Author Topic: Nets (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game 2 4/20/22  (Read 40826 times)

Re: Nets (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game 2 4/20/22
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2022, 12:54:16 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Substitute Pritchard into the game when Kyrie is not on the floor. They need more shots and minutes from him and while he gives good effort, he can't cover Kyrie.

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2022, 01:03:27 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
I've probably watched the ending to last game about 100 times by now. Can't wait for Game 2.

#1 on my list of "endings that I've watched over and over" is the Malcolm Butler interception, but this one's moving up fast.

Mike

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2022, 01:06:11 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
93% of NBA teams have lost their playoff series after being down 2-0. Let's make it happen.

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2022, 01:07:59 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
In football, teams coming off an emotional win have a low % of winning the next game. I hope that doesn't hold true for the NBA as well.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2022, 01:11:59 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
Can't expect another 20 & 15 game from Horford.  ..
Why? The Nets front-line is pretty weak (back atch ya' Bruce Brown) which is partly the reason for Horford's success in Game 1.

Sure their frontline is weak, but Horford was remarkably efficient and pulling down 15 boards in one game is difficult enough (has he had this many rebs in any game this season?).  Don't get me wrong, Horford's certainly capable of it.  I just don't think we should expect him to replicate such a great performance. (Prove me wrong, Al.)

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2022, 01:17:41 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Why? The Nets front-line is pretty weak (back atch ya' Bruce Brown) which is partly the reason for Horford's success in Game 1.
while Al's shooting has improved the latter part of the season, I wouldn't expect him to shoot as well from outside this game.  Theis and GWill definitely need to hit at a better rate than they did in game one

Horford just took what the Nets' defense was giving him.  They may adjust and focus more on Horford but that will open up something else.  Horford took 13 shots (2 threes).  I would say likely less shots and less points this game but that would not necessary indicate that he had a worse game.  He was taking good shots but in this game, the good play might be one more pass or something.

Theis was 1 for 6 so yeah, you'd like to see him settle down and I think it is fair to expect he will.  I am not so sure about Grant Williams.  You don't expect him to go 0-4 from 3 so maybe he can have a better game.  He generally need an uncontested look from the corner-3 line to shoot a high percentage.

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2022, 01:30:00 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
while Al's shooting has improved the latter part of the season, I wouldn't expect him to shoot as well from outside this game.  Theis and GWill definitely need to hit at a better rate than they did in game one

Horford just took what the Nets' defense was giving him.  They may adjust and focus more on Horford but that will open up something else.  Horford took 13 shots (2 threes).  I would say likely less shots and less points this game but that would not necessary indicate that he had a worse game.  He was taking good shots but in this game, the good play might be one more pass or something.

Theis was 1 for 6 so yeah, you'd like to see him settle down and I think it is fair to expect he will.  I am not so sure about Grant Williams.  You don't expect him to go 0-4 from 3 so maybe he can have a better game.  He generally need an uncontested look from the corner-3 line to shoot a high percentage.
not saying otherwise about Al, just that he hit a good percentage of his open shots.  I'm not expecting that again tonight.  not expecting him to lay bricks all night either.  He's the one starter we have that I feel very confident in only taking good shots and not look for heat checks.

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2022, 01:52:58 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I expect Grant to settle down.  He's the open guy on the perimeter with both Jays on the floor.

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2022, 02:02:20 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574

I expect Grant to settle down.  He's the open guy on the perimeter with both Jays on the floor.

For what it’s worth, I expect the whole team to settle down. Too many missed layups and open shots. Expected for a young team in first playoff game after a long layoff. I’m hoping they come out more relaxed and are able to just play their game.

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2022, 02:34:56 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
Lego baby - cleaner win today plz as we are definitely capable. Let them pray for 30+ pointers from their stars lol - we here for winning basketball in every posession.
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2022, 02:54:51 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Lego baby - cleaner win today plz as we are definitely capable. Let them pray for 30+ pointers from their stars lol - we here for winning basketball in every posession.

If Kyrie and Durant both go for 30 each, that is 60 combined, still less than the 62 combined they got in game 1.  It is not like their stars didn't score in game 1, even though the narrative seems be that somehow in game 2, they are going to get way more points.

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2022, 04:34:07 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
What is the over/under of fans getting ejected tonight?

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2022, 04:38:39 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
  • B's Up
On the way into the city now fellas. Im gonna be LOUD in the garden tonight!!
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2022, 04:44:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
On the way into the city now fellas. Im gonna be LOUD in the garden tonight!!

I'll be listening!!!

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2022, 05:34:19 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Let's GO!!