Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 90555 times)

Re: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)
« Reply #330 on: April 17, 2022, 04:40:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The problem here is the logic. We don't have an undersized back up PG. White is a great size for a backup PG. What we have is an undersized backup SG, in Pritchard.

« Reply #331 on: April 17, 2022, 04:40:24 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Earlier in the first quarter, one of the announcers pointed out that this team is built around height and defensive capabilities, with Pritchard being our only rotation piece who does not fit the fold. With that in mind, what if we used the TPE and picks to bring in a properly-sized/defensive-minded backup PG? Of course, we would keep Pritchard as an offensive spark off the bench at the 1-2 (and insurance policy given the injury history of Smart).

What about something like this, potentially available given the emergence of Cunningham:

BOS In: Hayes
DET In: TPE, 2024 BOS 1st, 2022 BOS 2nd, 2023 HOU/DAL/MIA 2nd

Enough to get the job done?

More intel on Hayes’ defense: https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2022/2/1/22910961/detroit-pistons-killian-hayes-film-dont-lie-defense
Only problem is Hayes has sucked thus far in his career

This season his defensive ratings were pretty much on par with Derrick White. Dude can defend and he’s still only 20. Who knows how good he could become on the right team?

« Reply #332 on: April 17, 2022, 04:44:28 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
The problem here is the logic. We don't have an undersized back up PG. White is a great size for a backup PG. What we have is an undersized backup SG, in Pritchard.

White is a SG playing backup PG by necessity. I’m obviously open to suggestions on backup SGs, not just backup PGs. I still like the potential of Hayes. Would love to hear some other names. We definitely could use another guard with height and defensive capabilities.

« Reply #333 on: April 17, 2022, 04:47:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Earlier in the first quarter, one of the announcers pointed out that this team is built around height and defensive capabilities, with Pritchard being our only rotation piece who does not fit the fold. With that in mind, what if we used the TPE and picks to bring in a properly-sized/defensive-minded backup PG? Of course, we would keep Pritchard as an offensive spark off the bench at the 1-2 (and insurance policy given the injury history of Smart).

What about something like this, potentially available given the emergence of Cunningham:

BOS In: Hayes
DET In: TPE, 2024 BOS 1st, 2022 BOS 2nd, 2023 HOU/DAL/MIA 2nd

Enough to get the job done?

More intel on Hayes’ defense: https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2022/2/1/22910961/detroit-pistons-killian-hayes-film-dont-lie-defense
Only problem is Hayes has sucked thus far in his career

This season his defensive ratings were pretty much on par with Derrick White. Dude can defend and he’s still only 20. Who knows how good he could become on the right team?
We are currently in the midst of a genuine tilt at a championship. I don't care about wasting a TPE and picks on such a raw prospect
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #334 on: April 17, 2022, 04:53:44 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

White is a SG playing backup PG by necessity. I’m obviously open to suggestions on backup SGs, not just backup PGs. I still like the potential of Hayes. Would love to hear some other names. We definitely could use another guard with height and defensive capabilities.
Smart plays 30+ mpg. Brown 34+ mpg. White 28+. Pritchard picks up minutes. Just how much PT do you think is available because those four guys probably aren't going anywhere?

Fact is, if Pritchard plays the 2 offensively when playing with White or Smart, his new bulldog defense is good enough to keep him getting minutes because he is probably going to be a +43% shooter from three during his career.

If I am using the TPE it's for a long 3-4 defensive, shooting swing.

« Reply #335 on: April 17, 2022, 04:58:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Smart plays 30+ mpg. Brown 34+ mpg. White 28+. Pritchard picks up minutes. Just how much PT do you think is available because those four guys probably aren't going anywhere?

Fact is, if Pritchard plays the 2 offensively when playing with White or Smart, his new bulldog defense is good enough to keep him getting minutes because he is probably going to be a +43% shooter from three during his career.

If I am using the TPE it's for a long 3-4 defensive, shooting swing.

Would Washington move Kuzma for the TPE, Nesmith and picks?

« Reply #336 on: April 17, 2022, 05:07:23 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

That’s the thing: Hayes is 6’5 and can defend positions 1-3. It would help us backfill that need for defensive depth at the three.

This would also be nice.

This team is great. The TPE is an opportunity to make us even better. I do think we should seize the opportunity and get better backup play somewhere in the backcourt and/or 3.

« Reply #337 on: April 17, 2022, 05:24:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

That’s the thing: Hayes is 6’5 and can defend positions 1-3. It would help us backfill that need for defensive depth at the three.

This would also be nice.

This team is great. The TPE is an opportunity to make us even better. I do think we should seize the opportunity and get better backup play somewhere in the backcourt and/or 3.
We are literally the best defensive team in the league. What is this need we have to add more defence, from a guy who is terrible on offence?

« Reply #338 on: April 17, 2022, 05:49:34 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

This would also be nice.

We are literally the best defensive team in the league. What is this need we have to add more defence, from a guy who is terrible on offence?

Our identity is defense and height.

« Reply #339 on: April 17, 2022, 05:57:37 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

This would also be nice.

Our identity is defense and height.
It's also offensive ability. Which Hayes lacks

« Reply #340 on: April 20, 2022, 09:30:39 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Changed my mind: White and Pritchard are sufficient depth in the backcourt. Let’s use that TPE on a wing!

« Reply #341 on: April 20, 2022, 09:36:18 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Changed my mind: White and Pritchard are sufficient depth in the backcourt. Let’s use that TPE on a wing!

TP

« Reply #342 on: April 20, 2022, 09:51:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
This is your best idea yet. TP.

« Reply #343 on: April 20, 2022, 09:57:35 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
If I could spend Wyc’s money I’d try to use the TPE to get an upgrade on Theis and move him. Getting Theis was a great move this year, but his limits are apparent and Al and Rob’s health can’t be taken for granted.

Use the MLE for wing depth.

« Reply #344 on: April 20, 2022, 10:01:47 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If I could spend Wyc’s money I’d try to use the TPE to get an upgrade on Theis and move him. Getting Theis was a great move this year, but his limits are apparent and Al and Rob’s health can’t be taken for granted.

Use the MLE for wing depth.
I'd rather keep Theis and move on from Kornet.  would still like to acquire a better big than Theis but if we have a big that needs to go, it's Kornet