Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 90856 times)

Re: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)
« Reply #315 on: April 06, 2022, 09:29:23 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
My take on the Lakers (and it’s a good idea to keep an eye on our wounded enemy): They are stuck with Westbrick, probably the worst contract in the history of sports that is going to pay almost $50 million for a season, and LeBron is close to 40, so it may be time to rebuild by getting assets for AD while he still fetches assets, and sending LeBron back to Cleveland (especially if LeBron expresses a desire to surpass Kareem as a Cavalier). These might be the best moves available:

LAL In: Sexton, Love, 2022 Draft Day 1st, 2023 1st
CLE In: LeBron, Horton-Tucker

Sexton and two firsts allows both LeBron and LA to save face. Cleveland makes the under-the-table promise to do whatever it takes to draft Bronny. End of the line for LeBron.

Now who to move AD to…they want the best return possible, ideally with him being shipped to the East so he only has two opportunities per year to embarrass LA, so perhaps a deal with MJ gets it done. Perhaps something like this:

LAL In: Hayward, Richards (He’s Filler to Make the $’s work), 2022 Draft Day 1st, 2023 1st, 2025 1st, 2026 1st swap, 2027 1st
CHA In: AD

LAL helps Charlotte get Hayward off the books and make Charlotte legit contenders if AD stays healthy, so in return they get four first-rounders and a 2026 swap. Quite the haul. The bet is on AD’s health. There’s probably no other way for MJ to get that second superstar he needs to get to the next level…

Obviously these moves give LA a lot of picks, and once Westbrick and Love come off the books in a year, they can try to sign Jokic and then another max free agent after Hayward comes off the books in 2024. We all know they rebuild via free agency, so there you go…if not Jokic in 2023, perhaps Harden, Kyrie, or Beal. Surely Showtime will attract one of those bozos in Kyrie/Harden, or Beal. 2024 may end up being headlined by Kawhi, our very own JB, and/or Lillard. Say the Lakers got Jokic, JB (and/or Kawhi), all of those picks and either retained Sexton or turned him into assets. They could easily be in title contention by 2025…

Also think they’ll opt for a college coach to lead the rebuild. Probably throw a ton of money at Tony Bennett or someone like that.

Thoughts?
this thread is like Friday the 13th.  just when you think Jason is finally dead, nope, he's back again.

having said that, I don't see the appeal for either Cleveland or Charlotte. 
- Lebron ditched Cleveland twice and is no position to get that team to a title now.  He's still a really good player but not what he once was.  They'd give up a draft capital they can't really afford to give up and they'd also be saddled with Bronny who doesn't look like 10% of the player his father was.
- While exchanging one chronically-injured player for a better chronically-injured player would be risky, Hayward has shown he can click with the rest of their roster whereas AD hasn't and moving AD to a location he doesn't want to be in wouldn't likely inspire him to get back on the court.  that's lot of draft capital Charlotte would be giving up which I wouldn't do if I was them since they seem to now be hitting on their picks. 

« Reply #316 on: April 06, 2022, 12:36:36 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Davis is a shell of his former self. He moves around like he’s an out of shape 50 year old, yet he is only 29. I’m sure there will be a trade market for him, but I doubt he gets a quality return.

There is zero chance the Lakers trade LeBron. Part of the reason they signed him in the first place, was so he would be in a Lakers uniform when he broke the scoring title, which will happen next season.

« Reply #317 on: April 06, 2022, 12:57:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Davis is a shell of his former self. He moves around like he’s an out of shape 50 year old, yet he is only 29. I’m sure there will be a trade market for him, but I doubt he gets a quality return.

There is zero chance the Lakers trade LeBron. Part of the reason they signed him in the first place, was so he would be in a Lakers uniform when he broke the scoring title, which will happen next season.

