Author Topic: Will we have Rob for game 7?  (Read 2549 times)

Re: Will we have Rob for game 7?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2022, 11:27:03 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
I’m betting the coaches are gambling they can close the series without him and bring him back next series. …..which , if they can pull it off , is the most likely the right strategy .

They should still have him in uniform . If there is foul trouble and you just need a minute or two to finish the 3rd or the end in a close game. Unless its career threatening he should at least be available for emergency

I was thinking the same. One of the biggest “what ifs” in my mind is if Rob was available in game 5 as a “break glass in case of fire” option, maybe we could have had a better chance of securing that crucial rebound off of Giannis’ missed freethrow.

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2022, 11:28:00 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Rob hasn't been great in the few games he's played in this series. It's probably a bit of rust plus some matchup issues with he Bucks, but we've been better with other lineups out there without him. If we advance, he would matchup much better against Adebayo and the Heat.He struggled with Lopez, Portis and Giannis. With that said, having him available off the bench would still be a big help tomorrow.

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2022, 11:53:09 PM »

Offline terra haute

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
I’m betting the coaches are gambling they can close the series without him and bring him back next series. …..which , if they can pull it off , is the most likely the right strategy .

They should still have him in uniform . If there is foul trouble and you just need a minute or two to finish the 3rd or the end in a close game. Unless its career threatening he should at least be available for emergency

I was thinking the same. One of the biggest “what ifs” in my mind is if Rob was available in game 5 as a “break glass in case of fire” option, maybe we could have had a better chance of securing that crucial rebound off of Giannis’ missed freethrow.

Its game 7 , if we don't win it doesnt matter , again if it isnt a career threat, It is all hands on deck. There is the whole offseason. Great if it isnt even close or no foul trouble. To me finishing last cpl minutes of the 3rd for a bit of rest for the starters could be huge and also just for MLW having to wonder. Never get street clothes unless the player is totally incapacitated. Let them wonder.

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2022, 02:08:31 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The coaches description of the injury sounds very superficial. “Minor bone bruise”

And I’m sure it hurts, but to not suit up, or try to play, even a single minute???? In the biggest game in years?

Yeah, I’ll give him the benifit of the doubt…barely. 

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2022, 02:25:03 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
The coaches description of the injury sounds very superficial. “Minor bone bruise”

And I’m sure it hurts, but to not suit up, or try to play, even a single minute???? In the biggest game in years?

Yeah, I’ll give him the benifit of the doubt…barely.

Well Rob is activated so no need to doubt him, but I do think a knee bone bruise, even minor, can be worse than it sounds in terms of limiting movement and hops.

Hope it works out that Rob contributes to a good day for Boston and he doesn’t do any harm to his ability to play v. Miami as he’ll be important in that series if Cs are fortunate enough to get there.