Author Topic: Anthony Davis  (Read 9021 times)

Anthony Davis
« on: April 04, 2022, 11:04:34 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This is far-fetched, but what if the Lakers decide they want to rebuild?  Would you do...

BOS trades:  Horford, Grant, Nesmith or Pritchard, 2023 #1, 2025 #1, 2027 #1

LAL trades:  Anthony Davis

?

Pros:  Davis is a legit star who would improve our upside and would seemingly be a dominant third option alongside the Jays, both offensively and defensively.  Horford's days are numbered.

Cons:  He's an injury waiting to happen who wanted no part of Boston previously.  There's a big chemistry risk here.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Anthony Davis
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 11:06:54 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I imagine it would take a lot more than that to get Davis.  But yeah, I'd do that and wouldn't give it a second thought.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 11:16:55 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
This is far-fetched, but what if the Lakers decide they want to rebuild?  Would you do...

?

Pros:  Davis is a legit star who would improve our upside and would seemingly be a dominant third option alongside the Jays, both offensively and defensively.  Horford's days are numbered.

Cons:  He's an injury waiting to happen who wanted no part of Boston previously.  There's a big chemistry risk here.
would heavily depend on the results of the team physical.  if healthy, probably.  problem is, he's rarely healthy.   

question: how much would this kill us salary wise in terms of being able to fill in around those 3?  we'd have the J's, Smart and White to round out the apparent starting 5 (or Theis instead of White) but after those 6, it'd be whoever's left behind between Nesmith and Pritchard.  not close to being a deep team when healthy, never mind when AD inevitably misses games

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 11:20:34 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

?

would heavily depend on the results of the team physical.  if healthy, probably.  problem is, he's rarely healthy.   

question: how much would this kill us salary wise in terms of being able to fill in around those 3?  we'd have the J's, Smart and White to round out the apparent starting 5 (or Theis instead of White) but after those 6, it'd be whoever's left behind between Nesmith and Pritchard.  not close to being a deep team when healthy, never mind when AD inevitably misses games

You forgot Rob. ;)

Timelord / Theis
Davis
Tatum
Brown / White
Smart

Definitely not deep.  We'd have our Fournier TPE, but not a lot of assets to deal with it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 11:21:04 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Not really a rational thought but I don't want Davis anywhere near this team.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 11:29:01 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I'd pass, because I see Horford as a somewhat safer bet to hold up for two more seasons, but mostly because this team has convinced me we don't actually have to get anyone else to be the best team in the NBA for the next several years.

Davis introduces more risk we don't have to bear to win.

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2022, 11:31:52 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546

?

You forgot Rob. ;)

Timelord / Theis
Davis
Tatum
Brown / White
Smart

Definitely not deep.  We'd have our Fournier TPE, but not a lot of assets to deal with it.
We'd also have Nesmith or Pritchard in that scenario.  It also wouldn't be hard to find some quality veterans for the bench. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2022, 11:43:13 AM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
I can't think of many players who have seemingly aged faster than Anthony Davis.  The dude is on the right side of 30, but can barely play half a season.  He is an absolutely dominant player when he's on the floor, but it's just so inconsistent at this point, I actually trust Horford to be on the floor over the next two years.

I personally like KAT a whole lot more, but obviously he is likely much less available than AD is.  KAT seems like he can do everything Horford can do, but better, and seems like a better fit next to Timelord, and doesn't carry that same injury risk that AD does.

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2022, 11:44:11 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Have to say no, and I was a no when it was talked about Tatum for AD a few years back.

I'm just not a big AD guy!

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2022, 12:03:19 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
I wouldn’t want to see AD in Green. Dude is made of glass. All set with that after the Hayward experiment.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2022, 12:23:38 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Anthony Day-to-Davis. A DNP. Dude's on the verge of becoming MRI Stoudimire.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2022, 12:25:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I can’t really remember a guy being completely injury plagued for like 4-5 seasons that suddenly became healthy and reliable while also being a star. Am I forgetting anyone?

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2022, 12:29:26 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Is AD even worth three 1sts anymore? And that is not even taking into account the starter and two rotation players we are losing in the deal. If AD publicly apologized to the Cs organization, then I'd take a chance, but we might have to talk about compensation. LAL becomes a better team in the near term and in the future after this deal.

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2022, 12:34:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I can’t really remember a guy being completely injury plagued for like 4-5 seasons that suddenly became healthy and reliable while also being a star. Am I forgetting anyone?

I think 4-5 would be hard to show.  I can't think of much precedent for it.

But, has Davis been "completely injury plagued" for 4 - 5 seasons?  It's really the last two that have been really bad.  2019 he was healthy but sat pending being traded, and in 2020 he played in 62 out of 71 games.

If we're talking bouncing back after two unhealthy seasons, there are a few examples.  Embiid, obviously.  Jrue Holiday hasn't been completely healthy, but he's been decently reliable after some injury plagued years.

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2022, 01:08:16 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

?

You forgot Rob. ;)

Timelord / Theis
Davis
Tatum
Brown / White
Smart

you're right, don't know how I missed Timelord.  does make for devastating starting 5 -- if all are healthy.  Theis, White and Pritchard/Nesmith off the bench is not horrible but needs some real improvement and with those draft picks gone, it'll have to be done via free agency