Author Topic: Celtics (1-2) at Bucks (2-1) Round 2 Game #4 5/9/22  (Read 40231 times)

Re: Celtics (1-2) at Bucks (2-1) Round 2 Game #4 5/9/22
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2022, 07:19:36 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Not surprised!! hes been taking a beating this series. Next Man up Theis !!!!!!

THeis needs to wear a hockey helmet for this one.

he can take a beating more Rob- This might work in our Favor plus he can score.

Is Theis really going to start over Grant? And if so is that to make sure that one of Al or Grant is guarding Giannis at all times?
that would make sense.  thing is, what's the over/under on how long it takes the refs to whistle Theis for his first foul (going with 1 minute) and to foul out (going with 10 minutes)?

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2022, 07:24:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Over 80% of this TNT preshow has been talking about the Bucks. Let's you know just who the media and probably the league offices want to win this series.

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2022, 07:25:42 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
No Timelord tonight. Sigh

I don’t think this should affect us all that much. Grant starting in his place might actually work just as well or better for us. I hope…

Vegas with this news only moved the line half a point in the Bucks favor up to this point. So the smallest adjustment possible.

I agree with most of your stuff, but have a hard time believing this doesn't have an impact. (I really hope I am wrong). Even though Williams was not playing that amazing, we just don't have much depth or margin for error in the frontcourt. We are really maxed out on how much we are playing Horford so it is not like he can pick up many more minutes. Theis and Grant williams generally foul a lot (4.5 per 36 for Theiss) and Grant has averaged 4.5 per 36 in his career though he was a lot better this year. Given how good Giannis is at drawing fouls the coach just did a media tour complaining about ft discrepancy i am very worried about foul trouble with just the three bigs available.

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2022, 07:27:24 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
A bit nervous and hopeful. Tatum needs to rise with Brown.

Will throw it out

Celtics 102
Bucks 94

Tatum, 33, 10 assists and 10 boards

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2022, 07:28:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
GGGAAAAAAMMMMEEEEEE TTTIIIIMMMMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2022, 07:29:20 PM »

• Don Nelson
Over 80% of this TNT preshow has been talking about the Bucks. Let's you know just who the media and probably the league offices want to win this series.

Curry vs Giannis is the plan.

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2022, 07:29:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I don’t think this should affect us all that much. Grant starting in his place might actually work just as well or better for us. I hope…

Vegas with this news only moved the line half a point in the Bucks favor up to this point. So the smallest adjustment possible.

I agree with most of your stuff, but have a hard time believing this doesn't have an impact. (I really hope I am wrong). Even though Williams was not playing that amazing, we just don't have much depth or margin for error in the frontcourt. We are really maxed out on how much we are playing Horford so it is not like he can pick up many more minutes. Theis and Grant williams generally foul a lot (4.5 per 36 for Theiss) and Grant has averaged 4.5 per 36 in his career though he was a lot better this year. Given how good Giannis is at drawing fouls the coach just did a media tour complaining about ft discrepancy i am very worried about foul trouble with just the three bigs available.

Unleash the Green Kornet!!!!

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2022, 07:29:31 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

You could be right. I just think RW hasn’t been himself in these playoffs and his on/off seems to suggest that. But i don’t know if Theis would do any better if he’s thrust into RW’s role.

Edit - I’m saying Celtics 107 Bucks 104
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2022, 07:32:27 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

You could be right. I just think RW hasn’t been himself in these playoffs and his on/off seems to suggest that. But i don’t know if Theis would do any better if he’s thrust into RW’s role.

I'm going Celtics 130 and Bucks 78

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2022, 07:32:38 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I know he's been the forgotten man, but Theis can play and he's a tough dude. I'm not worried about Rob being out for a game or two.

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2022, 07:33:30 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1772

I'm going Celtics 130 and Bucks 78

I'm with you!
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2022, 07:33:46 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
so 8 man rotation?

white, PP, and theis off bench

gwill starts
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2022, 07:34:19 PM »

• Don Nelson
Ugh, timelord out

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2022, 07:34:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Lets get out to a good start like Game 2 please
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2022, 07:35:05 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551

Curry vs Giannis is the plan.

SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!