Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 89815 times)

Re: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)
« Reply #360 on: May 07, 2022, 07:49:13 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Doubling down on trading picks/Nesmith for Luguentz Dort followed by a big contract extension partially paid for with Horford coming off the books in 2023. We could add Dort, guarantee Horford, and still stay under the cap next year with an improved roster. We need another elite talent added and Dort is cheap, young, and capable of playing 2-3, even PG if we had a lot of injuries. We can probably just let the TPE expire if staying under the cap is key because this would be is loaded depth:

Smart/White/Pritchard
Brown/Dort
Tatum
Horford/Batman
Timelord/Theis

Bench: Best available ring-chasing vet at the amount that gets us just under the tax, Stauskas, Hauser, Begarin, 2022 2nd round pick
Why does OKC let Dort go?

There’s no RFA rights since he was undrafted, and the dude is from Montreal, so he’s not going to stick with OKC. Boston would definitely be high up on his wish list given our style of play and proximity to his hometown.
So no real reasons

If we had a player we knew we were going to lose for sure but could turn him into a first-round pick and one or more second-round picks, would we really just let him walk for nothing? Especially when rebuilding?

I like Dort so much I’d give up the 2028 1st pick (the one with the swap with the Spurs), a 2027 swap and two of our three second-round picks in 2023.
Except there's nothing factual about this random certainty of him leaving that you're inventing. They are going to begin extension discussions this off-season
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #361 on: May 07, 2022, 08:08:12 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Doubling down on trading picks/Nesmith for Luguentz Dort followed by a big contract extension partially paid for with Horford coming off the books in 2023. We could add Dort, guarantee Horford, and still stay under the cap next year with an improved roster. We need another elite talent added and Dort is cheap, young, and capable of playing 2-3, even PG if we had a lot of injuries. We can probably just let the TPE expire if staying under the cap is key because this would be is loaded depth:

Smart/White/Pritchard
Brown/Dort
Tatum
Horford/Batman
Timelord/Theis

Bench: Best available ring-chasing vet at the amount that gets us just under the tax, Stauskas, Hauser, Begarin, 2022 2nd round pick

There’s no RFA rights since he was undrafted, and the dude is from Montreal, so he’s not going to stick with OKC. Boston would definitely be high up on his wish list given our style of play and proximity to his hometown.
So no real reasons

If we had a player we knew we were going to lose for sure but could turn him into a first-round pick and one or more second-round picks, would we really just let him walk for nothing? Especially when rebuilding?

I like Dort so much I’d give up the 2028 1st pick (the one with the swap with the Spurs), a 2027 swap and two of our three second-round picks in 2023.
Except there's nothing factual about this random certainty of him leaving that you're inventing. They are going to begin extension discussions this off-season

Maybe. Or he’ll essentially ask for a trade by not agreeing to talk about extensions with OKC. He has a lot of power IMHO. He can broadcast “here’s my list of places I’ll sign extensions with if you trade me to them” because any team willing to trade for him will demand to speak to him about an extension before giving up a first-round pick or more for him.

He’s a real diamond in the rough. The more I look into this guy, I’m so big on him that I think he can be our insurance policy/hedge against Brown deciding to take his talents elsewhere. Or if we lockdown JT/JB/Dort for the foreseeable future, well, we’re loaded/potentially a dynasty. That’s why I’d give up so much for him. That last piece of the puzzle that pushes us over the top and gets us multiple titles this decade.

« Reply #362 on: May 07, 2022, 08:10:38 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Smart/White/Pritchard
Brown/Dort
Tatum
Horford/Batman
Timelord/Theis

So no real reasons

Maybe. Or he’ll essentially ask for a trade by not agreeing to talk about extensions. He has a lot of power IMHO. Can broadcast “here’s my list of places I’ll sign extensions with if you trade me to them” because any team willing to trade for him will demand to speak to him about an extension before giving up a first-round pick or more for him.

He’s a real diamond in the rough. The more I look into this guy, I’m so big on him that I think he can be our insurance policy/hedge against Brown deciding to take his talents elsewhere. That’s why I’d give up so much for him.
I guess these are all vague, faint possibilities. But nothing of that sort has even looked like coming to be.

I do not share that at all. Dort is horrible on offence. An EFG of 49% and less than 2 assists a game for a 6'3 focal point of their offence is awful. He should never have more than 10 shots a game

« Reply #363 on: May 07, 2022, 08:14:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Dort isn't available....plain and simple. He would be as available as Marcus Smart was at the same age....translation....not one little bit without a ridiculously huge return.

