Author Topic: Summer of Durant Part II (Durant asks for trade)  (Read 16849 times)

Re: Summer of Durant Part II (Durant asks for trade)
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2022, 03:23:22 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I think Boston can make one of the best packages for KD and still have a team good enough remaining.

Something like this would be hard for other teams to beat:

Durant for Brown, Grant, Nesmith, 23 1st, 25 1st, 27 1st

Very tough for another team to beat that and it would still leave BY FAR the favorites to win the title over the next couple of seasons

Smart, White, Tatum, Durant, Horford, Rob, Theis, Pritchard with still having the TPE's to absorb unwanted salary and the TMLE to be used.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Summer of Durant Part II?
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2022, 03:27:58 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
OK, Shams is now reporting it via Twitter, KD wants out of Brooklyn.  Saw a second set of tweets, Phoenix is his preferred destination.  Makes sense, S&T now for Ayton.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1542580983739858944?s=20&t=yISzfscJ276u8KuWoXLX_w

S&T for Ayton + Mikhail Bridges and picks could get it done. Booker/Paul/Durant will be an interesting offensive trio.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Re: Summer of Durant Part II?
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2022, 03:29:06 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
OK, Shams is now reporting it via Twitter, KD wants out of Brooklyn.  Saw a second set of tweets, Phoenix is his preferred destination.  Makes sense, S&T now for Ayton.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1542580983739858944?s=20&t=yISzfscJ276u8KuWoXLX_w

S&T for Ayton + Mikhail Bridges and picks could get it done. Booker/Paul/Durant will be an interesting offensive trio.

whaaaaattttt!!!!!

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2022, 03:29:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If he isn't coming to Boston, send him out West.

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2022, 03:32:10 PM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 150
I think Boston can make one of the best packages for KD and still have a team good enough remaining.

Very tough for another team to beat that and it would still leave BY FAR the favorites to win the title over the next couple of seasons

Smart, White, Tatum, Durant, Horford, Rob, Theis, Pritchard with still having the TPE's to absorb unwanted salary and the TMLE to be used.

I'd do it. You almost have to. For good measure I'd try to get O'Neal for Theis to get wing depth and then try to sign PJ Tucker for TMLE (if he'd take that). See if you can get another center for the TPE or a ring-chaser.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2022, 03:35:05 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
If he isn't coming to Boston, send him out West.

Except to LAL.

Phoenix or Portland or reviving his legacy in OKC would be interesting. Or team up with Kawhi and Paul George in Clipperland?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2022, 03:35:40 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Does Jaylen signing with Kanye West worry the Celtics? If so, will the Celtics make him available in a Durant trade?

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2022, 03:35:47 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376

Huge overpay. Durant is 34 with a history of leg problems.

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2022, 03:40:01 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

C’s just smoked Durant and Kyrie with JT and JB. Why would you want to break them up for a soon to be 34 year old. Celtics window would go from 8 years to 2 and you still have to deal with the Warriors and Clippers In the West. It’s not worth it for such a short window.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2022, 03:40:07 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

I'd do it. You almost have to. For good measure I'd try to get O'Neal for Theis to get wing depth and then try to sign PJ Tucker for TMLE (if he'd take that). See if you can get another center for the TPE or a ring-chaser.

Essentially throwing away our entire future for a chance to win now, sounds like something Brooklyn would do. Not the Celtics.

No thanks on that deal.

« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2022, 03:43:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I hope Durant goes to either Phoenix or Dallas
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2022, 03:44:42 PM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31

Essentially throwing away our entire future for a chance to win now, sounds like something Brooklyn would do. Not the Celtics.

No thanks on that deal.

I doubt this is enough, but Timelord, Theis and Derrick White work to match salaries in the trade machine.  If we add a boatload of picks, does that do the trick?  (I don't mind adding Pritchard, Nesmith or Grant to sweeten the pot).

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2022, 03:46:03 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

No thanks on that deal.

I doubt this is enough, but Timelord, Theis and Derrick White work to match salaries in the trade machine.  If we add a boatload of picks, does that do the trick?

No. I think Brooklyn should go for the best return regardless where Kevin wants to go. They can try to work with his preferences, but this is their chance to rebuild they're franchise. They need to maintain the backbone they had with Kyrie.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2022, 03:46:22 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Per J. Stews 'phone' on Felger and Mazz the 5 teams on Durants list are:
Boston, Phx, Dallas, Miami and Portland

Take it with a grain of salt, but somehow that dudes phone has some reputable insider info.

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2022, 03:49:04 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Jaylen for Durant = Do It