Author Topic: Priorities for the 22-23 regular season?  (Read 882 times)

Priorities for the 22-23 regular season?
« on: June 17, 2022, 12:58:41 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Regardless of trades, individual progress for the guys and other roster moves to improve next year, what are the priorities for next regular season according to you ? As in lessons learned this year ?

Mine would be :
- aim for the number one seed from the get go so that we can have an easier path in the playoffs and avoid grueling 7 game series.
- establish a large rotation early on to rest our main guys and keep them fresh for the playoffs
- make home court advantage matter again. Honestly I still can’t figure out how bad we were in Boston in the playoffs, I hope it was an anomaly.

(And yes I know priorities number one and two can be contradictory but managing to get the number one seed with a big rotation would be perfect)

Re: Priorities for the 22-23 regular season?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 01:21:57 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
1. Get a true PG..Smart is not as we saw in the finals
2. Get some vets for the bench..Payton, Grant, Theis won’t cut it
3. Pray for TimeLord to stay healthy all season & get a decent big to back him up
4. Hope Tatum finds that killer instinct & quit whining on every play he thought he got foul
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 01:24:40 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Use a larger rotation, both to maintain health and to develop any young players.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 01:25:16 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
5 less Turnovers and 15-18 points more from the bench in the last two games, and we're having a duck boat parade. Biggest issue is they couldn't get 20ppg from the bench, that hurt the most, put all the scoring weight on the Jays.

Need to look for Floor spreaders. Having Rob, Smart and Al on the floor clogs the lane for Brown and Tatum. Even though Smart and Al can hit the shots, teams don't fear them.

Smart and Al might be better coming off the bench. Love both, need both to win, but they would be lethal coming off the bench. might not build the lead, but at least keep it.

Need a good back up for Robb, some one that can spell him more minutes, keep his knees good, and can start if needed.

minimum we need a 3and D wing, like Terrence Ross, and a Back up center run it back the way they are.

Ideally we need a floor general that can drive and kick or finish, while also being a treat from the out side. Going to cost though. Also a Big Al future replacement. That could be next season, but may as well kick the tires. Then Two wings and a big for the bench. Get rid of the dead weight. To play at a fast pace need to got 8 to 9 deep. 7 Deep gassed the team. 

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 02:13:57 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Trade theis.. get misic and papagiannis and Mike james

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 02:31:14 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

Focus on getting Nesmith's head right. He's a good player but gets lost when called upon.

Clone TimeLord

Manage minutes better - Tatum, although young, played more than 2000 more minutes than the next person during the regular season.

Develop players 9-11 and have them contribute

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2022, 03:03:05 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Trade theis.. get misic and papagiannis and Mike james
Theis isn't the problem, he just needs to be moved a slot down in the depth roster.  I'd much rather have him than Kornet.

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2022, 03:09:09 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I think a back up PG that is a true PG and a shooter with length (as DA) would say.  Nesmith could be that guy but I doubt it. 

Aside from that, I want minimal shake up.  Theis will actually be very valuable giving Al and Rob rest during the regular season.