« Reply #364 on: May 11, 2022, 10:37:53 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Interesting possibility, and would love to see this circus in LA:

LAL In: Kyrie, Simmons, Curry, 2027 PHI 1st
BKN In: AD, Westbrook

LA does it to give LeBron his little brother back, and a couple pieces who just might give him a shot (certainly more of a shot than bringing back AD/Westbrook).

Nets then turn around and do this deal at the behest of Durant:

BKN In: Fultz, Bamba
ORL In: Westbrook, 2022 PHI 1st (after player chosen by Orlando is selected)

Orlando does it for the ratings and a 1st to move on from the huge dollars for Fultz/Bamba. Westbrook can still sell jerseys/tickets in a small market.

All three teams walk probably away better than what they entered the off-season with.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 10:46:02 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #365 on: May 12, 2022, 11:52:12 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
This idea is if we lose to the Bucks:

Jaylen once again disappeared in the fourth, and not letting Smart get that rebound is...well, instead of hoping Jaylen becomes Kawhi, which is just not happening as we ought to be able to see now that  Jaylen is closer to 30 than 20 now, let’s finally get the real deal if he’s truly not interested in LAC given whatever the heck the medical team did that lost his trust (ultimately, he’s tanned, rested and ready at only age 30):

BOS In: Kawhi Leonard
LAC In: Jaylen Brown, Daniel Theis (required to make the $’s work), however many picks it takes

Then use the TPE on a replacement of Theis. Trade Nesmith and our remaining picks we can trade for Dort.

This 9/10-man rotation is good enough to win it all the next 5-7 years (only Horford will probably not last the full 5 years):

Smart/White
Dort/Pritchard
Leonard/Batman
Tatum/Horford
Timelord/TPE replacement of Theis
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 10:57:40 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #366 on: May 13, 2022, 01:16:56 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Jaylen once again disappeared in the fourth, and not letting Smart get that rebound is...well, instead of hoping Jaylen becomes Kawhi, which is just not happening as we ought to be able to see now that  Jaylen is closer to 30 than 20 now, let’s finally get the real deal if he’s truly not interested in LAC given whatever the heck the medical team did that lost his trust (ultimately, he’s tanned, rested and ready at only age 30):

LAC In: Jaylen Brown, Daniel Theis (required to make the $’s work), however many picks it takes

Then use the TPE on a replacement of Theis. Trade Nesmith and our remaining picks we can trade for Dort.

This 9/10-man rotation is good enough to win it all the next 5-7 years (only Horford will probably not last the full 5 years):

Smart/White
Dort/Pritchard
Leonard/Batman
Tatum/Horford
Here are your problems with this idea:

1. Dort isn't available and the C's don't have any good assets to trade for him if he was available. If Presti made Dort available there are a bunch of other teams that could put together a better package than Stevens could. Dort isn't happening.

2. Post injury, there's no guarantee Kawhi returns to being "Kawhi" and he'll be 31 to start next season. There is every possibility that over the next 4-5 years Brown is the much better player at a much better price. So I don't see Stevens pulling off that trade.

« Reply #367 on: May 13, 2022, 02:56:02 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Smart/White
Dort/Pritchard
Leonard/Batman
Tatum/Horford

1. Dort isn't available and the C's don't have any good assets to trade for him if he was available. If Presti made Dort available there are a bunch of other teams that could put together a better package than Stevens could. Dort isn't happening.

2. Post injury, there's no guarantee Kawhi returns to being "Kawhi" and he'll be 31 to start next season. There is every possibility that over the next 4-5 years Brown is the much better player at a much better price. So I don't see Stevens pulling off that trade.

I agree with just all of what you said, but is dort really that valuable? I believe he is very elite defensively but I am not sold on his shooting or scoring a non tanking team.

« Reply #368 on: May 13, 2022, 08:56:38 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Smart/White
Dort/Pritchard
Leonard/Batman
Tatum/Horford
ugh, more nonsense.

A. Jaylen carried that team when Jayson was on the bench.
B. Smart was knocking the ball away from Jaylen, not the other way around.
C. Dort isn't available. 
D. I wouldn't move the usually available Jaylen and more assets for a rarely available Kawhi that hasn't shown what his current level of play is.  Jaylen's cheaper and locked up under contract and still an all-star level talent.

just another knee-jerk bad reaction to try to trade Jaylen.  If you want to look at why the C's are struggling against the Bucks and address that, look at Tatum

« Reply #369 on: May 13, 2022, 10:34:30 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

LA does it to give LeBron his little brother back, and a couple pieces who just might give him a shot (certainly more of a shot than bringing back AD/Westbrook).

