Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 91012 times)

Re: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)
« Reply #270 on: February 06, 2022, 02:18:23 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm struggling to wrap my head around comparing DeJounte Murray to John Stockton

High IQ passing PG who makes all of his teammates better and plays a style he can continue doing well into his 30s. Like Stockton and CP3, Murray will be an elite pass-first PG into his late 30s (barring a freak injury - the way he plays is completely compatible with doing it right until you’re almost 40).
DeJounte Murray is not the playmaker that those guys are. Not at all.

Not yet, but by the time he is 29/30? I like those odds.
Stockton & CP3 were obviously elite passers by their early 20s. Their innate understanding of the game isn’t just developed.

I’m a huge fan of Murray (and have advocated for trading for him for years), but this comparison is nonsense
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #271 on: February 06, 2022, 06:48:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Pass first PG seem to be a dying breed, just like big lumbering centers.   The game evolves and so do positions.   I think the league has been moving on towards more position less players for a several years.

« Reply #272 on: February 06, 2022, 01:42:00 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
If Beal and Sabonis force their way out, here’s three steps to title contention each of the next 5-6 years, potentially beyond given the age of Tatum/Giddey/Sabonis:

Trade 1
BOS In: Giddey, Sabonis, McConnell, OKC haul of picks
OKC In: Brown
IND In: Langford, Freedom, two BOS first-round picks, one BOS first-round swap

Trade 2
BOS In: Beal
WAS In: Horford, Schröder, OKC haul of picks

Trade 3
BOS In: Theis, Martin
HOU In: Nesmith, Pritchard, Fernando, two second-round picks

All of our upcoming draft ammunition is gone, but all of those picks would be in the 20s, hopefully one or two at 30 given this 11-man rotation (slot Smart in place of McConnell for this year while McConnell recovers)

Giddey/McConnell
Beal/Smart
Tatum/Richardson/Kenyon Martin, Jr.
Sabonis/G. Williams
Timelord/Theis

Bench in 2022-2023: MLE 5/4, Begarin, any 2022 pick(s)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 01:59:41 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #273 on: February 06, 2022, 02:39:16 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I feel like you are obsessed with TJ McConnell in an unhealthy way. There's absolutely no reason for you to come up with multiple trades in the same thread for a backup point guard who had a season-ending injury this year.

But I love the fanatic love.

« Reply #274 on: February 06, 2022, 02:43:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
You really think we could get Sabonis for Romeo, Freedom and 3 picks??
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #275 on: February 06, 2022, 06:06:14 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
You really think we could get Sabonis for Romeo, Freedom and 3 picks??

If we can execute the rest of that stuff and it takes 4-5 picks, so be it. A Big 3 of Tatum/Beal/Sabonis, with an emerging star in Giddey at point and solid depth, is an exciting prospect.

« Reply #276 on: February 06, 2022, 06:08:47 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
I feel like you are obsessed with TJ McConnell in an unhealthy way. There's absolutely no reason for you to come up with multiple trades in the same thread for a backup point guard who had a season-ending injury this year.

But I love the fanatic love.

Best pass-first backup PG in the league, and he can defend on the perimeter. Good contract, too. I’m sick of not having a PG who can facilitate and I want us fixing that bigtime with two pass-first PGs, not just one, in the near-future. Give Tatum/Beal that, coupled with a big man like Sabonis and an eventual paint lockdown defender in Timelord alongside a 6MOTY perimeter defender in Smart, and the sky is the limit.

« Reply #277 on: February 06, 2022, 06:19:08 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Pacers just traded LeVert for picks (and Rubio’s expiring), so perhaps McConnell is redundant for them if Rubio agrees to re-sign. Either way, clearly they are rebuilding. Let’s do it! And try to get Sabonis while we’re at it.

« Reply #278 on: February 06, 2022, 06:25:16 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Wild non-Celtics prediction that will impact us: Unless the Nets win the NBA Finals, James Harden will be traded in the off-season for Ben Simmons and Thyrese Maxey, ultimately making both the Nets and 76ers better.

That said, if I were the Pacers or 76ers, I’d prefer Simmons for Sabonis. But Morey is obsessed with Harden…
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 06:35:30 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #279 on: February 08, 2022, 07:45:35 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Wild non-Celtics prediction that will impact us: Unless the Nets win the NBA Finals, James Harden will be traded in the off-season for Ben Simmons and Thyrese Maxey, ultimately making both the Nets and 76ers better.

That said, if I were the Pacers or 76ers, I’d prefer Simmons for Sabonis. But Morey is obsessed with Harden…

With McCollum going to the Pels, got a feeling something like this might be going down:

POR In: Simmons, perhaps picks from Philly
PHI In: Harden
BKN In: Lillard, Drummond (or someone from PHI who earns more)

Portland looks to the future with Simmons as their centerpiece, and both Philly and Brooklyn get better for different reasons (Lillard + Durant is a scary combo to imagine, especially with Kyrie at the 2, but Embiiid meets Harden is hard to beat)

« Reply #280 on: February 08, 2022, 07:56:15 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
How about moving JB for Giddey and picks; moving Horford, Schröder and those picks for Beal assuming Beal re-signs upon being traded; tanking the rest of this season in order to get a top pick (Beal is out for the year now); and then sitting tight and going for both Brogdon and McConnell in the off-season? Brogdon just signed his extension this September so cannot be traded before the deadline, but clearly the Pacers are focused on rebuilding around Hali, Duarte, their own 2022 lottery pick and all the other picks they are accumulating. As such, it would be great if we could use one or both of those TPEs and picks to bring in both Brogdon and McConnell (reminder on what amounts those TPEs are and when they expire? Presumably one of them can be used on McConnell now).

This would be an epic ten-man rotation:

Brogdon/McConnell
Beal/Smart
Giddey/Richardson
Tatum/GWill
Timelord/MLE 5/4 (Aldridge?)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 08:15:21 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #281 on: February 10, 2022, 11:11:01 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Well, I’m pumped we have Derrick White and we’ll see how he fares. We desperately needed a PG who can pass/facilitate. If he fails to step up as a starter, perhaps we can deal him and picks for Brogdon/McConnell in the off-season?

I love that we brought back Theis. Brad has sent a clear message to all players in the league: You do good for Boston, you get paid under my regime (Horford and now Theis). Danny is done in Boston. Go ask Joe Ingles…

Can’t wait for the trade machines to get updated for 2022-2023, so the fun can continue!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 11:18:11 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #282 on: February 10, 2022, 11:24:49 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Will you still post on other parts of the forum Greenly? Or will you be on hiatus until trading season starts again

« Reply #283 on: February 10, 2022, 11:51:35 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Will you still post on other parts of the forum Greenly? Or will you be on hiatus until trading season starts again

I’m always reading, if not posting (much easier to read everything quickly, not so easy to login and type on a phone). I bleed green and I love the NBA.

« Reply #284 on: February 10, 2022, 11:57:08 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

I’m always reading, if not posting (much easier to read everything quickly, not so easy to login and type on a phone). I bleed green and I love the NBA.

Amen - TP my dude