An out of shape 50 year old who still averages 23 / 10 though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #318 on: April 06, 2022, 02:24:39 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
I suppose the LA/Cleveland trade could work if Cleveland promised to draft Bronny and LeBron forced his way out? Kevin Love would probably be happy playing in LA again. People have been predicting a west coast destination for him since Memphis drafted him and traded him to Minnesota. I can’t see Cleveland doing that after getting left twice for more enticing teams. Even abused spouses get tired of that, but I guess the probability isn’t zero.

I know it’s MJ, but he’d be trading more for a chronically injured and older AD than Danny Ainge was willing to trade for a younger, healthier AD. I don’t think that trade is likely either.

« Reply #319 on: April 07, 2022, 01:43:39 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
My guess is LeBron is realizing there’s no way Westbrick walks away from nearly $50 million and there’s no way anybody trades anyone other than John Wall for Westbrick. In other words, next year with the Lakers is going to be another embarrassment. In contrast, Mobley is a future all-NBAer and the Cavs could maybe get back to the Finals with LeBron. He has to be seriously considering forcing his way back home? And if that happens, we have to think the Lakers will go all-in on a rebuild by dealing AD while he still yields picks? To me, I really do not see any other path for LA. Doing this again is not an option, is it? If so, how embarrassing for LeBron and the Lakers…

« Reply #320 on: April 07, 2022, 01:52:34 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

An out of shape 50 year old who still averages 23 / 10 though.
He does make it look easy, but two of the key elements of his game have really dropped off. His ability to draw fouls has majorly diminished (probably avoiding contact due to injury-prone nature), and his perimeter shooting has plummeted. He's still a great defender and has a very dangerous offensive arsenal, but man... he needs a better physio.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #321 on: April 07, 2022, 03:11:10 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Gordon Hayward trajectory, except no leg snapping in half so even more concerning

« Reply #322 on: April 08, 2022, 10:23:02 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
this thread is like Friday the 13th.  just when you think Jason is finally dead, nope, he's back again.

There’s a lot more comedy in this than Friday the 13th, so the true comp is Nightmare on Elm Street 🤣

« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 10:31:34 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #323 on: April 08, 2022, 11:58:00 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

There’s a lot more comedy in this than Friday the 13th, so the true comp is Nightmare on Elm Street 🤣

but I'm far more tired of the Friday the 13th franchise than the Nightmare franchise so it's more fitting for me.  though I am tired of both

« Reply #324 on: April 16, 2022, 05:21:50 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Zion looked out of shape on the sidelines of the play-in game last night. It was also odd seeing him not sit next to his teammates. We’ve all heard how McCollum was not introduced to the team by Zion and other nightmare stories. If the Pelicans decided to move him this off-season, what kind of market would there be for him? Would we want to consider throwing a bunch of picks/swaps and the TPE to acquire him, knowing we have his RFA rights, and he could potentially move us from being title contenders to dynasty contenders? I keep coming back to this idea for some reason. It would be a gamble, but it feels like the type of gamble that could yield the biggest dynasty since the ‘90s Bulls. Even if he does not pan out, we’re still title contenders without him and the way we are going, we’re talking a bunch of picks in the mid/late 20s.

BOS In: Zion
NOP In: TPE, BOS 2023 1st swap, BOS 2024 1st, BOS 2025 1st swap, BOS 2026 1st, BOS 2027 1st swap, BOS 2028 1st, 2022 BOS 2nd, (3) BOS 2nd picks in 2023

Bring back Horford, add a MLE 1-2, and look at how loaded we are:

Smart/MLE 1-2/Pritchard
Brown/White/Begarin
Tatum/G. Williams/Nesmith
Zion/Horford
Timelord/Theis

It’s hard to see how we could pass up an opportunity like this.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 05:30:19 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #325 on: April 16, 2022, 05:37:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Zion looked out of shape on the sidelines of the play-in game last night. It was also odd seeing him not sit next to his teammates. We’ve all heard how McCollum was not introduced to the team by Zion and other nightmare stories. If the Pelicans decided to move him this off-season, what kind of market would there be for him? Would we want to consider throwing a bunch of picks/swaps and the TPE to acquire him, knowing we have his RFA rights, and he could potentially move us from being title contenders to dynasty contenders? I keep coming back to this idea for some reason. It would be a gamble, but it feels like the type of gamble that could yield the biggest dynasty since the ‘90s Bulls. Even if he does not pan out, we’re still title contenders without him and the way we are going, we’re talking a bunch of picks in the mid/late 20s.