Orlando does it for the ratings and a 1st to move on from the huge dollars for Fultz/Bamba. Westbrook can still sell jerseys/tickets in a small market.

All three teams walk probably away better than what they entered the off-season with.
LA isn't making a deal that swaps out a Klutch player for another especially when there's no guarantee about Kyrie or Simmons getting on the court consistently.

Brooklyn is likely gunshy about taking on AD who can't seem to stay healthy.  gamble is that he's more available than Kyrie and Simmons.

Orlando doesn't touch that deal because no one wants Westbrook.  Also, Bamba's off the books after this season.  has no deal for next year.  add in that he and Fultz this year make about 18 mill compared to Westbrook making over 44 this past season and schedule to get 47 next year.  they're moving on from "huge dollars" from Fultz and Bamba (who's off the books) for Westbrook?  do some research

absolutely not one iota of common sense reasoning for any of this to happen

« Reply #370 on: May 13, 2022, 08:56:25 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Smart/White
Dort/Pritchard
Leonard/Batman
Tatum/Horford

I agree with just all of what you said, but is dort really that valuable? I believe he is very elite defensively but I am not sold on his shooting or scoring a non tanking team.
No, Dort is incredibly overrated. Putting up 17ppg on super terrible efficiency whilst playing for a terrible team does not impress me

« Reply #371 on: May 13, 2022, 10:52:56 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

LA isn't making a deal that swaps out a Klutch player for another especially when there's no guarantee about Kyrie or Simmons getting on the court consistently.

Brooklyn is likely gunshy about taking on AD who can't seem to stay healthy.  gamble is that he's more available than Kyrie and Simmons.

Kyrie just cost them Harden after playing hooky for almost half the season. Dude is a nightmare they need to move on from. Simmons might be broke for good. AD is a top ten player when healthy, and exactly what they need to get past Giannis. If the Lakers want to dump Westbrick, they’re surely going to have to package AD with him. LeBron knows what AD/Westbrick gets him therefore he’s willing to roll the die with Kyrie/Simmons/Curry. Klutch aims to please one player above all: Queen James.

Orlando doesn't touch that deal because no one wants Westbrook.  Also, Bamba's off the books after this season.  has no deal for next year.  add in that he and Fultz this year make about 18 mill compared to Westbrook making over 44 this past season and schedule to get 47 next year.  they're moving on from "huge dollars" from Fultz and Bamba (who's off the books) for Westbrook?  do some research

absolutely not one iota of common sense reasoning for any of this to happen

Westbrick is off the books after this year, and would likely re-sign for far less than they currently owe Fultz in 2023-2024. Westbrick is still a big name in this league, too, unlike Fultz and an expiring Bamba who is probably walking. A big name who puts butts in the seats of a team with one of the worst records in 2021-2022. That’s more valuable to Orlando than Mamba/Fultz.

I literally see no other way LA can move Westbrick, and obviously LeBron is going to move heaven and earth to unload him. If others have suggestions, throw them out there.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 11:03:56 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #372 on: May 13, 2022, 11:00:12 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Smart/White
Dort/Pritchard
Leonard/Batman
Tatum/Horford

No, Dort is incredibly overrated. Putting up 17ppg on super terrible efficiency whilst playing for a terrible team does not impress me

I want Dort for his defense, and the fact he costs less than Nesmith. He has the potential to be just as good as Smart on D, and is probably just as good on O.

« Reply #373 on: May 13, 2022, 11:01:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Smart/White
Dort/Pritchard
Leonard/Batman
Tatum/Horford

I want Dort for his defense, and the fact he costs less than Nesmith. He has the potential to be just as good as Smart on D, and is probably just as good on O.
He is not even in the same ballpark as Smart on offence.

« Reply #374 on: May 13, 2022, 11:05:03 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Smart/White
Dort/Pritchard
Leonard/Batman
Tatum/Horford

He is not even in the same ballpark as Smart on offence.

I meant to say as good as Smart was at his age. That goes for both D and O. Dort just turned 23. Lots of room for growth and I personally project him to be a Smart clone in 4-5 years. Two Smarts is better than one.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 11:14:06 PM by GreenlyGreeny »