Author Topic: Celtics (1-1) at Bucks (1-1) Round 2 Game #3 5/7/22  (Read 31518 times)

Re: Celtics (1-1) at Bucks (1-1) Round 2 Game #3 5/7/22
« Reply #855 on: May 08, 2022, 12:58:37 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Massive missed opportunities. I know the refs seem to be a common theme on the thread but that’s not why they lost. Cs got a lot of calls their way that game but didn’t get them down the stretch. That being said, I think they really shot themselves in the foot, especially in that 3rd quarter where they fell apart. I thought their offensive execution left a lot to be desired. This was a pretty winnable game bad calls or not.

The Celtics lost by 2 points.  Even disregarding the crap they let Giannis do, there were 2 non calls on goaltends that were clearly missed.  One defensively on Giannis and one offensively on Portis.  Those 2 calls are made correctly and the Celts win the game.  This was not our best game, but we had a chance to win on the road and it was unfairly taken from us.  I would love it if we could beat the refs and the Bucks, but it wasn’t in the cards yesterday.  It’s just sad that we can’t win a scrappy game because of horrible officiating.

Nah. Our best player Jayson Tatum scored 10 points and went 0-6 from 3, while pushing off all game.

Giannis scored 42 points. His biggest weakness is shooting, and he went 1-6 from 3.

If Tatum matches Giannis' 3 point shooting, we win.

Refs schmefs.

« Reply #856 on: May 08, 2022, 01:26:56 PM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Massive missed opportunities. I know the refs seem to be a common theme on the thread but that’s not why they lost. Cs got a lot of calls their way that game but didn’t get them down the stretch. That being said, I think they really shot themselves in the foot, especially in that 3rd quarter where they fell apart. I thought their offensive execution left a lot to be desired. This was a pretty winnable game bad calls or not.

The Celtics lost by 2 points.  Even disregarding the crap they let Giannis do, there were 2 non calls on goaltends that were clearly missed.  One defensively on Giannis and one offensively on Portis.  Those 2 calls are made correctly and the Celts win the game.  This was not our best game, but we had a chance to win on the road and it was unfairly taken from us.  I would love it if we could beat the refs and the Bucks, but it wasn’t in the cards yesterday.  It’s just sad that we can’t win a scrappy game because of horrible officiating.

Nah. Our best player Jayson Tatum scored 10 points and went 0-6 from 3, while pushing off all game.

Giannis scored 42 points. His biggest weakness is shooting, and he went 1-6 from 3.

Refs schmefs.

Again, leave the physicality out of it.  Did Giannis goaltend on the Tatum shot?  Was the ball still in the cylinder when Portis tipped it in?  Is that 4 points that incorrectly went against Boston and we lost by 2?

« Reply #857 on: May 08, 2022, 06:04:21 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

That was a 4-point swing. C's should've won that game and be up 2-1. Prob wouldn't have come down to Smart's free-throw fiasco. I would hate to be playing in a Game 7 or Game 6 and our outcome of the series coming down to Game 3's mess.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #858 on: May 08, 2022, 07:27:19 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Refs schmefs.

Again, leave the physicality out of it.  Did Giannis goaltend on the Tatum shot?  Was the ball still in the cylinder when Portis tipped it in?  Is that 4 points that incorrectly went against Boston and we lost by 2?
Sure. You know what else hurt them? Bring outscored by 17 in the 3rd quarter. The Cs got some pretty favorable calls too. Should we do the same exercise for the Bucks? The refs make bad calls every game. Incredibly frustrating but Cs lost the game in the third quarter, not some missed goaltending call in the first half. 

« Reply #859 on: May 08, 2022, 07:29:43 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Refs schmefs.

Sure. You know what else hurt them? Bring outscored by 17 in the 3rd quarter. The Cs got some pretty favorable calls too. Should we do the same exercise for the Bucks? The refs make bad calls every game. Incredibly frustrating but Cs lost the game in the third quarter, not some missed goaltending call in the first half.

It ended up a 2 point game.

« Reply #860 on: May 08, 2022, 07:37:28 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Game 3 sucked, but whatever. This team has shown it is resilient. Time to step up and reclaim HCA. I'm feeling good about our chances in Game 4. Play well, shoot better (please Tatum) and the refs won't matter
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #861 on: May 08, 2022, 08:53:27 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Refs schmefs.

It ended up a 2 point game.
Cool. Maybe they shouldn’t have laid an egg in the 3rd quarter. Maybe Tatum could have scored 14 instead of 10 pts.

« Reply #862 on: May 08, 2022, 10:20:03 PM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31

Refs schmefs.

Yes - a better third quarter and they would have overcome the refs and the Bucks.  However, the math is the math.  4 points in the first half are equal to 4 points in the second half.  To disregard blatantly poor officiating at any point in the game does a disservice to the sport.  To win the game, one should have to beat the other team by one point, not 5 points.

The reason I said to take the physicality out of it is that those calls are pure judgment.  The goaltending non-calls were for plays that flat out were against the rules.  If the Celtics were allowed to block Milwaukee’s shots on the way down, I think we can all agree that would change the outcome.

« Reply #863 on: May 08, 2022, 10:42:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Guaranteed. Tatum goes for 40+. Maybe even 50. Watch.

Series coming back to Boston 2-2.