rarely play two bad games in a row. Also, I feel bad for criticizing Horford in Game 6 since his grandfather had passed away before Game 6 (RIP  :( )

But I'd also be shocked if Horford had two terrible games in a row. Really think a lot of guys are going to bounceback tonight and hopefully Jaylen/Tatum are more aggressive for the whole game (not just 1 half)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #959 on: May 29, 2022, 01:29:01 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
LFG!!!!!