Author Topic: Reports / Speculation: Schroder linked Chicago, Milwaukee  (Read 8607 times)

Re: Hoopshype Idea: Schroder to Chicago
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2022, 03:07:42 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
If a Schroder to CHI happens it will probably be centered around the Cs taking back Troy Brown Jr and the in a second trade sending Dozier or Bol into their TE for Thies to keep both teams below the tax. 

There may be second round pick in the mix also.

Getting Theis back would be great, and a very Stevens move.

Does Brown + Theis for Schroder + Bol save us money?

I assume Brown would be heading to Houston with Bol, but no, it would not save money.

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2022, 03:14:35 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
For Bulls:

Schroder and Bruno for Ayo and Troy Brown. Saves us $1.5 mil, we find a taker for Dozier and we’re under the tax.

They won’t do it but it’s nice to dream.

For Bucks:

Hill makes $1.5 less than Schroder. Donte, Pat C, and Grayson are all in the compatible range to Schroder but would require us to add draft capital so I don’t see them making much sense for us.

It’s not clear what the Bucks are going to do with Donte.  He had a very significant injury, is struggling in his return, and they probably can’t afford to keep him next season.  If they think Schröder can help them more this year, it’s probably a fair trade straight up.

Edit: I should mention that I don’t think Action Network’s tweets are worth any more than something I tweeted myself.

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2022, 03:27:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Edit: I should mention that I don’t think Action Network’s tweets are worth any more than something I tweeted myself.

Yeah, here on CS, we report these as essentially trade ideas with a good deal of skepticism.  Yet, Boston.com treats them as fact:

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2022/02/06/celtics-dennis-schroder-bulls-bucks-offer-nba-trade-deadline-rumors/

The Globe shouldn’t be a rumor aggregator.  I still remember when Shira Springer regurgitated Celtic Thug.  It’s lazy and disappointing.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2022, 03:33:22 PM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
Would you guys trade Schroder (1/5.9) for George Hill (2/8)?

I would. Although Schroder is more talented and can put up greater counting stats, I think Hill would be a better fit (along with the "all-important" cap implications) and 4M next year for a solid backup G seems like good value.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 03:40:10 PM by nebist »

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2022, 03:43:42 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
Would you guys trade Schroder (1/5.9) for George Hill (2/8)?

I would. Although Schroder is probably more talented and can put up greater counting stats, I think Hill would be a better fit (along with the "all-important" cap implications) and 4M next year for a rock-solid backup G seems like good value.

I'd be a little concerned about taking on Hill's $4 million next year.  It's not a terrible value, but it isn't great.  But many of the C's better avenues towards long-term improvement involve making a free agent acquisition that subjects the team to the hard cap, and in that scenario, the C's would probably be better off with minimum-salary PG than one who makes $4 million, as the extra $2ish million could make the difference between making that bigger move or not.

Also, Hill doesn't make enough to trade for Schroder outright, so the C's would have to take back additional salary, limiting the savings they hope to obtain from trading Schroder.

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2022, 03:59:18 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
For Bulls:

Schroder and Bruno for Ayo and Troy Brown. Saves us $1.5 mil, we find a taker for Dozier and we’re under the tax.

For Bucks:

Hill makes $1.5 less than Schroder. Donte, Pat C, and Grayson are all in the compatible range to Schroder but would require us to add draft capital so I don’t see them making much sense for us.

Why would Bulls give up Dosunmu?

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2022, 04:00:49 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Isn't the reason Schroder is likely to be traded based on the assumption that the C's won't be able to pay him his market value this summer? But in a trade his market value is only a 2nd rounder and a nothing player?

The idea that Schroder is going to get some massive payday seems built on the rumor that he was offered a huge deal from the Lakers that he turned down but since then there's been reporting that, actually, the deal wasn't as big as reported and since then no one has looked all that interested in him. Maybe he just stays in Boston and continues to be a guy who can score 14 ppg off the bench.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2022, 04:03:22 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
For Bulls:

For Bucks:

He has a 1:1 consonant:vowel ratio.  The Chicago Bulls have a 2:1 ratio, so he's not the best fit.  Dennis Schröder has a much better 2.5:1 ratio.  That umlaut really helps his name game.

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2022, 04:41:19 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
If a Schroder to CHI happens it will probably be centered around the Cs taking back Troy Brown Jr and the in a second trade sending Dozier or Bol into their TE for Thies to keep both teams below the tax. 

There may be second round pick in the mix also.

Getting Theis back would be great, and a very Stevens move.

Does Brown + Theis for Schroder + Bol save us money?

I assume Brown would be heading to Houston with Bol, but no, it would not save money.
  Sorry the TE is the one CHI got for trading Theis. I fixed my original post so it's more clear.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 07:37:07 PM by Wretch »

Rumour: Bucks Interested In Schroder
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2022, 04:55:01 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
A report from the Action Network’s Matt Moore suggests that the Milwaukee Bucks are interested in Dennis Schröder.

But the language in the report is unambiguous; Moore claims that “there are two offers on the table for Dennis Schröder according to multiple sources, one from the Milwaukee Bucks and another from the Chicago Bulls.”
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2022, 05:02:12 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
For Bulls:

For Bucks:

Agreed -- this sort of trade suggestion is not based in any kind of reality.

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2022, 05:03:32 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Does it give anyone else pause that rival teams in the eastern conference want to nab one of our playoff rotation players from us for cheap? A player that is fairly productive even against tough competition, even if the advanced stats don't love him?

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2022, 05:07:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Does it give anyone else pause that rival teams in the eastern conference want to nab one of our playoff rotation players from us for cheap? A player that is fairly productive even against tough competition, even if the advanced stats don't love him?

I think at this point it’s silly to dump Schroder unless we get a decent #2 at minimum.

Otherwise, just pay OKC to take one of our end of bench guys.  Bruno or Bol + $2.5 million for a top-55 protected #2 should do it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2022, 05:13:09 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

Out team is playing better as of late.  DS is a good insurance policy if Smart goes down.  DS is an expiring contract.  Why not let the season play out with him on the team? 

We didn’t trade assets to get him.  Why make conf rivals better?  We are only 5 games out of first, 4.5 if we win today.  The season isn’t completely lost yet.

So yes I agree with you.

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2022, 05:30:36 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I would hold out for a 1st round pick.  We don't need reclamation projects.  We just need cap relief and a future asset.  Even if it's a lottery protected pick that ends up in the 20s, that's just fine.  You can find rotation pieces in the 20's if your scouting is good.

Schroeder will help some team make a playoff push but they better pay a good price for those services!  Get it done Brad!