Author Topic: How big of a loss would P.J. Tucker be for the Heat?  (Read 4948 times)

Re: How big of a loss would P.J. Tucker be for the Heat?
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2022, 04:06:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Ira Winderman @IraHeatBeat
about 1 hour ago
As we wait, been told reason for optimism with P.J. Tucker. Official injury report by 5:30 p.m. (ish).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2022, 04:20:36 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
To be honest, I hope Tucker is good to go. Already had to hear from MIL fans about how Middleton wasn't healthy. Now with Lowry out will probably hear it from MIA fans if he doesn't return soon. If PJ Tucker is out the health truthers will get even worse. The c's should beat the heat if everyone is healthy, rather no give MIA fans any ammunition.

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2022, 05:03:12 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
To be honest, I hope Tucker is good to go. Already had to hear from MIL fans about how Middleton wasn't healthy. Now with Lowry out will probably hear it from MIA fans if he doesn't return soon. If PJ Tucker is out the health truthers will get even worse. The c's should beat the heat if everyone is healthy, rather no give MIA fans any ammunition.

Was it last year when we were beat with no Jaylen Brown? Did they care or do they reference that when they would flex after beating us? Who cares. I hope Tucker doesn't play and it gives us a better chance to win. Would he be a difference. Nah, not at all.

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2022, 05:06:09 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

Was it last year when we were beat with no Jaylen Brown? Did they care or do they reference that when they would flex after beating us? Who cares. I hope Tucker doesn't play and it gives us a better chance to win. Would he be a difference. Nah, not at all.

To be fair, i don't think we were winning anything with or without Jaylen. That team was mediocre all year. literally .500, and sure injuries were bad but they never really showed any sign of pulling it together.

Also PJ playing will be better basketball, I like better basketball.

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2022, 05:41:04 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Kyle Lowry (hamstring) upgraded to questionable for Game 3. P.J. Tucker (left knee irritation) also questionable.

Sounds like the news on Tucker’s knee was good.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2022, 06:41:49 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Sadly we even had to hear about Middleton being out from some Boston fans.

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2022, 06:42:31 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Kyle Lowry (hamstring) upgraded to questionable for Game 3. P.J. Tucker (left knee irritation) also questionable.

Bringing Lowry and his recovering hamstring into this series before fully healing is asking for trouble. Tucker’s left 2 games already with lower extremity injuries is asking for trouble.

It is what it is, health, endurance, perseverance, and availability are essential in competition. You hear professional athletes say, “no one is 100% healthy at this time of the season (the playoffs in any sport)”, which is to say it is an issue every season for the vast majority of players.

Celtics are winning this series with or without Lowry and Tucker.

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2022, 06:53:15 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Bringing Lowry and his recovering hamstring into this series before fully healing is asking for trouble. Tucker’s left 2 games already with lower extremity injuries is asking for trouble.

It is what it is, health, endurance, perseverance, and availability are essential in competition. You hear professional athletes say, “no one is 100% healthy at this time of the season (the playoffs in any sport)”, which is to say it is an issue every season for the vast majority of players.

It's the conference finals, if you can possibly play, you gotta play. It's not like Lowry and Tucker are some young talent that the Heat need to preserve for the future. For both of those guys this may be it.

I agree though that the Celtics are winning this series with or without Tucker and Lowry

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2022, 07:13:27 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915

It's silly. The same argument could be made about RWill (who, even when he was there, was clearly hobbled). At some point, ya have to put away the "we-would-have-won-ifs."

Besides, I'd argue that Milwaukee had lost this series before it even began. When push came to shove on the last day of the season, we went in with a winner's attitude and they took the loss to avoid the Nets.

Mike

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2022, 07:14:57 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

It's silly. The same argument could be made about RWill (who, even when he was there, was clearly hobbled). At some point, we have to put away the "we-would-have-won-ifs."

Besides, I'd argue that Milwaukee had lost this series before it even began. When push came to shove on the last day of the season, we went in with a winner's attitude and they took the loss to avoid the Nets.

Mike

Yeah. We basically played the Bucks series without Rob Williams, a DPOY candidate, and without Smart for one game as well which we won.

The Heat series so far, one game without Horford and Smart, and one game without White. Yet people keep talking about how our opponents are shorthanded. Lowry is 36 years old and Tucker is 37. Not only have they lost a few steps at their age, people shouldn't be surprised that they are injured late in the season either. Was anyone surprised when Shaq, Jermaine Oneal, or Rasheed Wallace pooped out during our past playoff runs?

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2022, 07:22:22 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

It's silly. The same argument could be made about RWill (who, even when he was there, was clearly hobbled). At some point, we have to put away the "we-would-have-won-ifs."

Mike

Yeah. We basically played the Bucks series without Rob Williams, a DPOY candidate, and without Smart for one game as well which we won.

The Heat series so far, one game without Horford and Smart, and one game without White. Yet people keep talking about how our opponents are shorthanded. Lowry is 36 years old and Tucker is 37. Not only have they lost a few steps at their age, people shouldn't be surprised that they are injured late in the season either. Was anyone surprised when Shaq, Jermaine Oneal, or Rasheed Wallace pooped out during our past playoff runs?

Do you think any of the teams cared that won the championship when Kg went down and the year perk went down?  Everyone has injuries.

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2022, 07:25:13 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Mike

Do you think any of the teams cared that won the championship when Kg went down and the year perk went down?  Everyone has injuries.

And yet when we won in 2008 we kept hearing about how the Lakers didn't have Bynum. A guy who didn't do anything in the NBA mind you and was out of the league soon afterwards.

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2022, 07:32:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Yeah, Milwaukee fans have no reason to complain. They don’t win even the second round last year if Harden and Kyrie weren’t injured.

And the Heat fans have no basis for complaints either. They don’t get to the finals in 2020 if Kemba and Hayward weren’t hobbled by knee and ankle issues, respectively. I still think we win it all in 2020 if Hayward doesn’t sprain his ankle in round one.

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2022, 08:09:12 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140

It's the conference finals, if you can possibly play, you gotta play. It's not like Lowry and Tucker are some young talent that the Heat need to preserve for the future. For both of those guys this may be it.

I agree though that the Celtics are winning this series with or without Tucker and Lowry

Lowry has two years $60M left on his contract after this season. The Heat do not want him to end this playoff run with a torn hammy after a 50+ win season and making it to the Eastern Conference Finals, while they have committed to this veteran group beyond this season.

If Lowry’s fully healed, he should play; if he hasn’t, his already injury prone, high contact style will make him a liability and injury risk out there.

He’d be dead weight taking up a quarter of the salary cap on team with title hopes. I get it though, tough it out, play through it., and see where the chips fall.

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2022, 09:37:10 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915

Lowry has two years $60M left on his contract after this season. The Heat do not want him to end this playoff run with a torn hammy after a 50+ win season and making it to the Eastern Conference Finals, while they have committed to this veteran group beyond this season.

If Lowry’s fully healed, he should play; if he hasn’t, his already injury prone, high contact style will make him a liability and injury risk out there.

He’d be dead weight taking up a quarter of the salary cap on team with title hopes. I get it though, tough it out, play through it., and see where the chips fall.

Yup, if you're Miami and you have a chance of winning the series, you put Lowry out there, worry about next year next year and hope for the best.

Not sure how good Lowry is at <100%, but he strikes me as the type of guy who can make it look like he found the fountain of youth for just long enough to win.

Mike