Author Topic: Shams: Kyrie Traded to Mavs (Dinwiddie, DFS, #1)  (Read 28247 times)

Re: Shams: Kyrie Requests Trade
« Reply #180 on: February 04, 2023, 08:26:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Woj says the Clippers have also emerged as a frontrunner for Kyrie.

Mavs, Lakers, Clippers and Suns seem to be the four teams in on him

Clippers to me are very interesting. If Kyrie buys in and PG13+Kawhi can reign him in, that is an amazing Big-3 to have with a decent amount of depth too. They do have a handful of moderate-sized contracts on their sheet, and can easily deal 1 or 2 of those guys to facilitate a trade
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #181 on: February 04, 2023, 08:35:11 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Charlotte' is crazy/poorly managed enough to trade for Kyrie. Something built around Hayward's or Roziers salary, and maybe PJ Washington and protected picks.

« Reply #182 on: February 04, 2023, 08:43:05 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #183 on: February 04, 2023, 08:49:13 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Clippers to me are very interesting. If Kyrie buys in and PG13+Kawhi can reign him in, that is an amazing Big-3 to have with a decent amount of depth too. They do have a handful of moderate-sized contracts on their sheet, and can easily deal 1 or 2 of those guys to facilitate a trade

I think the Clippers make a ton of sense. They can package Powell and Covington. That's not a terrible return for Brooklyn, especially if they can wrangle a future draft pick - maybe they can convince LA to give up their 2027 1st rounder if its protected.

That's better than taking on the corpse of Russell Westbrook.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #184 on: February 04, 2023, 08:50:43 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
The Nets are proceeding in talks as though they’re determined to find a deal for Irving ahead of Thursday’s trade deadline, sources said.

Adrian Wojnarowski

« Reply #185 on: February 04, 2023, 08:55:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I think the Clippers make a ton of sense. They can package Powell and Covington. That's not a terrible return for Brooklyn, especially if they can wrangle a future draft pick - maybe they can convince LA to give up their 2027 1st rounder if its protected.

Yeah, the Clippers have several mid-range salaries.  Powell, Covington, Morris, Kennard, Jackson.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #186 on: February 04, 2023, 08:56:13 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Who can the Clippers send back to match salary without sending one of PG13 or Kawhi?

Reggie Jax, Batum, and Roco? 

« Reply #187 on: February 04, 2023, 09:09:58 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Sounds like they were just showing different players on the Jumbotron. Kinda like the Celtics do with their intro video before the game starts. Sounds like he’s away from the team.

Nick Friedell: Jacque Vaughn said Kyrie wasn’t at the Nets’ walkthrough this afternoon. He’s not sure if he will be at the game tonight.  – via Twitter NickFriedell

Wow, he quit on them, like he quit on us.

I still remember that game vs the Bucks where he chucked shots without a conscience. He quit on us then, now he’s quitting on the Nets and most importantly his supposed best buddy, KD. Only a desperate team would risk giving major assets for what might possibly be a rental. Honestly I think only the Lakers would be desperate enough to go all in on Kyrie.

I will never forget that. First time I’ve seen a player blatantly sabotaging his own team during a game. Second time was a few years later when Harden was trying to get out of Houston. Just disgusting behavior.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #188 on: February 04, 2023, 09:14:30 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Yeah, the Clippers have several mid-range salaries.  Powell, Covington, Morris, Kennard, Jackson.

The question with the Clippers is if management can talk themselves into believing they can reign Kyrie in. Can Doc reach into his Rondo-whisperer days? Does he want to? It would almost certainly fall on Doc because neither Leonard or PG seem to have the personalities to deal with him.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #189 on: February 04, 2023, 09:17:55 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
A clippers trade means a full rebuild for the Nets it seems to me...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2023, 09:21:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!

The question with the Clippers is if management can talk themselves into believing they can reign Kyrie in. Can Doc reach into his Rondo-whisperer days? Does he want to? It would almost certainly fall on Doc because neither Leonard or PG seem to have the personalities to deal with him.

Doc Rivers? He’s on the Sixers lol
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2023, 09:36:08 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah, Ty Lue.  They won a title together.  Of course, Kyrie also flaked out, stopped talking to his teammates during the playoffs, and demanded a trade under Lue, as well.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2023, 09:37:12 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
A clippers trade means a full rebuild for the Nets it seems to me...

Brooklyn can’t contemplate that avenue as their 2024 pick is owed to Houston.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 09:45:02 PM by Ed Monix »

« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2023, 09:43:44 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Kyrie has ruined some pretty talented teams. If I was a Clippers fan I’d be hoping my team says no thanks.

« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2023, 10:00:16 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Oh man. That just goes to show how much attention I pay to the rest of the league (hint: none at all).
2021 Houston Rockets