20 (42.6%)
Nah, Heat in 5
0 (0%)
Nah, Heat in 6
0 (0%)
Nah, Heat in 7
7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Down 2-1, Do You Believe?  (Read 9518 times)

Down 2-1, Do You Believe?
« on: May 22, 2022, 02:19:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Just wanted a status check around here

I still got C's in 6
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Down 2-1, Do You Believe?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 02:28:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No reason not to. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 02:37:47 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
They are the better team.

They should win in 6

Idk if they have the discipline to put them away however.

Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 02:59:47 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
If they had played at least average in each of the 12 quarters so far, we’d be up 3-0. But this Heat team is well-coached and tenacious. We need to take it one game at a time. If we can win games 4-5, I think we can take them in six. What seems more likely is us winning game 4, dropping game 5, and then having to win two in a row including game 7 in Miami. We should be able to do it. Even if we go down 3-1, I think we can make a comeback. But we do not want to have three straight elimination games going into the NBA Finals.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2022, 03:01:48 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Of course. I'll be surprised if we lose another game.

Time to destroy them.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2022, 03:25:51 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
If they had played at least average in each of the 12 quarters so far, we’d be up 3-0. But this Heat team is well-coached and tenacious. We need to take it one game at a time. If we can win games 4-5, I think we can take them in six. What seems more likely is us winning game 4, dropping game 5, and then having to win two in a row including game 7 in Miami. We should be able to do it. Even if we go down 3-1, I think we can make a comeback. But we do not want to have three straight elimination games going into the NBA Finals.

So following the pattern of the Bucks series. OK.

So far, we lost Game 1. Won Game 2. Lost Game 3. I anticipate us winning Game 4, but I think we'll lose Game 5 after the kids feel like they won the series in Game 4. Then it'll start to hit 'em that they're down 3-2 and need to win two straight...again.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2022, 03:42:24 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1997
In games 1 and 3 the Celtics beat themselves more than anything.  Turnovers are the primary reason we lost both of those games.  The Heat's defense was certainly very good in game 3, but we were shooting ourselves in the foot the entire game.

Maybe I'm not giving the Heat enough credit.  But despite 23 whopping turnovers - many of them live turnovers - and a terrible start by the Celtics, the Heat only mustered 109 points.  That is not impressive, even if Butler missed the 2nd half.  We would have lost to the worst teams in the league yesterday with that sorry effort we had.

The Celtics are the better team, both on paper and in practice, especially when healthy.  If they take care of the ball (big if, obviously) and limit offensive rebounding for the Heat we definitely win the series.  I picked the Celtics in 6 or 7.  Probably 7 seeing as how we're having health problems and not playing great ball yet in this series.

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2022, 03:43:11 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94

So following the pattern of the Bucks series. OK.

So far, we lost Game 1. Won Game 2. Lost Game 3. I anticipate us winning Game 4, but I think we'll lose Game 5 after the kids feel like they won the series in Game 4. Then it'll start to hit 'em that they're down 3-2 and need to win two straight...again.

Exactly. The kids are not making it easy on themselves. A game seven in Miami would be tough, but doable.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2022, 03:44:03 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
I believe!  Cs are a better team and they will right the ship and win in 6.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2022, 04:00:53 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Yes, also thought they’d beat the heat in the bubble though…Celtics shouldn’t lose another game to this garbage heat team, unfortunately something about this heat team is a bad matchup for us

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2022, 05:53:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I still think the C's can win this.  I also thought they'd put in the effort to win game 3 from the opening tip.

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2022, 06:11:54 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Yes..hope game 3 was a wake up call
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2022, 07:30:07 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
Definitely. They beat Giannis in his house for an elimination game. This ain’t nothing.

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2022, 07:33:06 PM »

Kiorrik

I believe, regardless of how hard they're making it for us to do so.

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2022, 07:44:26 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Yes..hope game 3 was a wake up call

No such thing as a “wake up call” for this team.  It’s a trend now.  It’s just who they are.  Wildly inconsistent.  The frustrating thing is that they don’t need to play good to win.  They just need to avoid horrendous quarters.  That’s it.  But they haven’t been able to do that in games 1 and 3, as well as three games last series