NOP In: TPE, BOS 2023 1st swap, BOS 2024 1st, BOS 2025 1st swap, BOS 2026 1st, BOS 2027 1st swap, BOS 2028 1st, 2022 BOS 2nd, (3) BOS 2nd picks in 2023

Smart/MLE 1-2/Pritchard
Brown/White/Begarin
Zion/Horford
Timelord/Theis

And easy to see how New Orleans could pass it up. 3 very later first round picks, swaps that don't occur because of a young dynasty and a couple 2nds for a possible generational talent(if he can get in shape and stay healthy).

The Knicks would pulverize that offer. So would about 15-20 other teams.

« Reply #326 on: April 16, 2022, 05:53:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
My guess is LeBron is realizing there’s no way Westbrick walks away from nearly $50 million and there’s no way anybody trades anyone other than John Wall for Westbrick. In other words, next year with the Lakers is going to be another embarrassment. In contrast, Mobley is a future all-NBAer and the Cavs could maybe get back to the Finals with LeBron. He has to be seriously considering forcing his way back home? And if that happens, we have to think the Lakers will go all-in on a rebuild by dealing AD while he still yields picks? To me, I really do not see any other path for LA. Doing this again is not an option, is it? If so, how embarrassing for LeBron and the Lakers…

Probably careening towards a very forgettable end to lebrons career. Then again he didn’t choose LA to win.

« Reply #327 on: April 16, 2022, 07:38:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Smart/MLE 1-2/Pritchard
Brown/White/Begarin
Zion/Horford
Timelord/Theis

Just stop

« Reply #328 on: April 17, 2022, 04:24:54 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Earlier in the first quarter, one of the announcers pointed out that this team is built around height and defensive capabilities, with Pritchard being our only rotation piece who does not fit the fold. With that in mind, what if we used the TPE and picks to bring in a properly-sized/defensive-minded backup PG? Of course, we would keep Pritchard as an offensive spark off the bench at the 1-2 (and insurance policy given the injury history of Smart).

What about something like this, potentially available given the emergence of Cunningham:

BOS In: Hayes
DET In: TPE, 2024 BOS 1st, 2022 BOS 2nd, 2023 HOU/DAL/MIA 2nd

Enough to get the job done?

More intel on Hayes’ defense: https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2022/2/1/22910961/detroit-pistons-killian-hayes-film-dont-lie-defense

This is quite the darn team, especially if we add a MLE 3-4 and a ring-chasing big at the minimum:

Smart/Hayes/Pritchard
Brown/White/Begarin
Tatum/Nesmith
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Theis
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 04:39:21 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #329 on: April 17, 2022, 04:28:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Earlier in the first quarter, one of the announcers pointed out that this team is built around height and defensive capabilities, with Pritchard being our only rotation piece who does not fit the fold. With that in mind, what if we used the TPE and picks to bring in a properly-sized/defensive-minded backup PG? Of course, we would keep Pritchard as an offensive spark off the bench at the 1-2 (and insurance policy given the injury history of Smart).

What about something like this, potentially available given the emergence of Cunningham:

BOS In: Hayes
DET In: TPE, 2024 BOS 1st, 2022 BOS 2nd, 2023 HOU/DAL/MIA 2nd

Enough to get the job done?

More intel on Hayes’ defense: https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2022/2/1/22910961/detroit-pistons-killian-hayes-film-dont-lie-defense
Only problem is Hayes has sucked thus far in his career