Author Topic: Time To Panic? I Think So  (Read 24964 times)

Re: Time To Panic? I Think So
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2023, 11:04:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yeah, I mean I think many of us have been saying this for awhile, but there can absolutely be no confidence in us winning a tough ECF or Finals type series with the current coaching staff. There's just simply no adjustments made in-games and an incredible lack of understanding of how to impact the game while it's ongoing.

People said at the beginning of the year that Joe would be more impactful and involved in the games in these spots once the games mattered more and we were closer to the playoffs... nope!

This honestly feels like the end of Brad's tenure as coach. We're better and have more overall talent, but the guys don't seem to respect Joe and play hard for him like they did for Ime. It's just a completely different team with much less overall character and heart.

He’s got a close bond with his players, but I’ve never seen a coach do less actual coaching in games.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2023, 11:05:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

If Brogdon or Rob played today, C’s win. Team can’t catch a break with the injuries this year. That’s the biggest problem.
do they though?  our starting lineup from last year hasn't exactly been setting the league on fire and Brogdon's games have been up and down lately

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2023, 11:05:42 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Cs really have not been a good team since we moved into 2023.

Defense is a real issue. They cannot guard quick players from getting to the rim.

Offense is too 3 heavy and the guys shooting them aren't consistent.

Effort is also an issue.

Coaching is not going to get them easy baskets or win them games

They are at best a 2 seed. Won't catch the bucks. Most likely going to get the Heat round one and that will be a slog that Boston allows the Heat to stay in

Not sure they are tough enough mentally to win it all.

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2023, 11:06:56 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
If Brogdon or Rob played today, C’s win. Team can’t catch a break with the injuries this year. That’s the biggest problem.

Yes and no.  The Knicks were playing without arguably their best player.

I think Randle is better, but Brunson is certainly no slouch. Apparently Quickley isn’t either. The C’s were not dealing with this many injuries last year. It’s been ridiculous this season.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2023, 11:08:03 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
It would be interesting to see how we’d do with a more experienced coach.

YES!

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2023, 11:11:45 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Cs problem is they are so slow going to the rim. they have no one that can get there and it allows defenses to collapse. Mitchell, Quickly, etc can get past guys and create in the lane. Cs do not have that.

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2023, 11:13:30 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003

Joe's in-game management is just atrocious.  I'm convinced we'd have the #1 seed with a better coach.

If you (referring to any general poster here) disagree, then I simply ask that you ask yourself this - is Joe getting the most out of the talent on our roster?  I think the answer is obvious.

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2023, 11:21:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Joe's in-game management is just atrocious.  I'm convinced we'd have the #1 seed with a better coach.

If you (referring to any general poster here) disagree, then I simply ask that you ask yourself this - is Joe getting the most out of the talent on our roster?  I think the answer is obvious.
I think a more-experienced coach would be worth about 4-5 more wins right now.  some of our losses weren't just questionable coaching or even coaching-related.  but I do think some of our losses could have been avoided with a coach that prioritized the defense like Ime did or had a better offensive philosophy that wasn't completely reliant on 3's or had better in-game management skills.

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2023, 11:28:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!

They’ll never catch a break if they are relying on Timelord tbh

Even after trading for Muscala there’s just not enough. They went into the season with Kornet, Griffin and Vonleh. Vonleh got traded and the other two are only fine for occasional mop up duty. But not high intensity games (playoffs)

Although I’d be more than willing to give Griffin some more minutes and see what he can do. He can hit some 3s too

Horford is having to do so much and play more because of Timelord’s injury issues but that’s not ideal with his age
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2023, 11:32:40 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273
joe adds no value whatsoever. the first half of this season was fool’s gold, as joe rode what ime built and the players were still feeding off the finals loss.

second half of the season is on joe and he’s proven to be an empty suit. face it, we have several talented prima donna’s who need a disciplinarian like ime to call them out and push them. without this type of leadership, they revert to their same bad behaviors. it took half a season for ime to beat the bad habits out of them that they displayed at the end of cbs’s tenure. it’s now taken half a season for joe’s lax style to allow the bad habits and prima donna mentality to return.

one silver lining: we are guaranteed to find out if brad really has the stones and killer instinct to be a great gm.

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2023, 11:34:35 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Cs problem is they are so slow going to the rim. they have no one that can get there and it allows defenses to collapse. Mitchell, Quickly, etc can get past guys and create in the lane. Cs do not have that.

that isn't really true, JB and D White both can do that.  honestly our gameplan should MAKE us do that more.

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2023, 12:47:33 AM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23

Yes and no.  The Knicks were playing without arguably their best player.

I think Randle is better, but Brunson is certainly no slouch. Apparently Quickley isn’t either. The C’s were not dealing with this many injuries last year. It’s been ridiculous this season.

The starting 5 has only played 10 games together this year.

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2023, 12:55:44 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Nah, no panic.  I just wish we had a better coach though.

I don't know why everyone's afraid of NY in the playoffs.  Fully healthy we're going to beat them in 6 games max.  Regular season results don't matter.

I don’t think we should assume that Boston will be fully healthy for the playoffs.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2023, 01:48:43 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

Realy? Cause I didn't see Brunson on the court.

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2023, 04:26:50 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
joe adds no value whatsoever. the first half of this season was fool’s gold, as joe rode what ime built and the players were still feeding off the finals loss.

second half of the season is on joe and he’s proven to be an empty suit. face it, we have several talented prima donna’s who need a disciplinarian like ime to call them out and push them. without this type of leadership, they revert to their same bad behaviors. it took half a season for ime to beat the bad habits out of them that they displayed at the end of cbs’s tenure. it’s now taken half a season for joe’s lax style to allow the bad habits and prima donna mentality to return.

one silver lining: we are guaranteed to find out if brad really has the stones and killer instinct to be a great gm.

Unfortunately, at this time I’m afraid I agree. You have earned your sad sad Tommy Point.

Edit - I do think we are watching Tatum transition from a bit of a prima donna to an all-time great. But he is still young and we will need more than 1 locked in stud player to win a championship.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07