Author Topic: Rumor: Celtics in talks for Ross  (Read 7516 times)

Re: Celtics in talks for Ross
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2022, 11:09:17 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
I am not a fan of Ross.  Mass Live said its Romeo, Dennis and a pick.  Thats a lot.

That is a lot. Schroder and Romeo are both shooting better from 3 pt.

Hey sure… I know when I need a key bucket off the bench, the first thing I think is: LANGFORD

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2022, 11:11:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Are we really calling a guy that is currently shooting worse than Marcus Smart a sharpshooter?

Does that make Grant Williams the equivalent of Steph Curry in his best year?

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2022, 11:11:50 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I’d do that. Not sure why everyone thinking it’s too much. Two weeks again everyone was ready to kick Schroder out the door and after a few decent games and a win streak he’s untouchable? Gotta love the green kool aid.

Ross can score and be a 6th man type. Schroder is gone at the end of the year one way or another and quite frankly the Cs are better without him on the floor. Pritchard can fill the backup point spot. Romeo is a waste of space so not missing much there.

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2022, 11:17:09 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
T-Ross is a selfish gunner. He doesn't pass. He doesn't handle the ball well. All he does he jack up shots and he isn't all that efficient at that. He is the definition of a streaky scorer / shooter. And he usually coasts on defense doing as little as he can get away with.

He has underachieved throughout his career and is exactly the type of player you find on lousy teams. Self-interested who consistently puts his own desires above his team.

He is the opposite of what this team needs.

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2022, 11:18:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This makes little sense. Ross is a worse player than Schröder. It forces Richardson to play point, which isn't his strength. It means the team has Ross next year at $11 million, but IMO, it makes more sense to keep Schröder, the better player and try to sign him next year for $7 million, less money.

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2022, 11:18:59 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I am not a fan of Ross.  Mass Live said its Romeo, Dennis and a pick.  Thats a lot.

That is a lot. Schroder and Romeo are both shooting better from 3 pt.

At the same time, Wiggins goes to GSW and he is suddenly deadly. Look at his splits! And now that he's played 120 games, it's a decent sample. Without checking his shot types, I'm guessing he is taking a lot more catch and shoot, which is exactly what Ross would be doing..

EDIT: Wiggins is taking more than double the amount of corner threes than he did in Minny

Andrew Wiggins was the 1st pick in his draft and is 26. He matured late. Terrence Ross is 31, is on an awful team and hasn’t started for years.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2022, 11:22:06 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
Is there anyone who would legitimately care about Romeo Langford if he’d been taken in the 2nd round? Or was undrafted?

Because a series of such wing players have come and gone in his time / stead, strictly because we wasted a lottery pick on him.

I’ve never seen a player more invisible on the court. Yet when we traded Javonte Green, no one batted an eye — just because we hadn’t spent a draft pick on him. He’s a better player than Langford — period.

Trading Langford for a bench player with some b**ls is a no-brainer.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 11:54:35 PM by todd_days_41 »

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2022, 11:24:24 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
I’d be fine with Terrance Ross in the rotation as the 8th or 9th man.  I don’t even mind if he replaces Schröder.  If management is okay with the luxury tax, I’m good with giving up Yam Madar if the rest of the deal is some combination Fernando, Bol, and Dozier to match salaries.  But it’s not going to get me excited, and I’d be surprised if this was move they made unless something else was separately lined up.  Ross isn’t a terribly good shooter, and isn’t known for his defense.  He is a guy who can get going sometimes, and a bench dude who gets hot for a half is the type of thing that can steal a playoff game, but it’d be pretty meh, except for the surprise when it meant the C’s leaned into the tax.

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2022, 11:45:21 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
if they give up the first rounder this year (along with whatever else) for Ross, I'll be upset...

It's not like bringing in James Posey or something...

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2022, 11:46:10 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
Ross would be fine by me. He's a real live NBA swingman, which isn't the case with Romeo or Nesmith, and he's another mid-sized expiring contract to get creative with over the summer. If you assume the first-round picks are frozen while the team waits on Beal, you won't do too much better. If Schroeder goes in a Ross deal then you probably need to bring in one more adult as bench insurance though.

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2022, 11:48:17 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Ross sucks.  No thanks.

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2022, 11:53:09 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
It’s probably a smoke screen leak go bump up offers for Schroder. In Orlando he’d be bought out — which means teams who may want him would face competition. Better to trade for him now.

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2022, 11:54:24 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
It’s probably a smoke screen leak go bump up offers for Schroder. In Orlando he’d be bought out — which means teams who may want him would face competition. Better to trade for him now.
He might want to stay there. Pad his stats on a bad team before free agency. Try to get a better offer in the summer.

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2022, 11:55:40 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
He might want to stay there. Pad his stats on a bad team before free agency. Try to get a better offer in the summer.

Maybe! And even worse for those teams. Either way the story feel like a plant to Washburn.

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2022, 12:02:42 AM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51

Almost certainly would be a three-team deal where Schroeder goes somewhere, the second rounder you get for him gets stapled to one of Langford/Nesmith headed Orlando's way, and Ross to Boston. Filler contracts sprinkled in as necessary.