Author Topic: Celtics (2-2) at Heat (2-2) ECF Game #5 5/25/22  (Read 41846 times)

Re: Celtics (2-2) at Heat (2-2) ECF Game #5 5/25/22
« Reply #1170 on: May 25, 2022, 11:23:24 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Huge win tonight. Butler, to me, looks hurt. Lowry, wow. And no Herro.  Hopefully the crowd can carry the C's Friday night.

People have been implying it in the media, but the Heat are also dealing with injuries but also, their team is on the older side which I'm sure is another factor. Tucker and Lowry are 36-37 year old, Butler is in his 30s. Might not be as easy for those guys to deal with injuries and suit up and go 35+ MPG regularly which they have to since this series is an "every other day" schedule. If there was 3 days off like the C's-Bucks had it would help Miami a ton
  If riles is smart he trades butler, bam and herro.
Providing if he can.

Said it at the start of this series, the heat are not legit. They're a team that had a good coach get them to max out in the reg season.

If boston was mentally tougher, this would have been a sweep or at least don't in 5.

agreed
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1171 on: May 25, 2022, 11:23:48 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Pat Riley looked like he was about to cry.

I loved the way he looked.

Absolutely hate Riley. He is one of many old-timers who cannot let go of the pain the Celtics have inflicted upon them throughout their playing, coaching and GM careers. Still criticizes Red and never has a good thing to say about the Celts.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #1172 on: May 25, 2022, 11:24:47 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
IME AT THE PODIUM
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1173 on: May 25, 2022, 11:26:08 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Huge win tonight. Butler, to me, looks hurt. Lowry, wow. And no Herro.  Hopefully the crowd can carry the C's Friday night.

People have been implying it in the media, but the Heat are also dealing with injuries but also, their team is on the older side which I'm sure is another factor. Tucker and Lowry are 36-37 year old, Butler is in his 30s. Might not be as easy for those guys to deal with injuries and suit up and go 35+ MPG regularly which they have to since this series is an "every other day" schedule. If there was 3 days off like the C's-Bucks had it would help Miami a ton

Age is certainly a factor. Watching the KG era Celtics, we know this painfully. With short turnarounds in tough playoff series, the older teams run out of gas in the second half and that's when the shooting plummets. Young guys with young legs dominate those moments.

And that's not even considering that Butler also has a ton of miles on his legs from his Bulls/Thibs days, as well as just always playing a ton of minutes in his career.

« Reply #1174 on: May 25, 2022, 11:26:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
C's are now 6-2 on the road this postseason. That includes a closeout game (Brooklyn Game 4 going 5 on 8 with Scott Foster), Game 6 @MIL with season literally on the line against the best player on the planet (Giannis), and then this pivotal Game 5.

That's the sign of a resilient team. This team deserves to make the Finals and I hope they can close this out on Friday  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1175 on: May 25, 2022, 11:26:50 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273

Providing if he can.

Said it at the start of this series, the heat are not legit. They're a team that had a good coach get them to max out in the reg season.

If boston was mentally tougher, this would have been a sweep or at least don't in 5.

agreed

once they stopped beating themselves in the second half, they broke the game wide open.

« Reply #1176 on: May 25, 2022, 11:27:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
After a tough start Jaylen Brown ends up

25 points - team leader
4 rebounds
1 assist
1 block
1 steal
10-19 from field
5-9 from 3
+20 - team leader
4 turnovers - not team leader

« Reply #1177 on: May 25, 2022, 11:28:01 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
butler is DONE. FINISHED

HAS NOTHING LEFT

TL can contain BAM

run the rest of thiose clowns off the line and we are loking good friday

play D no turnovers and drive to rim and hit open shots

STEPHEN A says HE AINT GOING BACK TO MIAMI

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HE EXPECTS US TO FINISH THEM AT HOME

and we should
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1178 on: May 25, 2022, 11:28:06 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

Age is certainly a factor. Watching the KG era Celtics, we know this painfully. With short turnarounds in tough playoff series, the older teams run out of gas in the second half and that's when the shooting plummets. Young guys with young legs dominate those moments.
Totally agree on the young vs old - and this every other night schedule helps the C's - to an extent - remember Rob remains day to day, and Smart's got a bad ankle. But Butler is also a lot better than this and his age doesn't have much to do with it. He's hurt.

« Reply #1179 on: May 25, 2022, 11:28:59 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
C's are now 6-2 on the road this postseason. That includes a closeout game (Brooklyn Game 4 going 5 on 8 with Scott Foster), Game 6 @MIL with season literally on the line against the best player on the planet (Giannis), and then this pivotal Game 5.

That's the sign of a resilient team. This team deserves to make the Finals and I hope they can close this out on Friday  ;D

Should've been 7-1 if not for the Bucks Game 3 mess

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1180 on: May 25, 2022, 11:29:10 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Providing if he can.

agreed

once they stopped beating themselves in the second half, they broke the game wide open.

yup. when we play smart we win
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1181 on: May 25, 2022, 11:30:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Should've been 7-1 if not for the Bucks Game 3 mess

Very true. And honestly even Game 1 of this series, no Smart + Horford and the team was coming off an emotional series against MIL just two days earlier (the Game 7). 

« Reply #1182 on: May 25, 2022, 11:31:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I feel good but the job's not done. HAVE to come out and take care of business Friday night. Avenge the 2012 ECF where it was a similar situation (3-2 lead, Game 6 at TD Garden) and do not let this get to a road Game 7.

« Reply #1183 on: May 25, 2022, 11:32:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Providing if he can.

agreed

yup. when we play smart we win
bingo.  only thing that keeps Miami in any of the games is the C's not controlling the defensive glass and coughing up TOs

« Reply #1184 on: May 25, 2022, 11:33:13 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227

Providing if he can.

agreed

Hopefully these types of games are making them mentally tough slowly but surely. Let’s finish them off at home. TPs everyone!!